• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GAD FP for groups over 6 - report back thread

wwlees

Earning My Ears
There seems to be several of us who have GADs and are travelling with a party larger than 6 people.

I thought it would be a good idea to start thread where people who have attempted to redeem their GAD for FPs for more than 6 can report back and let us know how it went.

We will have a party of 7 at MK on April 17. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Look forward to hearing how this went for other people, as well.

Thanks!!

We will also have 7 in August. I am interested in seeing how you make out! Thanks!

We got 10 exchange cards for each voucher we used on our trip earlier this month. :thumbsup2

Bump.

It is just hit or miss, or are most people having success? Particularly interested in MK.

Thank you!

We were there the last 2 weeks of march. We were able to get 12 fast pass cards twice and 10 fast pass cards the other 8 days!

We had 3 vouchers and used 2 for FPs. We had a group of 9 and received 9 FP cards each day. :cool1: We used the 3rd for the figurine.

I think it might depend on who you get when you walk up to the window. We went over Spring Break and used 1 at MK, I handed the cast member all 9 park tickets from my party and after he counted them he told me I could only have 6. I didn't push it. Went to HS the next day, lucked out and picked a window with a really friendly guy who instantly called his supervisor to get the override approval to get us 9 GAD fastpasses. (He then proceeded to remind us to not only use our GAD fastpasses for TSM, but to get our regular FP's as well...plus stand in line if the wait was short. LOL) Went to Epcot and had no trouble with getting 9 fastpasses either. So, if we had gotten 9 earlier in our trip, and then ran into a cast member who tried to balk at us perhaps I would have pressed harder to get more. Also, some of our group stayed at MK after dinner and ran into trouble trying to use the GAD passes on Space Mountain...not sure what the deal was with that. Didn't redeem one for AK and managed just fine without it. We used our last one for the figurine.

Overall, a really great experience. I would suggest anyone with a larger group ask for more (nicely) if you get told you can only have 6...doesn't hurt to try!

Thanks for posting your update! I honestly wouldn't have even thought to ask if I hadn't seen this thread. I'm so glad to know that it's a possibility.:thumbsup2

Our first day at MK, the CM didn't want to give me more than 6. She made a phone call, asked me for everyone's ticket, and then made sure that I knew that she did me 'a FAVOR' by giving me 10 and that I won't receive that many from anyone else. We received a ticket for everyone in our party at Epcot and DHS also. Didn't use it at AK because we were there for 8a-11p that day.

What a great gimmick the FP was! We rode TSM so many times that our arms felt like dough from playing the game! :) We redeemed vouchers at DHS on two different days! The day before we left was blacked out (4/2) but we were able to redeem it for a FP anyway.

The day before we left was blacked out (4/2) but we were able to redeem it for a FP anyway.

That's interesting to know- I thought I read somewhere that it wouldn't be possible to do any sort of GAD redemption on blackout days.

Good news :banana: just back and wanted to report that we were able to get 9 FP cards for each of our 8 vouchers we redeemed. Most CMs did it without even mentioning that I'm supposed to only get 6. At MK the lead giving the approval was rude about it, mostly to the CM helping me, which made me feel uncomfortable. Wish she hadn't done that.

Having the FP's were a lifesaver for us. With the six-hour time difference, it was next to impossible for me to get everyone there by rope drop, so we were able to ride everything multiple times and still arrive about an hour after opening!! I would have been freaking out at all the sleepy heads in my group if we didn't have those!!

Oh, and one night at DHS I was getting FP for Toy Story and a lady came up to me and asked me how I was getting them. The line was 90 minutes and had been out of FPs since 11 a.m. We had some extra Donalds left, so I got her 4 FP's. She and her family were thrilled! It was fun spreading the magic:wizard: and we had a great time talking with them in line!

Our first day was at MK with a party of 8. We presented 1 voucher and I told the CM that we were a grand gathering. She told me we were only allowed 6. I asked for a manager who continued to argue with me, but I refused to back down. After a full lecture about how he was going to do me a "favor" and this would not happen at any other time, he gave us 8 FP. I was reprimanded by a Disney CM manager!!!!
We did the same thing at the 3 other parks without any incident at all. I think MK gives the hardest time, because its so busy and uses the most FP's.

Thanks for the updates!! We are a party of 10 (but only 9 ticket holders) and will be using the GAD FP in July.

Quick Question (sorry, if this is ignorance on my part) -- do you just have to show 9 multi-day/AP tickets or do all 9 people have to physically be there?

We are 3 families and I know we all won't make it to the parks at the same time. Was thinking the GAD voucher person could take all the tix and exchange for FPs, allowing a little more time for the rest of the party to catch up.

TIA

I think that would work just fine. No CM ever asked to see everyone's smiling face. They only wanted to see the person whose name is on the voucher and the stack of tickets.

Have a great trip. These FPs were a lifesaver for our large group (especially if you have sleepy heads and lollygaggers in the group :) )

I think that would work just fine. No CM ever asked to see everyone's smiling face. They only wanted to see the person whose name is on the voucher and the stack of tickets.

Have a great trip. These FPs were a lifesaver for our large group (especially if you have sleepy heads and lollygaggers in the group :) )

Thanks for your quick reply!! I suppose the early folks could always go into the park and then come out again to Guest Services to meet up with the group, too. Just trying to figure out our options.

Just returned back from Disney this past Sat, my how time passed so quickly!

Anyhow, we were able to obtain 8 special FPs with no problems at Epcot on 5/31, AK on 6/1 and DHS on 6/3. We did get them at MK also on 6/2 but the person at will call gave me a hard time, his name was Josh. He said I could only get 6 and I said is there an exception that can be made. He looked at me and said it sounds like you already have been given one and you are not supposed to get more than one. He then reluctantly went to get the manager and handed me the 8 FPs. He did not even give me my VoluntEAR Button and did not write the park name and date on the FPs as everyone else. He was not friendly at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter