Gabby Petito

Not surprised that TMZ is the source. Love 'em, hate 'em but they usually are one of the first with the scoop
Yeah, it's kind of interesting how the "news" organizations many make fun of are usually the ones who get the story first. And quite often get it right.

So much of the "regular" media these days is just following prominent people on Twitter and regurgitating their tweets.

The FBI is going to be SO embarrassed if "Dog" actually finds him!
Yeah, I don’t know how to feel about this if Dog the Bounty Hunter catches him. Aside from good for Dog, his involvement paid off. I mean about the police/FBI, though. That alleged $200k per day manhunt of the Carlton Reserve seemed ridiculous from an outsiders point of view because it seemed like an obvious misdirection by Brian’s parents, not to mention a stupid place for a fugitive to try to live off the grid. I kept thinking the authorities must have some decent intel to lead them to a murder weapon in the reserve or something of that nature, because it would be unthinkable that they would focus solely on that area to that extent based off of his parents’ word alone. We’ve had the camping trip info from the neighbors for weeks and surely, surely the FBI looked into that already, right? Right?! Heck, pages ago I was asking “What if his parents smuggled him out of the area during that camping trip and he was never at the reserve?” and I am, presumably, not smarter than the entire NPPD and FBI organizations combined. But then a reality tv star shows up, looks in the obvious place and (potentially) finds the guy within days. I will lose all faith in “the system” if this is how it plays out.

Good grief, did the authorities get to the point where they were like, “I don’t know, he’s not where his parents said he would be and we’ve got no other ideas, what should we do now? Uh… maybe we could call Dog the Bounty Hunter for help?”

Has anyone notified the FBI to tell them they should check that camper in the Laundries’ driveway? Brian could be sitting in there eating peanut butter crackers his parents slip under the door every time they go out to mow the lawn. :rolleyes:

It might not be the norm, but I've known a few couples like this. They all went on to have really nasty divorces. It does happen that both parties abuse each other equally.

If it is a matter of physical abuse, he has the power there and the stats show that. Also the financial power. But yes I am sure that there are absolutely relationships that both are abusers in one way or another. But women are abused horribly all over this planet by men and it is not equal when it comes to men and women in this abuse. Women are injured more severely, women experience more fear, women are more apt to get physical from defending themselves. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2968709/

Last edited:
Yeah, I don’t know how to feel about this if Dog the Bounty Hunter catches him. Aside from good for Dog, his involvement paid off. I mean about the police/FBI, though. That alleged $200k per day manhunt of the Carlton Reserve seemed ridiculous from an outsiders point of view because it seemed like an obvious misdirection by Brian’s parents, not to mention a stupid place for a fugitive to try to live off the grid. I kept thinking the authorities must have some decent intel to lead them to a murder weapon in the reserve or something of that nature, because it would be unthinkable that they would focus solely on that area to that extent based off of his parents’ word alone. We’ve had the camping trip info from the neighbors for weeks and surely, surely the FBI looked into that already, right? Right?! Heck, pages ago I was asking “What if his parents smuggled him out of the area during that camping trip and he was never at the reserve?” and I am, presumably, not smarter than the entire NPPD and FBI organizations combined. But then a reality tv star shows up, looks in the obvious place and (potentially) finds the guy within days. I will lose all faith in “the system” if this is how it plays out.
I don't know what that search cost, or what information they had that led them to search there.

But if they had NOT searched that area, I'm sure the woulda, shoulda's would have criticized them later, lol.

In the video the PO asked Gabby if he hit her and she said "I guess", and the PO repeated- he hit you and asked her to show him where. She proceeded to grab her face and say like this.
So what she showed the PO wasn't actually a hit, it was a grab.
I understand that in hindsight because she is dead but that video is not concrete proof that she is the victim in an ongoing abusive relationship. That video is a snippet in their life, it doesn't tell the whole story and there were 2 witnesses and one did not mention seeing him hit her, but he did see them get in the car together. 2 different people saw 2 different things, and she herself doesn't say definitely yes he hit me, who knows what the truth is, could be something in the middle.

Gabby had all the opportunity in the world during the interview to tell the police what happened. There is no reason to believe what she said isn't the truth because she had no good reason to lie for his benefit. People lie to benefit themselves but only a fool would lie to put themselves at a bigger disadvantage.

Last edited:
Suppposedly Laundrie has a burner phone that was purchased the day he went missing. According to Laundrie's Family Attorney, they believe it's the cellphone that was left at home. Yeah, not buying it. And what the heck, your future daughter in-law was missing and you all thought it was a good idea to go let's family vacay by camping. ****?!?!?! I wasn't blaming Laundrie's parents before about not knowing his whereabouts or keeping tabs on him, yet I seriously question their judgement, moral compass, and involvement of let's family vacay. If Laundrie's parents aren't criminally held liable, I hope Petito's family sues them for everything they got like Fred Goldman did with OJ for the wrongful death of Ron Goldman.

Gabby had all the opportunity in the world during the interview to tell the police what happened. There is no reason to believe what she said isn't the truth because she had no good reason to lie for his benefit. People lie to benefit themselves but only a fool would like to put themselves at a bigger disadvantage.

People lie all the time to cover for their abusers, they may be afraid for a variety of reasons and will in turn lie.

Gabby had all the opportunity in the world during the interview to tell the police what happened. There is no reason to believe what she said isn't the truth because she had no good reason to lie for his benefit. People lie to benefit themselves but only a fool would like to put themselves at a bigger disadvantage.
I lied to the police to cover for my abusers once. I was in 8th grade, sitting in the hospital, and being interviewed by the police about how I got my injuries. I knew if I told them the truth about what went on in my home that CPS would get involved. What I couldn’t be sure of was whether I would 100% be removed from the home immediately and permanently, or if there was a chance I would end up back in that house with my parents. If the latter happened, I knew my life and the future abuse would be so much worse for having involved the authorities and I was too scared to take that chance, so I lied and covered for my parents. It really doesn’t take that much imagination to figure out why a victim may not want to enrage their abuser even more.

I lied to the police to cover for my abusers once. I was in 8th grade, sitting in the hospital, and being interviewed by the police about how I got my injuries. I knew if I told them the truth about what went on in my home that CPS would get involved. What I couldn’t be sure of was whether I would 100% be removed from the home immediately and permanently, or if there was a chance I would end up back in that house with my parents. If the latter happened, I knew my life and the future abuse would be so much worse for having involved the authorities and I was too scared to take that chance, so I lied and covered for my parents. It really doesn’t take that much imagination to figure out why a victim may not want to enrage their abuser even more.

I was going to put a like but I didn't know how to appropriately respond except to first say how sorry I am that you experienced that, and also that I totally agree with you.

I didn’t see that anywhere. But, to me, that's not "high school sweethearts." I always understood that term to mean couples who got together in high school and had a long term relationship during those years that continued afterwards. Maybe I've misunderstood it the whole time.

From what I read they dated for over a year, maybe 2 so I'm not sure exactly how long.
Personally I think that falls under HS sweethearts, they dated in HS then after HS got back together.

We simply don't know if that's correct. That's why people are debating and speculating for the last 59 pages.

In the police video she can be heard telling the PO that she slapped him first, the PO asked where she answered (but couldn't be heard over the other PO on the screen) and he then questioned "you slapped his face?" He then asked how many times did you slap him. You can't make out what she said after that again due to the other PO speaking.
She also admits to hitting him when he was driving, she even shows the punching motion she used.
You can debate that all you want but that is coming from Gabby herself.

That is terrible and I'm sorry it happened to you.

Kids and parents are different because you are not an adult free make your own decisions and require a guardian of some sort. A kid can't unilaterally decide they are moving out but an adult can. She is 22, that is old enough to be finishing your first active tour oversees at war, not an 8th grader.

She had the opportunity to tell the police what really happened there so I have no reason to believe what both of them said isn't the truth. That doesn't mean it was but the end of the encounter produced a police report, after interviewing the witness, and it came to the conclusion she was the abuser and he the abused. If the police got it wrong it is because one of the two parties didn't speak up when they could have.

Suppposedly Laundrie has a burner phone that was purchased the day he went missing. According to Laundrie's Family Attorney, they believe it's the cellphone that was left at home. Yeah, not buying it. And what the heck, your future daughter in-law was missing and you all thought it was a good idea to go let's family vacay by camping. ****?!?!?! I wasn't blaming Laundrie's parents before about not knowing his whereabouts or keeping tabs on him, yet I seriously question their judgement, moral compass, and involvement of let's family vacay. If Laundrie's parents aren't criminally held liable, I hope Petito's family sues them for everything they got like Fred Goldman did with OJ for the wrongful death of Ron Goldman.
Thanks for the info. I found a source for this if others are interested. “….seen in the company of an older woman at an AT&T store in North Port…” Do we think Brian jumped right into another relationship with a cougar or can we finally say his parents are definitely involved in this?

https://news.yahoo.com/brian-laundrie-bought-burner-phone-183611759.html

Kids and parents are different because you are not an adult free make your own decisions and require a guardian of some sort. A kid can't unilaterally decide they are moving out but an adult can. She is 22, that is old enough to be finishing your first active tour oversees at war, not an 8th grader.

She had the opportunity to tell the police what really happened there so I have no reason to believe what both of them said isn't the truth. That doesn't mean it was but the end of the encounter produced a police report, after interviewing the witness, and it came to the conclusion she was the abuser and he the abused. If the police got it wrong it is because one of the two parties didn't speak up when they could have.
22 absolutely is a legal adult. But there's still a wide range of maturity at that age. Most will tell you that the brain isn't even finished developing until age 25 or so. Some are mature enough to finish an active tour overseas. Some absolutely are not.

Even among my own 3, all from the same genetic pool, we've experienced a wide range of maturity and capability at that age. They're just all different.

You need to do some serious studying of how common it is for women in abusive relationships to stay or cover up for their abuser, or not even realize they are being abused thinking they are the problem and taking the blame. IT is very common for many reasons. In this case it could have been simply bc she loves the guy or depends on him and just wants the abuse to stop and think it would if she did things differently etc, could have been as simple as that and not realizing how far this guy could go.

Is it odd for him and his parents to go camping for 3 days when his fiance was missing? Yes. Is that how a normal fiance & fiance's parents would probably act knowing that the love of your son's life was missing and nowhere to be found? No.

Does that mean that Brian killed her and that his parents helped Brian try to cover it up? There's not enough evidence yet.

Right. But I thought the more interesting part of that article was the reports that three people entered the camping area and only two left. Bringing up the possibility that they brought him out there and made sure he was supplied to survive out there for a long period of time. It will be interesting to see if this new information is one, accurate, and two, leads to authorities finally finding Brian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter