GAC with larger group

Beccabunny

Mouseketeer
DD12 has had a GAC for each of our WDW vacations. In the past we have always traveled as a family of three. This is the first year we will be traveling with extended family. I had read there is no longer a limit of just five people accompanying the guest with a GAC. Is this done on a case-by-case basis? I know DD wants to enjoy attractions with her cousins, her aunts want to enjoy them with her, etc. I'd like to know what the policy is so that I can let my family know if we have to split up. That way everyone is prepared and there is no disappointment when we get there.

DD12 has had a GAC for each of our WDW vacations. In the past we have always traveled as a family of three. This is the first year we will be traveling with extended family. I had read there is no longer a limit of just five people accompanying the guest with a GAC. Is this done on a case-by-case basis? I know DD wants to enjoy attractions with her cousins, her aunts want to enjoy them with her, etc. I'd like to know what the policy is so that I can let my family know if we have to split up. That way everyone is prepared and there is no disappointment when we get there.

I would be prepared to split up. Some attractions may allow you to stay together, but I would not expect it across the board. The card is still intended for the person who needs it and 5 others.

I would be prepared to split up. Some attractions may allow you to stay together, but I would not expect it across the board. The card is still intended for the person who needs it and 5 others.
Yes, I agree.
If your party total is 7, you may have luck with them 'stretching' the number. If 10, not so much.

For attractions where you would be using Mainstream Lines, there is no limit to the number of people since you are in the regular line anyway.

If you want to stay together, I would suggest using Fastpasses and a touring plan would be your best bet to reliably stay together. You don't have to follow a touring plan religiously/exactly, but you want to be in the least busy places in the least busy park.
Even during Easter, it is possible to walk right on many attractions if you know when to be there - not the highest demand ones, like Toy Story Mania, but many others. If you are at Fantasyland in the first 2 hours that the park is open, you can walk right on many attractions with a 5-10 minute wait.

Smart phone apps can help you too. If you have Verizon, they have an official Disney app called Mobile Magic, which is actually tied in with the park system so gives the actual posted wait times. (not available yet for iPhone).
There are some others from places undercover tourist that also have pretty accurate wait times.

Many people find doing those things are more helpful to them than using a GAC because it is more predictable and helps you to keep larger groups together without having to worry about whether it will be allowed as an exception or not.

Another suggestion is on one ride they ride with these 2 people on the next ride they pick 2 diffrent people. that way everyone gets a fair share and it was easier on us when we did that.sometimes we used the GAC but on rides with a short wait time we just got in the reg line. We have gone with all 7 of us ( 5 kids 2 adults ) and split up with one taking DS 18 in the GAC line. The others went in the reg line, or we just stayed together in the reg line if he could wait.It is interesting to note using the GAC dosent mean you will always have a shorter wait time.We have used it when we had to keep him out of the sun ( seizures) but he is also Autistic.

Thanks for the suggestions! Any one touring plan better than the others? I checked Ridemax but they don't have touring plans for Sundays. Ideally I would like to do this without using the GAC at all. There are some things about the GAC I'd rather not have to explain to all that will be with us.:rolleyes1

One year my family of 5 went with my sister and niece. They did not make an exception to the 6 person rule at any time. It was no big deal to us because with three adults, one just sat out so a child didn't miss out. So I would not expect them to go over the one plus 5 limit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter