FW cabins..a couple of questions please..(golf cart, activities)

luvdisney77

Mouseketeer
We have stayed at FW before. We didn't rent a golf cart, which we'll definitely be doing this time!

When you rent one and drive it to the dock, do you just leave it there and then pick it back up when you return from the parks??

Also, I have read posters saying how much there is to do there? What activities do they have? A lot of the major Disney lover websites tend to do the same thing with just saying they have a lot of "activities" without elaborating.

We have waivered back and forth as to where to stay (CSR Club, etc.) but decided this would be more quiet, while being close to MK. :jumping1:

Thank you!!!!!

From Allears: Activities FW.
•Tennis
•Archery Experience
•Specialty Cruises
•Tri-Circle-D Ranch & Farm / Stables
•Pony Rides
•Playgrounds
•Nightly Wagon Rides at Pioneer Hall
•Private carriage rides
•Bicycle rental
•Fishing in canals (free)
•Sand Volleyball Court near Meadow Trading Post
•Horseshoes and shuffleboard
•Basketball and tetherball courts
•Arcades - Davy Crockett Arcade at Pioneer Hall & Daniel Boone Arcade
•Two heated outdoor swimming pools
•White sand beach (no swimming from here)
•Rental watercraft
•Water skiing, wakeboarding
•Parasailing
•Swamp Trail
•Fort Wilderness Exercise Trail
•ElectricalWater Pageant

Some of the above are few and others are at a fee. There is also the Campfire Sing-a-long and movie every night. I know there are planned activities at the main pool, but I think they sometimes have other activities that you can find out about at Meadows.

We stayed at the cabins in Fall 2011. Had I known how much they had to offer I wouldn't have made quite so many plans and spent more time there. The movie and campfire really is fun. Plan on at least one night there, great memories.
Oh and when you check-in, you'll receive an information sheet for the activities happening while you're there.

We have stayed at FW before. We didn't rent a golf cart, which we'll definitely be doing this time!

When you rent one and drive it to the dock, do you just leave it there and then pick it back up when you return from the parks??

Yes, you just leave it there. You can even plug it in if you park near one of the outlets. I would strongly suggest you have a towel stowed somewhere in the cart though because if it rains, the seats will be wet and it's nice to have something to dry it off with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter