• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FW tshirt transfer

Not to sound too stupid but how do you take it and put it on a shirt?

not stupid at all - there are really good directions on the Creative Disigns Board - look under one of the sticky's at the top.

Basically,

Open the 4shared file and click on the lower left corner of the pic where it says "expand to actual size" and download the image to your computer.

Now you need transfer paper. I order mine from www.amymickey.com who is a disboard member - if I'm doing the work I want it to last and I've washed our shirts many times with no problems. With her transfers you will get directions on exactly how to use the transfer paper and it's very easy - if I can do it anyone can:thumbsup2. There are other places you can get transfer paper like craft stores but I've heard mixed reviews on how they work and having to flip the image. With the amymickey paper you just print the image as is - no flipping of the image, etc...

Shirts - you can buy at craft stores, like Michaels, where they are often on sale for 2 for $5.

Good luck!

I also just bumped an old thread with designs and instructions on it.

Very cute image!

And thanks on the tutorial on how to utilize it.

I feel a little project coming on!!:laughing:

Cathy

We had a local guy make us some small FW ovals and the Fort Wilderness decals that I saw in an old post somewhere on here we used a art link that "SHANMAN" had posted they turned out great.

Not to sound too stupid but how do you take it and put it on a shirt?

Expanding on what other have posted.

There are two types of transfer paper that are both available at craft stores.

Paper for light colored shirts and paper for dark colored shirts.

For the light colored shirts you print the transfer in reverse and then iron it to the shirt ink down and paper up. Since you can't print white the white of the shirt is your white just like a piece of paper.

For dark shirts you print it not reversed, cut it out and peel the backing paper off. You then place it on the shirt ink side up. You then place a piece of parchment paper, included with the paper on top. You then iron it on. Its kind of like a sticker. If you don't cut out the design its like ironing a sheet of paper to your shirt.

Here are some other instructions.

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/He...nting-Tips/T_Shirt-Transfers-_-Full-Sheet.htm

Very cute!

I may have to use that for our upcoming trip in May!

I've used amymickey's stuff too...it's great!

You can also get shirts at jiffyshirts.com too...some of theirs is usually only $2-3 and they have a wide selection of colors and styles!

Also, if you want a special request, you can post it on the Creative DISigns forum. We are a friendly bunch and aim to please. :goodvibes Penny

Has anyone made this shirt with the Fort Wilderness design on it? I think the Chip and Dale design is absolutely adorable and would like to make shirts for our upcoming trip but I am just not sure where to place the transfer on the shirt and how big to make it (front/back, big/small, centered/to the side)? Any ideas on what would look best with this circle design?

I posted this question on the DISign board to hoping for some creative help from the creative people over there. I hope it is not breaking any big rules to post a question to two different groups of people? If so, I apologize!:upsidedow

I made shirts with various designs (Toy Story & Star Wars Weekend shirts) last year for our trip. I used the Amysmickey's transfer papers and they work GREAT! My boys still wear their shirts all the time!!!

Has anyone made this shirt with the Fort Wilderness design on it? I think the Chip and Dale design is absolutely adorable and would like to make shirts for our upcoming trip but I am just not sure where to place the transfer on the shirt and how big to make it (front/back, big/small, centered/to the side)? Any ideas on what would look best with this circle design?two different groups of people? If so, I apologize!:upsidedow

I didn't make one for DH yet but I'm going to just make it big/centered on the front. I love those amymickey transfers too!:thumbsup2

Worked on shirts for DH tonight - (ignore the datestamp on the photo as I didn't have it set correctly)

S6302237.jpg

S6302236.jpg

tshirt was $5 at Walmart and amymickey transfer paper $2.50 each for it cost @$7.50 per shirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter