FYI RE: "Double Dipping"

So do I want to attach my UT tickets to our KTW cards or is it better not to? I assume to double dip I want to enter using the UT tickets. Then I can use those and KTW to double dip. Sound right?
Are you referring to the old days when you got the concierge to put your UT tix onto your KTTW? If so, I am not sure that is what you need to do - not sure doing that is necessarily wrong, but I did it differently.

I am here this week and I:
-Linked my UT tix to MB weeks ago
-Selected FP+ in advance (If you wait until you arrive to put UT onto KTTW, you will not be able to make FP+ selections until check-in
-I entered the park with MB and redeemed FP+
-Also used KTTW card to double-dip
-Also used UT tix for additional FP-
-And as crazy as it sounds, changed over to AKV today and could even use my 2nd half stay KTTWs for FP+s

Good luck!

Are you referring to the old days when you got the concierge to put your UT tix onto your KTTW? If so, I am not sure that is what you need to do - not sure doing that necessarily wrong, but I did it differently. I am here this week and I: -Linked my UT tix to MB weeks ago -Selected FP+ in advance (If you wait until you arrive to put UT onto KTTW, you will not be able to make FP+ selections until check-in -I entered the park with MB and redeemed FP+ -Also used KTTW card to double-dip -Also used UT tix for additional FP- -And as crazy as it sounds, changed over to AKV today and could even use my 2nd half stay KTTWs for FP+s Good luck!

That's my plan next week

UT Tickets on MB Will not be on KTTW card
Have FP + will use UT card and KTTW card for FP - if needed...

. Yes no problems with using FP+.

Thanks. So it seems like the best thing to do is use the regular paper/KTTW tickets to enter the parks. Hopefully this strategy will work with AP as well. I don't even want to get an absurd amount of FP. I just want to get some FP in the morning at DHS for TSMM, ST, ToT, etc. and then keep our FP+ for when we hop over to MK later in the afternoon.

I really hope that they adjust the system down the road to allow park hopping with FP+.

That's my plan next week

Yes! You will love it. We are rope-drop people and knowing that we had reserved FP+s made our trip so nice.

One thing I will say is that we had several issues of an unknown nature. I am not being a Debbie Downer because I am a MB convert!! Don't know if it was our last minute modified split stay or the UT tix - but my FPs went missing right before my trip; my DD did so the first couple of days; then my DH did the last two days. GOOD THING is that since all three of us arrived at the FP return line together, the CMs, with little hesitation, always let us thru. I had a print out from the concierge of our FPs, but never had to show anyone. We knew with every FP+ there was one of us that would likely not 'light up green' but it was really no big deal. :)

I was not able to use the app either because of our ticket issues, but being able to use FP- too made up for that. :)

Hello we have linked our bands to our tickets. Should i remove them so we are able to double dip? I am so confused by this process. Help??!!
Oops! I responded to your question above- but now think you may have been referring to AP. if so, disregard my answer. I have NO idea how APs work!! Good luck!!

Yes! You will love it. We are rope-drop people and knowing that we had reserved FP+s made our trip so nice. One thing I will say is that we had several issues of an unknown nature. I am not being a Debbie Downer because I am a MB convert!! Don't know if it was our last minute modified split stay or the UT tix - but my FPs went missing right before my trip; my DD did so the first couple of days; then my DH did the last two days. GOOD THING is that since all three of us arrived at the FP return line together, the CMs, with little hesitation, always let us thru. I had a print out from the concierge of our FPs, but never had to show anyone. We knew with every FP+ there was one of us that would likely not 'light up green' but it was really no big deal. :) I was not able to use the app either because of our ticket issues, but being able to use FP- too made up for that. :)[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info can't wait

That's my plan next week

I am in the same situation and wondering..

If UT tickets are linked to the band and at check in we get a KTTW card which is a back-up to the band, would the UT tickets be linked to the KTTW by default?

Tammy

I am in the same situation and wondering.. If UT tickets are linked to the band and at check in we get a KTTW card which is a back-up to the band, would the UT tickets be linked to the KTTW by default? Tammy

No they are not... Just don't have the resort add them to your KTTW card..

If you ask a CM they will tell you that you are not entitled to both. Last week we attempted on a couple occasions to "double dip" however our paper fastpasses came out saying "not a valid fastpass". Our friends were able to at the same time but ours would not and a CM came up to me when he saw the bands on our wrists and explained that because I had the bands you could not do both.

Any idea as to why you were printing "not a valid fastpass"? I've seen this from a couple people now and am trying to determine under what scenarios this is happening to people. I think the last one I read was when their magic bands weren't working so they were manually scanned, and then their KTTW card wouldn't work on FP machines. Any indication this is common?

Any idea as to why you were printing "not a valid fastpass"? I've seen this from a couple people now and am trying to determine under what scenarios this is happening to people. I think the last one I read was when their magic bands weren't working so they were manually scanned, and then their KTTW card wouldn't work on FP machines. Any indication this is common?

Funny as others being told to do it .. Especially in light of this being a test and their still being MB issues.

It happened to us. We had our APs on the Magicband and use it to get in the park.

When we tried to use our AP or KTTW card to get other Fastpasses, we got the not valid due to not using that ticket to enter the park.

When we asked why, we were told they were testing for the day they shut it down. :confused3

I spoke to GR this evening and we are supposed to be able to use both systems. They specifically told me to use both.

I spoke to GR this evening and we are supposed to be able to use both systems. They specifically told me to use both.

All this CM bull kills me ... Let them stop me when I try ... I don't need to hear any snarky comments I'm testing not them ... Just gets me mad that some take it the way they want and make up their own rules

My family has been here since the 4th. We are using magicbands with Aps linked to them to enter parks and do fast pass plus. I am also able to pull fast passes with aps and room keys.

I'm going to double dip tomorrow... We were at MK today and tried to make it work on our three FP+ and it was miserable. We have been on 10 crowd levels days and waited less! And tonight the system is a mess! I want the last hour of my life back...:

No CM comments and we all were wearing our MBA while using paper fast passes. I know the CMs had to notice because my 5 year old daughter kept trying to use her MBA in the fast pass line! We were at MK today and HS yesterday.

This! Worked like a charm last week when I was there! ;) And to avoid any issues, we took off our MagicBand when we were going to use a paper FP. No one had a clue :wizard:

We had overlapping FP FP+ and any ride FP that we got from CM when DS6 had to suddenly go pee as we were to get on BTMRR and 10 any ride FP from a family that was leaving WDW that day (they were good for 3days). We never took our bands off. I think it's been said enough times everyone is preaching to the choir, the system is set up that way FOR NOW on purpose. So use it.

those "not a valid fastpass" cards have always been printed from the machine when you use a ticket that wasn't used as park admission. they did not just start doing this because of FP+.

We used MB to enter and KTTW cards for legacy FP with no issues. If what you say is correct then we would not have been able to do this. Confused.

patrickpiteo said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by delmar411

All this CM bull kills me ... Let them stop me when I try ... I don't need to hear any snarky comments I'm testing not them ... Just gets me mad that some take it the way they want and make up their own rules
I don't know if it its cm bull.it sounds like maybe the testing parameters are changing daily and no one is really sure what is going on. Hence all the misinformation

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter