Fury Catameran/sail/beach party??? Cozumel

pannm

Mouseketeer
When it comes to these types of excursions- "Fury Catameran Sail, Snorkle and beach party"...are they 'kid friendly'??? Or is it pretty much mostly adults who like to drink and get a little tipsy (or more than a little tipsy...)

I have two girls- 9 and 11 on the day of the Cozumel stop. We want to do something LIKE this, but we don't want to do an all-out drinking/roudy party type of a thing.

I see that Margaritas, beer and soft drinks are included- which would be fun to have 1 or two, but not go crazy...as we are not big drinkers.

We want to book through Disney. I know that others save money and have had great luck with using local tour companies, we just prefer to stay with DCL booked excursions this time around for the reason that we are 100% new to cruising and we have heard horror stories about using other companies. I know that there are very great, reputable companies available and that they work well for other people- we are just 100% sure that we are only using DCL this time around. Maybe next time we'll feel more comfortable booking thru a local excursion place.

My husband and son (he was 11 at the time) did this and they both loved it! The inflatables at the private beach were the highlight of the trip for my son and my hubby loved just sitting on the beach. The snorkeling is for beginners, if you are experienced you will probably think that part is boring but since we dont do that very much, it was fine for them.
They said there was loud music but no one was drunk and there were many families on the excursion. We are doing the eastern this year and my son already asked if there was any excursion like the Fury Catamaran. They said their only complaint is it was too short- they would have loved for it to be a full day.

Well I went there last year and booked this with Fury on the Jewel of the Seas and we were 2 of about 10 people on board. The snorkeling was so amazing that when me and my boyfriend got back we went and got scuba certified. After the 45 minute snorkel they offered unlimited margaritas and dos esquies while enroute to a private beach. We lounged around in the hammocks and sipped on beer. We were buzzed, but not drunk and had a great time. Also, this excursion leaves and returns directly form the cruise pier! 8-12

The beach has an inflatable slide in the water and there was a group of adults approximately 40-50 years old who had quite a fun time trying to get up it and sliding down. Everyone on the beach was laughing as they made it to the top only to come sliding down head first and splash into the water.

No one was overly dunk, but several were in good spirits. I don't see where children would have a bad time, but we were on the early excursion and that may have made a difference. Yea, I felt a little odd about having a beer at 11 in the morning, but hey, it's Mexico!

The crew was excellent and safety oriented and no alcohol was served prior to getting in the water. For those that did not want to imbibe, there were non alcoholic options and they even used filtered water for the ice (so as not to get intestinal problems). There was a safety briefing and they counted souls on board several times, including after the snorkel and after leaving the beach.

For us this was money WELL spent, it was such a relaxing day. It also solidified my desire to become a certified diver and start living life a little.

As an aside, if you are in Cozumel, do yourself a favor and have lunch at La Choza and order the homemade guacamole if you like guac. Margaritas come in glasses the size of fishbowls. Any taxi will take you there.

Enjoy your cruise!
Joel

I forgot to add that in Cozumel, Margaritaville has some inflatables to use in the water as well. They have life jackets there to use as well. My daughter (she was 2) and I just watched from the outside patio and I ordered a pop and they gave her a coloring sheet and crayons while they swam. They did this before their Fury excursion. You can see Margaritaville right from where the ship is docked.
I think there were many more children on our Fury excursion because we booked directly thru Disney and there were only people from the ship on the excursion with them.
Have a great cruise! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter