FW Cabin vs Villa? HELP!!!

jessicajdesigns

Earning My Ears
We will be taking our kids 9, 4 and 13 months on a trip sometime this late winter/early spring. I just cant decide between a cabin at FW or a Villa. I have been doing tons of reading, probably to much. LOL But, I have yet to see these two options compared. We will be eating at our cabin/villa periodically and plan to have a delivery form the Garden Grocer. We also need somewhere that transportation is convenient because we really don't want to have to rent a car. We have gone many times to Disney but only stayed in hotel rooms and off property, So any help on what you think would work better for our family would be awesome!

Thank you!!!!!!

We will be taking our kids 9, 4 and 13 months on a trip sometime this late winter/early spring. I just cant decide between a cabin at FW or a Villa. I have been doing tons of reading, probably to much. LOL But, I have yet to see these two options compared. We will be eating at our cabin/villa periodically and plan to have a delivery form the Garden Grocer. We also need somewhere that transportation is convenient because we really don't want to have to rent a car. We have gone many times to Disney but only stayed in hotel rooms and off property, So any help on what you think would work better for our family would be awesome!

Thank you!!!!!!

I just recently had to make the same decision. I came down to deciding between a one bedroom at Kidani and the Cabins. We get a military discount, 30% off Cabins and 40% off Villas. After running the numbers the Cabins won, hands down, even with a small discount. Why? Because even with a golf cart rental for the week to get around, the cabins were around $1500 cheaper than a one bedroom Villa.

Plus, I have a husband that is a once a day park kind of guy. My daughter and I are morning/swim break/evening kind of tourists. The fact that there is just so much to do at the Fort is a bonus for us because it gives him lots of options for things to do while we do a morning or evening without him.

You don't say which villas you are considering, or if price is a major consideration. Without knowing that, I would definitely suggest a villa with easy transport to at least 1 park. Especially seeing that you have a couple of little ones who are still quite small. Bay Lake Towers, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk or Beach Club villas all provide easy access to either MK or Epcot. I know from our own kids that being able to get in and get out of the parks quickly is priceless. ;)

Not trying to steer you away from a villa or cabin, but wanted to let you know Port Orleans Riverside has rooms for 5 with a fridge. I'm staying there for Spring Break with my family of 5...it was much cheaper than a cabin. There are buses to all parks and a boat to DTD.

There is a free dining promo for select dates in the early spring (until 3/29 I think), so that could make up for the lack of a kitchenette. Obviously, space will be a little harder to come by than in a studio or villa.

Planning for five is difficult and expensive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter