Future Ship Names

I really like Believe and Wish (or some sort of variation)
Although a part of me thinks that they wont use an initial they already have as once onboard (backstage) so much is abbreviated to DM, DW, DD, DF to differentiate between the ships...

I really like Believe and Wish (or some sort of variation)
Although a part of me thinks that they wont use an initial they already have as once onboard (backstage) so much is abbreviated to DM, DW, DD, DF to differentiate between the ships...

Those are my picks. It's not unheard of for ships to have the same initials - Princess has more than a couple with the same initials - so for the travel industry (internal and external) they have codes. For message boards...well, here we tend to type the name anyway, so it wouldn't be that bad.

Those are my picks. It's not unheard of for ships to have the same initials - Princess has more than a couple with the same initials - so for the travel industry (internal and external) they have codes. For message boards...well, here we tend to type the name anyway, so it wouldn't be that bad.

Yeah I know that, I just mean in Disney's case, all internal email addresses, ship positions, paperwork, forms etc, I could just see it getting complicated the way Disney do it. I know with Tritons and Tiana's they added an extra initial, but just for people who have been there for a while, I know Id just see the W and assume Wonder lol.
Doesn't in any way mean they won't, just one tiny thought I had about it.

Yeah I know that, I just mean in Disney's case, all internal email addresses, ship positions, paperwork, forms etc, I could just see it getting complicated the way Disney do it. I know with Tritons and Tiana's they added an extra initial, but just for people who have been there for a while, I know Id just see the W and assume Wonder lol.
Doesn't in any way mean they won't, just one tiny thought I had about it.

Yeah. Some of them I've seen for Princess don't even make sense. But when you have the Ruby, the Regal, and the Royal... LOL. (And the Coral and Caribbean...)

I still think the Disney Star would be a good name. 'Wish upon a star' and 'star wars' all in one word.

I also like Disney Treasure, but I wonder if that might be taking the pirate theme a touch too far, given they are ships.

Last edited:

While they completely nail the description of Disney Cruising. Something would rub me the wrong way about having the word Addiction plastered on the side of a Disney name.
This all the way, not the most appropriate.

A thread was started a couple of years ago even before the 2 ships were officially confirmed. It was fun to see what people suggested. Looking at the current names of the ships, I think Believe, Imagine/Imagination are big contenders. Adventure, Treasure, Illusion, Charm, Mirage all good possibilities too IMO, but Believe and Imagine/Imagination would be spot on.

With the expiration of "Wishes" Fireworks at Magic Kingdom, maybe they will carry that over to DCL with Disney Wish(es)

Last edited:
Kind of topic, but when does everyone think the bookings for the first new ship will be announced?
My personal guess, is about 2019ish. First ship if I'm not mistaken is 2021, and im guessing around febish since historically that's when all 4 ships were supposed to debut (Magic class is the exception because they were delayed by Carnival but they we're scheduled for march or april of 98 and 99) so figure about Sept.ish of 19 give or take for bookings.

The Liberty Frontier! We already have the Fantasy for Fantasyland. This combines 2 classic lands. Or Tomorrow's Adventure. (...but I guess that one begs the question, "...then what do we do today?" ...I'm sticking with the Liberty Frontier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter