GAD Button

princesswendy720

DIS Veteran
For those of you who got a button for volunteering, did they give them to you when you exchanged your voucher? Or did you have to go somewhere else to get them? I'm so excited to get a button, none of the other ones ever applied to us!

We were given our buttons at the same time we turned in our vouchers. Quite a few cast members asked us about our service and the MC of a parade gave us a shout out. It was fun!

A comment was published in the Passporter newsletter from someone stating that the round GAD buttons (the ones with pictures of Kermit and Miss Piggy) had to be picked up at City Hall and were not available at Will Call in the Magic Kingdom where the GAD voucher was redeemed. Anyone have this experience?

I just turned in my voucher. I was not offered a button. The CM acted "put out" about redeeming the voucher, didn't ask about my service or anything. I guess it all depends on which CM helps you.

A comment was published in the Passporter newsletter from someone stating that the round GAD buttons (the ones with pictures of Kermit and Miss Piggy) had to be picked up at City Hall and were not available at Will Call in the Magic Kingdom where the GAD voucher was redeemed. Anyone have this experience?

This may be a silly question, but where do you get your buttons if you are going to be in Epcot? Also, can you turn in your voucher when entering through the International Gateway (we will be staying at BWI)? :confused3

This may be a silly question, but where do you get your buttons if you are going to be in Epcot? Also, can you turn in your voucher when entering through the International Gateway (we will be staying at BWI)? :confused3

Yes, several DISers have reported redeeming their vouchers at the IG and have gotten buttons there.

we did the volunteer day but since it's only a few dollars difference in the 6 to 7 day hopper tickets, we're going to probably donate the tickets back ... can we still get a button?

We just returned from WDW where we used our vouchers to get the FP cards each day. Since we only redeemed one voucher each day, we only received one button per day. So, by the end of the week we each had a button.

We redeemed our vouchers at Will Call at the TTC for MK and at the Will Calls at the main entrances for the other parks. Every single CM we dealt with was courteous and thanked us for volunteering. I made sure I had my chidren's passports as ID to make the exchange easier.

Hope this helps!

we did the volunteer day but since it's only a few dollars difference in the 6 to 7 day hopper tickets, we're going to probably donate the tickets back ... can we still get a button?

I don't want to discourage you from donating--that's a great thing to do, but are you aware that Disney gives you the value of the one day ticket ($80) to apply to your upgrade? So the amount you get is not the diff between 6 and 7 days, but the full $80.

I don't want to discourage you from donating--that's a great thing to do, but are you aware that Disney gives you the value of the one day ticket ($80) to apply to your upgrade? So the amount you get is not the diff between 6 and 7 days, but the full $80.

Thanks for letting me know - when I spoke to a CM/Operator when I called to book our vacation, they had said that to use the voucher as a free pass was only worth it if one would be going for a day trip or a short trip because the longer you stayed (therefore buying more tickets) the price is cheaper ... etc. So from that we are considering donating the tickets back - however NOW my question is ... since I already booked for a 7 day park hopper ticket for 2 adults - if I were to change to a 6day park hopper & use the voucher PLUS add a hopper option to it - is this worth the difference AND would they charge me a penalty to change my accommodations?

I'm kinda confused about redeeming the voucher - from the very beginning - any further advice would be much appreciated! thanks!

erin

Thanks for letting me know - when I spoke to a CM/Operator when I called to book our vacation, they had said that to use the voucher as a free pass was only worth it if one would be going for a day trip or a short trip because the longer you stayed (therefore buying more tickets) the price is cheaper ... etc. So from that we are considering donating the tickets back - however NOW my question is ... since I already booked for a 7 day park hopper ticket for 2 adults - if I were to change to a 6day park hopper & use the voucher PLUS add a hopper option to it - is this worth the difference AND would they charge me a penalty to change my accommodations?

I'm kinda confused about redeeming the voucher - from the very beginning - any further advice would be much appreciated! thanks!

erin
You can apply the value of the free day voucher to the cost of a multi-day pass. So you will be able to subtract $80 off the price of a 7 day park hopper. You can redeem the voucher for a one day ticket at any of the 4 parks. You will need to show ID. Then you can upgrade the one day to your 7 day park hoppers and save $80 per ticket.

You can apply the value of the free day voucher to the cost of a multi-day pass. So you will be able to subtract $80 off the price of a 7 day park hopper. You can redeem the voucher for a one day ticket at any of the 4 parks. You will need to show ID. Then you can upgrade the one day to your 7 day park hoppers and save $80 per ticket.

However, I DON'T think you can do this if you want a dining plan because the dining package has to be booked before you arrive, with at least a 1-day pass - is that correct? Or am I confused?

BTW, totally excited about the button; I hope they still have them when we get there in August! :goodvibes

However, I DON'T think you can do this if you want a dining plan because the dining package has to be booked before you arrive, with at least a 1-day pass - is that correct? Or am I confused?

BTW, totally excited about the button; I hope they still have them when we get there in August! :goodvibes

You are correct...in this situation you have two options:

- Get a multi-day pass as part of the package, and use the GAD voucher for one of the other options;

- Don't use the package ticket - save it for a future trip, and use the GAD ticket instead. This depends on you making a non-package trip in the future, and you technically do not realize the savings until then.

We got the buttons over time, too. We had vouchers for all 4 parks so by the end, four of us had buttons. We only wore the button the day we used our voucher until Day 3 when a CM told us that we should ALL be wearing our buttons because CM's look for them. We all wore them on day 4 at Epcot and we got:

1) Free large locker rental from a CM who was at the International Gateway lockers. She also thanked us over and over for being a volunteer family.

2) Free 5 x 7 picture at Fast Track. The CM there told us they are allowed to pick one family per day to give a free picture to. She picked us!

3) When we went to get our FP's for Mission Space, the CM there gave us FPs for Test Track, too! It was wonderful since the Test Track lines were really really long.

So, when you get your buttons, WEAR them. We had many CMs stop us to thank us for doing the volunteer work.

I'm not a button-wearer, so I didn't wear it - but I saw a lot of people who did. A LOT of people wearing them.

I got the button at the AK "Will Call" window along with a ticket...I had to take the ticket inside to where you rent strollers and they gave me my pin thingy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter