• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FYI on Kids Menus

jcjohns91107

Mouseketeer
We just spent a week at YC. Had a great time. I posted a question before I left asking if ordering off the kids menu at restaurants was a problem for teen who are obviously not kids. The over whelming answer was that the kids menu was for 9 and under.

I'm here to tell you that if that's technically true, in practice its not. My girls, ages 13 and 15, ordered off the kids menu at least half of our dinners, maybe more, and not one waiter said a thing. They ordered off the kids menu at Rose & Crown, Captains Grille in YC, Coral Reef and Teppan Edo.

There's also nothing on the menus that I saw. Yes, the dining plan is for 9 and under, but we weren't on the dining plan, which I belive saved us money. That will be the subject of another post.

Glad it worked out for you! I must have missed your post, because my experience (in practice and in reading here) is the exact opposite of what you were told.

Thanks for posting this to help out anyone else wondering the same thing. :goodvibes

Thanks for the post. We are heading to the BC next week and my 13 year-old typically likes the offerings on the kids menu better. But he eats well. What were the portion sizes. Should I order 2 kids meals for him? For example, he can eat a whole plate of pasta or a decent size burger. Sometimes the mickey pasta (which he likes) is only on the kids menu. I'm wondering how to order it to get the right amount. Of course, don't mind spending whatever to get him the right size dish.

Our DD just turned 10 and we will be primarily ordering from the kids' menus for her...there's no way she can/will eat a $25-$35 entree at a TS restaurant, even if she begged us! She's has a hearty appetite, and we'll sometimes order an extra appetizer that she'd like to share, but no adult entrees. She's more interested in the kids' menus anyway, for the most part, especially now that they don't consist only of nuggets, burgers, chicken strips, and hot dogs...

:sunny:

The majority of the table service places have a set meal for $7.59 that you can choose from each catagory. My children really never wanted the chicken soup as an app and my husband and I would rather that they did not have a dessert each night when they are eating ice cream, etc. through out the day. We recently learned on our last trip that we can just order the main entree and we were only charged $3.99 for the kids meal. Examples being a hot dog and fries at Kona and a pizza at Sanaa.

Hope that helps someone going down on a budget!

I guess you could order two kids meals. My girls were full each time. The kids meals come with desert and sides. The burger is a pretty good size.

...We recently learned on our last trip that we can just order the main entree and we were only charged $3.99 for the kids meal. Examples being a hot dog and fries at Kona and a pizza at Sanaa.

Hope that helps someone going down on a budget!

Wish I had known that or thought to ask. Our kids never touched the appetizers, and were too full for dessert right away. Thanks for the tip, even if too late for the trip I just returned from. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter