Galley Tour

alexandrew

<font color=purple>Keep posting, you'll catch up!<
DW and I would very much like to do ship's galley tour on our upcoming Western.....In looking at the most recent Western Navigator posted on Castaway Club dot com, I did not see this activity listed...

1)Is this tour called something other than galley tour, or is it part of a larger tour?
2) When is this tour offered? what day(s) on the Western?
3) Was it interesting?
4) Are reservations required for it? If so, how are they made?

TY

On the Western it is usually offered on Thursday, sea day. It is typically listed in the navigator as part of the Art of Entertaining Series. You do need tickests. Check with guest services about getting these. It is very interesting, at least we thought so and you get cookies! You can also ask at guest services once on board and they can give you more specific information as it pertains to your cruise. And if you attend the Art of Enteraining sessions, they let you know about it as well.

My DW and I took the tour. It was very interesting as we got to see pastry chef making a wedding cake and got some fresh baked cookies along the way. Unfortunatly we were on the shortened Labor Day weekend sailing of the Magic (just after hurricane Frances) and this tour was on the third day on the way back from Cozumel. I am also not sure what this tour was called but we found out about it at the wine tasting earlier in the day.

alexandrew said:
DW and I would very much like to do ship's galley tour on our upcoming Western.....In looking at the most recent Western Navigator posted on Castaway Club dot com, I did not see this activity listed...

1)Is this tour called something other than galley tour, or is it part of a larger tour?
2) When is this tour offered? what day(s) on the Western?
3) Was it interesting?
4) Are reservations required for it? If so, how are they made?

TY
Usually the tour is on the last sea day. It's part of the "Art of Entertaining" Series. If you go to any of the "cooking classes" (especially the last one) they will let you when and where to get the tickets for the tour. Usually a CM will be passing them out outside of Studio Sea or down in the atrium proper. On the ticket is a time to return to Outside of Lumieres and to start your tour. They go every 5 or 10 minutes.

Is it interesting - Yea, I think so. Taken the tour every cruise so far. I "learn" something new each time - depending upon the chef that guides you through. It only takes about 30 minutes and the hot out of the oven chocolate chip cookies are a nice treat!! :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter