GAC card/ seperate line?

sanp71

Earning My Ears
Is there an acutual GAC "card" you carry around? Is there a seperate line for rides? I heard its not like you get infront , that is just for make a Wish children. So, Theres a regular line. fast past line AND a GAC line?

Any info would be very much appriciated as I thinbk Im going to need this...

If you look in post #6 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread, you should find answers to all of your questions about. Guest Assistance Cards (GACs). You can find that thread near the top of this board or there is a link in my signature to get there.
The GAC is a card that you show to the Cast Members at the attractions. The GAC is made out for the needs of the person. Exactly what happens depends on what the needs of the person were and also what is available at that attraction.

Each ride may have fastpass, single rider, and stand by lines but not necessarily all of those. Disabled guests get a piece of cardstock to show CMs that quickly and silently lets the CM know that the guest has a limitation. Disneyland has fewer options than WDW. WDW has autism, sun, cannot wait as in a neurovariant child, no stairs, vision, and hearing.

Guests in a wheelchair or other mobility aid are not supposed to need the GAC. At DLR all I have to do is point to my ECV and they let me waddle onto rides but at DLR the lines are where they can see the ECV.

I have done a DLR list and Sue has a mega list of rides and how disabled guests can enter those rides. Some like Toy Story Mania are mainstreamed thus the disabled guest has to wait in line like everyone else. Some require using a special entrance and others through the exist. Read this board's FAQs to find out more.

Also what the GAC says the limitation is may affect where a guest is sent for a ride or show. Vision related GAC might be sent near the front, hearing might sit near speakers or in front of an ASL translator, and a wheelchair may sit in the back of a theater.

There is no front of the line pass and people are discouraged from implying that the GAC is an easy way to enter the rides. Yes, I have used a GAC to get to the head of the line and ride before other guests. I do however feel dirty and like I am cheating. I am sitting on my fat rump while they stand in the hot sun. I want to be normal and not get special treatment because I am in an ECV.

Make a Wish GACs are front of the line only if the child is medically fragile.

Here's my personal experience with the GAC at WDW. Our GAC was helpful for us. We need it because our 11 year old has Asperger Syndrome with both sensory seeking and sensory avoiding issues so waiting in line surrounded by a lot of people for any real persiod of time is nearly impossible and will almost always guarantee a meltdown.

We ask how long the line we are directed to seems to be taking at the moment and decide for ourselves if our daughter can handle that wait. If she can then we ride. If she can't then we skip it. We generally go back to the hotel in the middle of the day because there's no way she can handle the waits in lines during the busy part of the day. Heck, she can't handle too long in the middle of the crowds walking around when it's too busy. We're among the minority of people who actually do care about our hotel being much more than just a room with beds because we do spend a good chunk of time there every day.

I know everybody says it's not a front of the line pass, but in our case it did always help. Of course maybe part of the reason our waits were shorter was also because we are very careful about our timing in the parks and we skip the ride if there's a long wait. Many times when we approach rides we don't even need anything as the lines are short.

We're going again over Christmas and this will be the first time we'll have gone during a very busy time of year. We'll see how well this works out. I'll probably do even more preparation of a touring plan in order to avoid as much of the crowds as possible.

Yes, it is an actual card.

But what it says and what it does will depend on many factors. So it's kinda hard to say "you'll get this" or "you'll get that".

There isn't a GAC line. Attractions have 3 entrances at the most- regular line, FastPass line, and a wheelchair entrance. Some have all 3, some only have one, some they're combined up, some they're seperate. With our GAC, depending on the attraction, we were sent to any one of those three options. It is very much a "it depends" kinda of question.

When you get to the park, go to guest services and explain your situation to them. They're nice people. They'll do their best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter