FYI RE: "Double Dipping"

All those complaining about being a 'grunt' and not getting FP+ please explain how it's fair for us FP+ people to get only 3 FPs and NOTHING else and only at ONE park??? While you run around like we all did with FP- getting FPs at multiple parks and perhaps even 6 or 7 in a day?

Disney is letting us 'lucky' people use FP-....because we don't get to opt out and go with FP-. WHO in their right mind would CHOOSE to be a tester with only 3FPs in 1 park?! :confused3 NO way would I agree to that.

Us DISers know how to 'do' the parks and 3FPs isn't gonna cut it---especially when the 'grunts' are running around enjoying FP-.

We may soon find out that 3 FPs is IT no matter what happens. But until then- we need to at least keep things on a more level playing field and being stuck with only 3 FPs while FP- folks run around grabbing them ALL day long is ridiculous.

And those same grunts, getting 6 or 7 in a day in as many parks as they choose, are complaining about us MB FP+ers getting only 3 in one park. This whole entire idea is insane. We booked a trip at POFQ in January of 2013. We found out about 2 weeks ago that we were getting MB. We didn't ask for it. Nor did we plan our trip around it. We booked a trip where we wanted to stay. But the idea that those not selected to receive MB / test FP+ somehow are being put out by the MB / testers, is ridiculous!

i hope that EVERYONE takes the survey and puts that three is not enough. i just did my survey and put it down. plus, they include questions asking if three is enough, if you used got more FP+ rides than you have in the past with FP-, etc. everyone needs to take the survey and keep bringing up that three is a ridiculous amount (as is not being able to choose more than one park per day).

let Disney know.

i hope that EVERYONE takes the survey and puts that three is not enough. i just did my survey and put it down. plus, they include questions asking if three is enough, if you used got more FP+ rides than you have in the past with FP-, etc. everyone needs to take the survey and keep bringing up that three is a ridiculous amount (as is not being able to choose more than one park per day).

let Disney know.

I never got the survey :confused3

But the idea that those not selected to receive MB / test FP+ somehow are being put out by the MB / testers, is ridiculous!

Not totally. People are pulling FPs with no intention of using them, and pulling FPs for the same rides they have FP + for within close time frames.

No, it isn't abusing the system, but the more people who have FP+ access pulling FP-, it certainly effects FP- availability and return windows.

LSUfan4444 said:
Not totally. People are pulling FPs with no intention of using them, and pulling FPs for the same rides they have FP + for within close time frames.

No, it isn't abusing the system, but the more people who have FP+ access pulling FP-, it certainly effects FP- availability and return windows.

Guess what, this happens all the time and it isn't just FP+ people either. There are plenty of people grabbing paper FP who have no intention of redeeming them (not just the FP+ either). So that argument is irrelevant. And in my estimation, a guest staying off site, but getting the opportunity to pull 6 or 7 day passes, while I stay on-site, paying Disney considerably more money, but being limited to 3 FP+ in one day/one park is UN fair.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

Guess what, this happens all the time and it isn't just FP+ people either. There are plenty of people grabbing paper FP who have no intention of redeeming them (not just the FP+ either). So that argument is irrelevant.
It's not an argument, it's fact. Whether you care to acknowledge it or place any importance on it or not, is up to you.

You can't say it's "ridiculous" that any "double dipping" being done by the MB testers is having any negative impact on the non testers, when reality is that there certainly is an impact. Whether or not that impact matters to you or not doesn't define whether or not something is ridiculous or not.

People using KTTW from previous visits pulling FPs for their scrapbook is a little more than what was done pre-testing, and it is certainly impacting those who do not have the option to make a FP+ reservation.

a guest staying off site, but getting the opportunity to pull 6 or 7 day passes, while I stay on-site, paying Disney considerably more money, but being limited to 3 FP+ in one day/one park is UN fair.

The one difference there is, you would have the option to decline MB and FP+ participation if you please. Staying at a testing resort give you the option of either (as of right now), something those not staying onsite have an option to do.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's a reward for staying at a Disney property and should be such. If Disney was to regulate it to ONLY three FP+ reservations and no same day FPs (which almost everyone agrees is not going to be the case), you could still decline participation and Disney knows this...so they let you have access to both so you would agree to testing.

It isn't saying double dipping is wrong, but it s certainly an advantage of testing, which is why people have been so happy with it so far.

Now, let's see what happens when there is no paper FP system and changing reservation times are much harder as availability decreases.

What is being tested is not what reality will be for the system, but they have to test it some way.

answer that way if you desire. but i have read more people who think three is NOT enough than those who think three is sufficient.

I agree, most people want more FPs, I however do not. I am a park hopper and rope dropper and only go for longer periods of time during low crowd seasons.

Because of this, the only time I use FPs is really after lunch (and by that time we have hopped to another park anyway). I would prefer more availability with my reservations and more freedom for same day options rather than having 5 or 6.

Take a look at Hollywood Studios...I'd much rather be able to move my Toy Story FP+ from 1 pm to 8 pm than have the ability for a few extra FP+ for Star Tours, Indiana Jones and Muppets.

I've long since believed the people that will make the easiest transition to a three FP+ system are rope droppers who travel during low crowd times that do not currently depend on FPs with the current system. Those who are currently FP dependent now will struggle more with this transition.

LSUfan4444 said:
It's not an argument, it's fact. Whether you care to acknowledge it or place any importance on it or not, is up to you.

You can't say it's "ridiculous" that any "double dipping" being done by the MB testers is having any negative impact on the non testers, when reality is that there certainly is an impact. Whether or not that impact matters to you or not doesn't define whether or not something is ridiculous or not.

People using KTTW from previous visits pulling FPs for their scrapbook is a little more than what was done pre-testing, and it is certainly impacting those who do not have the option to make a FP+ reservation.

The one difference there is, you would have the option to decline MB and FP+ participation if you please. Staying at a testing resort give you the option of either (as of right now), something those not staying onsite have an option to do.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's a reward for staying at a Disney property and should be such. If Disney was to regulate it to ONLY three FP+ reservations and no same day FPs (which almost everyone agrees is not going to be the case), you could still decline participation and Disney knows this...so they let you have access to both so you would agree to testing.

It isn't saying double dipping is wrong, but it s certainly an advantage of testing, which is why people have been so happy with it so far.

Now, let's see what happens when there is no paper FP system and changing reservation times are much harder as availability decreases.

What is being tested is not what reality will be for the system, but they have to test it some way.

Not referring to people using cards from previous trips to grab them, I'm referring to people, right now, every day, using their current cards to grab them!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

Not totally. People are pulling FPs with no intention of using them, and pulling FPs for the same rides they have FP + for within close time frames. No, it isn't abusing the system, but the more people who have FP+ access pulling FP-, it certainly effects FP- availability and return windows.
You know that for fact?? That guests are pulling FP - and not using them,. I'm there in 9 days so I can see for myself..

You know that for fact??

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3174105&highlight=keepsake

We were there the week following Labor Day & found it so low in attendance that we did SB for almost all rides - except TSM, PP & EE I think. We actually pulled FP- just to have a keepsake for our favorite rides since the machines will be gone soon & we'll no longer have those paper tickets.

When I was there two weeks ago I saw a girl taping some in an autograph book and she was wearing a MB, so that does involve some assuming.

No, it isn't causing enormous problems, but yes, it is happening.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3174105&highlight=keepsake

We were there the week following Labor Day & found it so low in attendance that we did SB for almost all rides - except TSM, PP & EE I think. We actually pulled FP- just to have a keepsake for our favorite rides since the machines will be gone soon & we'll no longer have those paper tickets.

When I was there two weeks ago I saw a girl taping some in an autograph book and she was wearing a MB, so that does involve some assuming.

No, it isn't causing enormous problems, but yes, it is happening.

And this is only happening with MB guests? Because I know for a fact, that people who do/did not have MB have done it. So it's not isolated to just MB guests.

Just read another thread about how long the FP return lines are, so it sounds like most people are using them.

I think that anyone on site, not just MB testers, could double dip by using a KTTW room key which no tickets attached and a separate ticket such as one from UT.

T

If people are mad at "double dipping" what about the people that do split stays and are "triple dipping". That will make their heads explode.

Just read another thread about how long the FP return lines are, so it sounds like most people are using them.

T

The FP return lines are longer because it takes longer to scan your band at the entrance points. I really don't think it has anything to do with double dipping.

1- yes they are giving you KTTW cards upon checkin.

2-yes you can do FP+ reservation with party tightly linked from 4-7 but not recommended to do that as it will or could use a reg park ticket day if you also have that linked..

Sorry, I wasn't clear....I meant can the party tickets be used in the regular fastpass kiosks

I'm sure no one is paying super close attention, but I was someone who used an old KTTW to pull a FP. I just want to be clear I thought It was my current one but it was not. I never pulled an "extra" using the old card.. It was in lieu of the new card. I agree that using old key cards and new ones to pull FP is a little excessive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter