Fyi

RedNeckChik13

<font color=navy>Without Disney life has no purpos
Y'all prolly already know this but just in case you don't starting July 1st kids prices will be for ages 3-9 and children 10 and up will be adults. This will be for buffets and all you can eats and regular kids menus as well.

This is such a bone of contention...do you happen to know what happens if you have a 12 yr old that eats of the kids menu? If he's going to be charged an adult price for a basket of chicken fingers, he'll be eating lots of bread and water... :rotfl2: It's not just the chicken fingers (plain food) but he can't eat the qty of an adult entree and add the appetizer in there and it will just be wasted food.

All I know is that when I went into work today we were told that starting July 1st 10 and older will be charged the adult price at buffet, dinner shows, and family style all you can eat. I am assuming that older kids can still order off the kids menu since I am 18 and I still do on occasion but it will be up to the waiter/waotress and at the locations with set prices 10 and older will be charged those adult prices like at Chef Mickey's b-fast 17.99.

Thanks. I have no problem at the buffets and all you an eats. It's when it's the run of the mill chicken strip baskets.

Well, at least they have put a firm date on this. With the change at GG and the CRT lunch, I was wondering what we would find on our upcoming trip. Looks like we'll just be taking the hit for DS11 on the breakfast skillet at WC. Thanks for the info!

They really need a "junior" option, for pricing, meals, the meal plan, etc. DD12 eats next to nothing.

In one way, it makes sense to have kid/adult cut off be the same for both park admission and meals, but in another way it doesn't. By 10 years old, most kids are tall enough to ride/enjoy all the rides. But by 10 years old, most kids are not eating like an adult, either in quantity or level or sophistication.

RRRRH so frustrating because we have an 11 year old that is not going to be eating what an adult would eat at the buffets. I have no problem paying adult prices on the entrance to the park for him because he is the big ride guy in our family but for the food- come on. Do french fries :sunny: cost the same as the Prime Rib?????

And they wonder why people in our country keep getting more and more overweight. :confused3 Don't get me wrong, I understand that they may need to charge more for this age group at a buffet. Love the idea of "junior" pricing! But if kids 10 and up start having to order off the adult menu when they won't eat nearly that much... that's just wrong IMO. To me, 13 seems like a much more approrpriate time to start limiting the kids meals. By then most of these kids are hitting their growth spurts and need the extra food. 10 is just way too young IMO.

I've got a 9 year old and an 11 year old. They've both asked to eat off the adult menu on occasion and have, but 90% of the time they are very satisfied with the amount of food in a kids meal (especially my daughter). I just can't see wasting food they won't eat, or having to pay double for a smaller portion of food. It seems so wasteful. :sad2:

This is SOOOO frustrating to me. My son will be 10 on our next trip and the child hardly eats anything. I have no problem with ticket prices, etc. But to have to pay $20 - $30 for him to eat a few chicken fingers and a scoop of mac & cheese...just isn't fair. Ugh!

We love dining at Disney...but with this new policy, I think we're going to have to scale back considerably on our ADR's :sad2:

I have to join in on this one, too. I agree Disney needs a junior option....We just got back , LOVE to eat at Boma and do on every vist. This time when we checked in for our PS we were told that our DS12 would be charged the same as adults, $24.99!!! We said fine, but I was thinking that $24.99 is a lot of money for mac n cheese and some fries.....When our server came to the table I told her our son would only be eating a small amount of mac n cheese and some fries, was there anyway that he could be charged the kids price, $10.99 (still a lot for this amount of food) She explained the rules and said she'd see what she could do. After many trips past out table looking at what our son had eatten, she brought our bill and said her manager OK'd the kids price. I was really pleased and I tipped her well, but it shouldn't be that hard. I think if a child eats like a bird then, at least thru 12 years old, they should be able to get a kids meal...I think they want everyone to start buying the "my way dining plan"... :confused3

I know that for my family it will mean, that we will not do buffets, and just do sit down where the kids can order from the kids menu if they want and get charged for that, I cannot see paying $25 for a buffet for my 10 year old, who really does not eat that much....

If not a junior option, where there could still be an age issue like there is on the current kids menu, why not simply have a "lite" menu at sit-down restaurants? It could have some options that are smaller and slightly less expensive versions of regular adult entrees, and also some slightly larger portions of kids food. That way adults and older children who prefer the kids menu could order from the lite menu, and kids who might not be able to finish a normal adult entree would not be given as large of portion. This pricing could be more than the kids menu for those items but would also have a bit more food in them) but the adult items could be cheaper than the regular portion because of the smaller amount of food. So Disney would not be quite as close to loosing money on the adults and older kids that want to eat off the kids menu, but it wouldn't be quite as expensive and wasting of food for the those who want smaller portions either. :wizard:

TNMomof3 said:
Sounds like a plan, dizanimator! You should work for Disney. :)
I wanted to work in the Florida animation studios, but it got shut down before I could. :sad::sad::sad::sad:
At least I DID get to eat dinner in there one time. Too bad they took us to Fantasmic for dessert before I had a chance to go exploring while "looking for the ladies room" :wizard: :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

this is being done to keep it in line with the Tickets folks. When the MYW program came out, the dining was supposed to match the ages on the menu.... However due to the computer system, 10+ was considered adult, so now everything is alinging with the ticketing program.

I can tell you we will not be eating at as many, if any buffets now with this change. My ds is smaller than his 9 year old sister and eats like a bird. No way I can justify $22.99 or whatever the buffet dinner prices are for him to eat.

UrsulasMyHero said:
this is being done to keep it in line with the Tickets folks. When the MYW program came out, the dining was supposed to match the ages on the menu.... However due to the computer system, 10+ was considered adult, so now everything is alinging with the ticketing program.

While I understand this, I still don't agree with it. At 10 years old my son can certainly enjoy most, if not all, of the rides at Disney. Therefore, I'm more than happy to pay the adult price for him. He cannot, however, eat as much as an adult or even the same things as an adult at the buffets.

I certainly wish they would institute a "junior" menu for those of us with kids in those in-between years.

someone suggested above that this is to kinda get people to go for the dining plan.... that isnt fair if thats what thier doing for people with ap's who arnt getting pachages there for are not eligible for the dining plan. Personally i would love to do the dining plan since my future husband wants to eat at a lot of big table restarants. but since were staying with his parents in thier anual pass room we are not getting a pachage he and i are just getting myw tickets

This combined with the other thread about people over the "kids age - 9" being charged double for the kids menu entree would effectively make anyone over the age of 9 pay adult price, no matter the food being served (chicken fingers, hotdogs, etc.). I wonder if this is in response to the dinning plan and how people are ordering child's menus items for their kids (some of them over 9) and then paying out of pocket for those and saving the extra TS credits for signature dinners. I also wonder if, in the end, enough parents will stop taking their children to Character buffets to even make a difference in attendance enough for Disney to notice, or if they will take them anyway and pay the higher prices so the kids will have the character meal expirience.

OUr last trip was the last time we took our boys to a buffet, until they start eating adult portions. They are 12 and 14, and do not eat an adult sized meal yet. I refuse to pay that much for them to eat a hotdog off the buffet. We will go to the places you order off a menu, and pick places that offer food they like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter