GAD voucher and dining plan?

Wow that's a great question and one I haven't heard before.

My guess (from past stuff) is that no in fact, you will need to purchase a base ticket for each person on the reservation for dining.. unless someone in the party has an annual pass or you upgrade that GAD ticket to an Annual Pass upon arrival.

If anyone has experienced different - PLEASE - chime in.

K

just wondering this last night as well, we are only going to the parks one day on our GAD tix and would love to add quick service

Conditions under which a Guest/party can add any of the dining plans to their reservation:

Purchase a Magic Your Way package including room and tickets.
Stay in a DVC unit using points (no ticket purchase required).
Book an AP ticketless package.
Something in connection with the discounted military tickets - sorry I don't know more about this.

So, no - Canadian Guy is correct. Using solely the GAD vouchers/tickets does not allow the Guest to add a dining plan.

So there is no way for me to get the full value of the GAD voucher then? It really doesn't give the full value if I take a 6 day pass vs. a 7 day pass. I would prefer the cost of the daily ticket off my package over fastpasses. But that is just me!

Couldn't you though, get a one day ticket so you can get the dining, and then use your GAD Voucher, and upgrade your ticket from there to how many days you need, then save your one day ticket from your package until a further date?? since it wasn't activated (the ticket from your package) it would not have expired and would still be usable?
(I hope that made sense, I'm tired LOL)

Couldn't you though, get a one day ticket so you can get the dining, and then use your GAD Voucher, and upgrade your ticket from there to how many days you need, then save your one day ticket from your package until a further date?? since it wasn't activated (the ticket from your package) it would not have expired and would still be usable?

THIS would see you recognize the full value of your GAD.

You would be out of pocket now for the 1 day ticket which you could use/upgrade on a later trip but you would recoup that down that road.

Good tip! ::yes::

I wonder if when I go to upgrade the ticket if they would give me the credit for the voucher then??

I wonder if when I go to upgrade the ticket if they would give me the credit for the voucher then??

I was just reading about upgrading tickets (thinking about making my 6 day an AP in March). It says so long as you USE the ticket first, then you can go in an upgrade by adding days/hopper options.

Read this thread by Cheshire Figment. If you have more questions, go back and read his full sticky "Everything About WDW Tickets".

I read that whole forum, it still doesn't give any insight into what to do about needing at least a 1 day ticket for the dining plan.....this is interesting. Someone must have had the same problem????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter