• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FYI re: the Ohana dinner

ladeeesquire

Mouseketeer
We just had dinner there friday night. We'd been once before in september and enjoyed it very much. Just like last time we found the food and service to be quite good. I know there have been some changes to the menu but everything was very tasty and personally I was happy with the addition of some more veggies. Our only disappointment was that they did not do the cocunut races as they had before. My dd is 5 and was really looking forward to doing that again. I asked and it was explained that they coconut races are done later in the evening about 7:30. Our adr was for 5:15 and they did some hawaiian songs and a love dance instead.

It wasn't a huge issue but I wish I would have known so I could have prepared my dd that it wouldn't be done this time alternatively I guess we could have made a later adr. As it was I'd been talking up how fun it was going to be which turned out to be a mistake.

Thanks for posting.. always good to get a recent report and good to know about the kids activity only offered late (backward if you ask me.)

<a href=http://download.cnet.com/Free-Youtube-Downloader-Pro/3000-2071_4-75329731.html >youtube downloader</a>

To each his own, but your message gives me hope that the coconut races have been retired. What a mess, particularly while sitting on that middle aisle. Nothing like having an obese woman's butt pressed into your face while she's taking pictures.. ugh

To each his own, but your message gives me hope that the coconut races have been retired. What a mess, particularly while sitting on that middle aisle. Nothing like having an obese woman's butt pressed into your face while she's taking pictures.. ugh

I can certainly understand your feelings. When we went the first time our table was one of the center ones so we did not have this problem. There was one family --who didn't even have children with them I believe--who actually had the servers move their table back because the kids were leaning on it while participating. I felt kind of sorry for them and made a mental note to ask for a different table if they ever tried to seat us there.

I can certainly understand your feelings. When we went the first time our table was one of the center ones so we did not have this problem. There was one family --who didn't even have children with them I believe--who actually had the servers move their table back because the kids were leaning on it while participating. I felt kind of sorry for them and made a mental note to ask for a different table if they ever tried to seat us there.

When we first went to 'Ohana there were three coconut races per night, two hula hoop contents and (of course) five performances of the emcee, ukulele singer.

The food consisted of turkey over chicken, pork tenderloin over pork chops, shrimp potstickers, CM's who didn't have to wait AND buss tables and really played up the 'cousin' bit.

It's OK that you're still enjoying the place but at least try to understand where the criticism of late comes from.

'Ohana was one of all time favorites but I'm not going back because I know what theey're capable of and I know what they currently think of their "guests".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter