Future WDW DVC Resorts

Pluto1976

Mouseketeer
My DW and I would love to purchase into DVC but our problem is we really love the Polynesian and GF resorts. Given our preference were not quite sure we would want to purchase points at any of the current DVC resorts. Even though were considering BLT.

So the question is does anyone know about any plans for future DVC resorts in WDW? Specifically, any plans for DVC at the Poly or GF.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!:goodvibes

No plans beyond the new resort in Hawaii that members know about.

I'd hope they'd quit building and concentrate on the existing resorts.

Always lots of rumors and speculation regarding DVC at Polynesian Resort or

Grand Floridian. IF it happens, probably will not be for quite some time

as their focus is presently on BLT, VGC and Hawaii.

If you feel DVC is right for your travel habits you might want to consider

buying in via resale with a small contract so in the event that in the

future either of these become a reality you are already a member and

then can purchase add-on points for that resort as soon as available.

:goodvibes

Disney is usually very quiet about announcing new resorts until construction is underway (Hawaii was an exception). Bay Lake Tower had been under construction for awhile before Disney finally made official comments that it would be a DVC resort, the the rumors were flying for many years prior to that.

So, keep an eye out for bulldozers and rumors. You never know.

Well in the past couple of years I have had DVC agents reply to that question, "well anything is possible".

But just this week I had two agents who have been with the company for several years, reply, "not a possiblity for a very, very long time, if ever."

If you read the article that ContemporaryFan posted sales are really, really down, so at this point, I think they will be doing good to finish and sell what they have.

There won't be any poly or GF DVC for a long time. They still have SSR, AKV, BLT, GCV and now Hawaii to sell first. I think they are about as extended as they can be. Once 2 or 3 of those sell out they may start to think about a Poly DVC.

I imagine the Hawaii DVC will expensive, point-wise, for rooms. Also, at 450-ish rooms, it's one of the bigger DVCs. I imagine that it will have about 2 million points to sell. (BLT has a total of about 1.1 million).

After selling for about a year, BLT still has only declared about 1/2 of their rooms, so they haven't sold 1/2 the resort yet. This means another year or so for BLT to sell out.

If the hawaii DVC will have twice as many points as the BLT, and I imagine that the Hawaii resort might be harder to sell, since it's not on-property, I imagine they'll be selling hawaii for 3-4 years.

I imagine the Hawaii DVC will expensive, point-wise, for rooms. Also, at 450-ish rooms, it's one of the bigger DVCs. I imagine that it will have about 2 million points to sell. (BLT has a total of about 1.1 million).

Actual number of points to be sold at BLT is likely closer to 6 million not 1.1 million (there are 295 rooms -- 148 dedicated 2BRs, 133 lock-off 2BRs and 14 GVs; the dedicated 2BRs average more than 350 points a week for the year, multiply that by 52 weeks and by 148 and you get about 2.7 million points just for the dedicated 2BRs). Hawaii will likely have even more points.

Hawaii is DVC's latest attempt at a non-park resort. If there is another park resort, its birth and sale will likely depend more on where the WDW resorts stand in sales not how Hawaii may stand. Unless they give up on DVC, you will probably see another WDW one when BLT, AKV, and new portion of SSR get close to selling out because the last thing they will want is to have nothing for sale at WDW for visitors to WDW to buy. And unless they go with a stand alone resort (doubtful), the most likely places to put another DVC at WDW are GF or Poly.

Just so many unknowns right now...

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if DVC reached a point where they didn't have any resorts in active sales at WDW. That's assuming buyers embrace Hawaii, DC comes into the mix and perhaps another announcement in California.

If none of the above happen, things could get even curiouser. Disney may be in for a period of re-evaluation if they discover sub-par demand for destinations outside of Walt Disney World.

I'm quite certain that Disney has plans tucked away for a DVC Poly and DVC GF somewhere. When/if they see the light of day is just impossible to predict. I still think a second Contemporary Tower will be the next project off the drawing board. As nice as the BLT looks, I can't believe Disney execs intend for the Contemporary to remain like that indefinitely. Would look much better with a matching tower on the south side.

Just so many unknowns right now...

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if DVC reached a point where they didn't have any resorts in active sales at WDW. That's assuming buyers embrace Hawaii, DC comes into the mix and perhaps another announcement in California.

If none of the above happen, things could get even curiouser. Disney may be in for a period of re-evaluation if they discover sub-par demand for destinations outside of Walt Disney World.

I'm quite certain that Disney has plans tucked away for a DVC Poly and DVC GF somewhere. When/if they see the light of day is just impossible to predict. I still think a second Contemporary Tower will be the next project off the drawing board. As nice as the BLT looks, I can't believe Disney execs intend for the Contemporary to remain like that indefinitely. Would look much better with a matching tower on the south side.

If they did add a second tower at BLT...do you think it would be a seperate DVC resort? Meaning if you own BLT now, that would be your home resort and another tower would have seperate owners? Not sure how'd that work.

I would think the next DVC would be Grand Floridian...there is room to build there. Where as at the Poly, they'd have to tear down a building or more and rebuild and that resort is so crowded at all times. Just my two cents!

Thanks for the replies!

Given your feedback I think we are just going to wait until a DVC resort is build that appeals to us. Hopefully the Poly or GF will have one in the next couple of years :goodvibes

I just wanted to add my opinion. DH & I started looking into DVC when Saratoga was announced. We loved the concept of DVC and really really looked into it with the intent to buy. However, we just were not thrilled with the resort. So, we put it on hold. Fast forward to 2008, and we were in Schaumburg, IL and went to doorway to dreams and saw the AKV. We LOVED them. So much so, that we went home that night and looked at the info, and went back the next day to purchase. We've since then added BCV points as well. I would say you should just look into all the DVC resorts, see if theres one you love and purchase a resale. If not, wait for your resort you do love. We also were big fans of GF and I didn't think anything would top that for me, until we stayed at AK.

We are at a point now that we are happy with what our points can get us. We don't have any plans to add on or buy into a new home resort for at least a couple of years. We would like to buy into BLT at that time, but if they build a DVC resort at Poly all bets are off. I would definitely be one of the first to buy if they build at Poly. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

If they did add a second tower at BLT...do you think it would be a seperate DVC resort? Meaning if you own BLT now, that would be your home resort and another tower would have seperate owners? Not sure how'd that work.

I would think the next DVC would be Grand Floridian...there is room to build there. Where as at the Poly, they'd have to tear down a building or more and rebuild and that resort is so crowded at all times. Just my two cents!

If DVC were to build a second tower, it would likely replace the Sout Garden Wing, as the current tower replaced the North Garden Wing. Depending upon timeframe, Disney could consider them one resort, as they did with the Treehouses and SSR. That would be the most likely scenario.

However, if the construction were delayed by several years, I could see the new tower having longer contracts, and offering the current tower owners an extension, but still considered one resort...though I don't think the OKW extension garnered the results they had hoped for.

If DVC were to build a second tower, it would likely replace the Sout Garden Wing, as the current tower replaced the North Garden Wing. Depending upon timeframe, Disney could consider them one resort, as they did with the Treehouses and SSR. That would be the most likely scenario.

However, if the construction were delayed by several years, I could see the new tower having longer contracts, and offering the current tower owners an extension, but still considered one resort...though I don't think the OKW extension garnered the results they had hoped for.

Agree with the South Garden Wing replacement. I suspect Disney will make the point expiration also 2060. Similar to how SSR opened 2004 added phases including today's THV, but kept the point expiration at 2054.

I spoke with my guide 2 weeks ago and talked about BLT. I mentioned to her that what I really want is a GF DVC. She said that it is in the works along with Poly and they will happen in the next 5-6 years. She said that the current idea is to remodel existing GF and Poly buildings into DVC's. Like what they did with the 5th & 6th floors at Jambo House AKL. She also said that the plan is to "dot" the resort area (including Mods and values) with DVC.

She also offered a few other interesting tid bits...she said they have plans for a "Ski destination" DVC...BLT is only 35% sold out...Hawaii is a pet project of one of the highest ups in the comapny and that it will be special. Expensive, but special.

Not trying to spread rumors, just relaying what our guide told us. She could tell I was very interested if GF DVC so why would she lie about the possibilty of it being built. In fact, she was rather specific about the details.

I spoke with my guide 2 weeks ago and talked about BLT. I mentioned to her that what I really want is a GF DVC. She said that it is in the works along with Poly and they will happen in the next 5-6 years. She said that the current idea is to remodel existing GF and Poly buildings into DVC's. Like what they did with the 5th & 6th floors at Jambo House AKL. She also said that the plan is to "dot" the resort area (including Mods and values) with DVC.

She also offered a few other interesting tid bits...she said they have plans for a "Ski destination" DVC...BLT is only 35% sold out...Hawaii is a pet project of one of the highest ups in the comapny and that it will be special. Expensive, but special.

I think at least one other person posted something similar to this a few weeks ago (that their guide mentioned Poly and GF villas in the works). I wouldn't doubt it either way, they'd be an easy sell. It seems counterintuitive that they'd spread the word to create buzz now, though, with BLT only 35% sold. I'd better start putting the money away now, though, I was already planning on adding on for Hawaii and I'd definitely add-on for Poly :laughing:

Not trying to spread rumors, just relaying what our guide told us. She could tell I was very interested if GF DVC so why would she lie about the possibilty of it being built. In fact, she was rather specific about the details.

The GF and Poly may be in the plans, but it all depends on market conditions. If they are only converting some existing rooms at Poly, it would likely be the smallest on-site DVC. It seems it would be more profitable to tear down and have new construction, like at BLT, as they could sell more points.

Remember that DVC resorts have been formally announced, and cancelled before. Until ground is actually broken, and the units are acknowledged to be DVC, I wouldn't expect to see them. Eagle Pines even had some ground work underway when it was cancelled, and the Newport Beach DVC location was sold to Marriott.

1. We would jump all over a Poly DVC offering. :woohoo:

2. "Dot the resort area (including Mods and values) with DVC?" Oh-boy, and you guys think the "you %$^Q SSR owners taking up all my spots" threads were bad. :eek::lmao:popcorn::

As nice as the BLT looks, I can't believe Disney execs intend for the Contemporary to remain like that indefinitely. Would look much better with a matching tower on the south side.

Hmmm... how about a Seven Seas Tower facing the other direction?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter