Gah..seller is dragging feet.....

jerryn2368

Mouseketeer
All he has to do is sign the final papers and I can get in Disney's system.
My problem is that I have 5 flights booked allready.I am planning on taking a res,wherever I can get in(BCV is home,but this being our first trip as DVC owners,we will take what we can get on short notice) for June 20-28th.We will need a 1 bdrm for the stay.Does anyone have advice on what I could do if the worst case senario happens,and I cannot get a stay anywhere,at any DVC resort?Can I use my points to stay at,say Port Orleans?
I really need to hear what my options may be,no matter how bad they are.

/grumble

Thanks

You can use your points at Disney Hotels, just not the best use of them. Did you pass Right of First Refusal yet?

Yes RoFR has been passed,Benchmark has my $,all that needs to be done is the final paperwork to be signed by seller,and closing can occur.I was told that if seller signs by Friday,closing can happen on Monday.

Interesting, We didn't send final payment until everything was signed, Closing was via Fed Ex, Fax, email.

Good Luck!

Seller has to sign papers, send them to closing agent (will take at least 1 day if Express Mail is used), closing company has to cash your check and send papers to Disney, Disney needs to add you to system (3 day min. has been the norm for this), before you can call and make a reservation--figure another 10 days total if everything goes well. Seeing as you already have plane tickets, can you make a back up cash reservation at POR? It may be difficult if not impossible to get a reservation the last week in June when all the schools have let out.

I would REALLY rather not spend more $ on cash res's.I have spent enough $ on the DVC purchase,I might as well get as much out of it as possible and if need be,and use points for POR(or another resort).

All he has to do is sign the final papers and I can get in Disney's system.
My problem is that I have 5 flights booked allready.I am planning on taking a res,wherever I can get in(BCV is home,but this being our first trip as DVC owners,we will take what we can get on short notice) for June 20-28th.We will need a 1 bdrm for the stay.Does anyone have advice on what I could do if the worst case senario happens,and I cannot get a stay anywhere,at any DVC resort?Can I use my points to stay at,say Port Orleans?
I really need to hear what my options may be,no matter how bad they are.

/grumble

Thanks

Yes, points may be used a POR- but it will also depend on when you get into the system and what Use Year you have. Within the final 60 days of your Use Year you cannot call to make a reservation at non-DVC resorts for that time period since DVC must have opportunity to rent DVC accommodations using those points before they expire.

As long as you are in the system before June 1 and/or have a Use Year later than August - you would be able to make a June reservation based on availability - but if you have an August Use Year you will be within the final 60 days after May 31 and thus cannot reserve at non-DVC resorts during that time for June/July reservations.

Members may call to make reservations at DVC resorts at any time based on usual reservation priorities.

just an FYI - I just booked a studio for 6/21-6/24, all they had available was SSR or OKW, no one bedrooms anywhere, I'm waitlisted for VWL and BeachClub.

I know things change by the minute, so will send some Pixie Dust!!

Good to know,thank you.

Yes, points may be used a POR- but it will also depend on when you get into the system and what Use Year you have. Within the final 60 days of your Use Year you cannot call to make a reservation at non-DVC resorts for that time period since DVC must have opportunity to rent DVC accommodations using those points before they expire.

As long as you are in the system before June 1 and/or have a Use Year later than August - you would be able to make a June reservation based on availability - but if you have an August Use Year you will be within the final 60 days after May 31 and thus cannot reserve at non-DVC resorts during that time for June/July reservations.

Members may call to make reservations at DVC resorts at any time based on usual reservation priorities.

I went thru the same thing in March. many told me to be patient since the whole world does not share my anal organization skills that require me to run these things to the mailbox.

Anyway, it all worked out and we closed on time.:hippie:

YES! Call and make a cash ressie now. You can cancel and get your money back within a certain period of time but you want to be sure you have something. I hope things work out for you.

If you have an annual pass or are planning on buying one, I think that you can try to book through them for your cash ressie and there may be a discount. Not sure if the latest code goes that far out, though.

If you possess the pass or voucher, go to disneyworld.com/passholder and enter your info, and you can check availability and pricing. There is a special passholder number to call, as well.

Room-only AP reservations require a one-night deposit that will be refunded if you cancel before 5 days before check-in, if you make the reservation by phone. Internet ressies have a much less liberal cancelation policy (and sometimes don't show all availability) so I recommend calling.

I think all of the above applies to CRO reservations as well, but I only use the AP site so I am not entirely sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter