• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FYI: Florida is HOT in August

Hi LeslieR! Thanks for sharing your trip report. Looks like you and your family had a blast. And now I can't wait to try the the pizza at Sal's! Looks delicious. :goodvibes

This was my first TR. It was fun--I sorta got to relive the whole thing. Thanks for reading. And Sal's is really good--love the atmosphere there too.

That must have beeen fun watching the movie. I really love the Mummy ride. I think it is really my favorite. I also like the Everest ride at the Animal Kingdom at Disney.

Mummy is our fav too!

Your trip report was great. I had a nice time going on vacation with you. ;) I sure wish I could plan a next trip now. :goodvibes I think our next trip will be the The Grand Canyon.

Thanks for the trip report.
[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you enjoyed my TR. My next trip plans so far are trying to figure out where the money is going to come from! :rotfl: Grand Canyon would be great. We're sort of thinking Washington DC. You know, educational and all that...

it was definitely hot in august, we wanted to see the 360 show ourselves but it was way too hot to go to the parks. do you happen to remember how much the duff energy drink was? I might have to go there to grab one, looks really cool.

[yes, energy drink fan! AMP or Cocaine/Noname are my favs though, haven't tried the Duff one.]

Yes I remember how much the Duff cost because I almost fell over. :faint: It was $5!! We should have saved the can for that price! He said it was good, but I don't think he would have said otherwise if he didn't like it. I don't let him drink that stuff very often.

Ok, next it was MIB. We decided to skip Jaws this morning. On MIB this time Dave didn’t get the high score—I did! I’m not sure how but I got 355,625 and he got his usual 255,000. I think I hit the red thing above the other car that makes them spin, twice. Bonus. My turn to brag. Ok, once was enough, time was moving quickly. Over to the Simpson’s.

As we approached the entrance to Express we heard the attendant telling the family in front of us that the ride was down and there was about a 25 minute wait. Bummer! We didn’t wait, too much to do in less than…...Aaaaakkkkk…..only an hour and a half left! We did a quick walk through the Kwicky Mart. Connor "needed" an energy drink (I don't usually let him drink that crap, but this is vacation and its a Simpsons thing.)

P1040858.jpg

That’s when I started planning our next trip……..

I can't believe Connor is 14! This is a really good picture of him. He's quite a cutie! (Of course, he's my FAVORITE nephew!)

I think I need to plan on going at the same time as you guys after Harry Potter is open. Of course, I'll also have to do Disney while I'm down there!

Thanks for the report. It's a fun way to hear about your trip.

Oh my Gosh, Day 4

Now I really don’t want to sound like nothing is ever good enough but….

Dave’s “filet” was more like medallions than the steak that came on the risotto. It was 3 slices of shoe leather, a pile of fried onions, a squirt of brown potatoes and a big glob of butter on top. It was seriously bad. I mean it. The steak was dry and had no flavor. I think our waitress sort of felt sorry for him. It was a sad looking plate. (They really need to change those baby poop looking potatoes too. Seriously!)

By this time it was around 11:30 and we were full (and slightly sick) & tired, so off to bed. Tomorrow is our last day…waaaaaaaaaaah! :sad:

OMG I seriously was wondering what is that baby poop looking stuff on your plate. Great minds think alike.....

Thank you for the update. :love:

I'm always a little embarrassed to take pictures of the food. Maybe I'll take pictures of Peter's food! :rotfl2: He'd love that.

Was showing my DH pictures of the food and he just said the same thing, "Who takes these pictures and you are seriously not going to do that on our trip, r u?":rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter