• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Galaxy Palace Theatre Closed Forever??

Disney Wanderer

DIS Veteran
It Appears That with The New Construction In TomorrowLand that the Galaxy Palace Theatre Will Not Be Used Anymore?
I was Wondering if this is a Permanant Change?

It is gone completely so I assume it will not be rebuilt and something new will be going in there. We were there on saturday and rode TTA several times and looked down into the contstruction area....:sad1:

The current plan as I understand it is to "temporarily" expand the parking area that abutted the back of the stage area. I had heard that it was due to space needed for the Space Mountain refurb, but its kind of distant.

What will happen after that is unknown at this time.

I just read a post about this on AllEarsNet over the past week or so, its actually going to be rebuilt as a theater for a "Stitch Stage Show". You can see the information here:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/2009/02/magic_kingdom_updates.html

Actually, there is a whole NEW stage going in adjacent to the Tomorrowland Skyway building for "Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration". Separately, part way through those pictures, they mention that the Galaxy Palace Theater "is undergoing a major renovation", but doesn't say what. That article is about a month old I think.

doconeill said:
Actually, there is a whole NEW stage going in adjacent to the Tomorrowland Skyway building for "Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration". Separately, part way through those pictures, they mention that the Galaxy Palace Theater "is undergoing a major renovation", but doesn't say what. That article is about a month old I think.

Good to know, Another family member and myself where checking out all the construction when we where there in January. I am hoping some or all is done by the time I revisit in December, but for some reason I doubt it since there really isn't any dates associated to the construction anywhere. I just read that article like within the last week, had the flu for two weeks after vacation, and was away for the week before that....So, Its all new to me ;)

Hmm...that article could be a little newer than I thought...although I remember a similar set of pictures further back.

The new Stitch show is supposed to be ready for late Spring. We're probably going to miss it as we are going in April.

You might luck out regarding Space Mountain and TTA - I've heard dates varying from August, November, and "2010"...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter