• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Galloway Run/Walk

madduck

Mouseketeer
Is there somewhere I can find the amount of run vs. walk that is recommended in the Galloway plan. I did the plan to get ready for the half and after I could run 3 miles without problem, I just ran everything. I am now planning on trying the Goofy and the marathon is very intimidating to me. Is there some sort of ratio or is it run a mile walk a mile? Any guidance is appreciated.

For the Galloway plan go to www.jeffgalloway.com. Use the magic mile prediction and that will give you the run walk ratios based on your magic mile. I tend to train with longer run ratios and then race with smaller ratios (I trained for my full with 2 run: 1 walk. I actually did 1:1 for the race). I have used Galloway for several half's but did the Hal Higdon plan with Galloway ratios for my half's in the fall. I cut 15+ minutes of my time.

Also if you go to the RunDisney site there are Galloway plans for all of the races that use the run/walk/run and explain the ratio based on your times.
Have fun! :goodvibes

I have the Jeff Galloway app for my iPhone. I really like it! I am almost finished with the 5K program, and I am planning on doing the 10K next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter