• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Furniture from the Poly for sale on Ebay

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
I thought this was interesting. There is someone on Ebay who has an entire room set-up from the Polynesian for sale. This includes beds, armoire, lamps, chairs and table. All of you Polynesian fans can bid on these items for $499.

Here is the link if you are interested: (by the way, I am NOT the seller)

Polynesian

That IS very interesting! Did you also go to their eBay store and look at all the other items they have? I wonder how they got all that stuff?! I mean, a Saratoga Springs floor mat for example? Must be an insider, or a maid gone beserk! :earseek:

That is very odd, I'm wondering too, where it all comes from

Disney is actually the seller. They sell all kinds of things on eBay, this is just one of their user names.

Actually the Polynesian told me Mouse Surplus is a separate company that gets much of their old stuff. They are removing the stuff from the rooms to create the new rooms and this is the furniture from the rooms. For the whole room the shipping is $500. You can also bid on pieces separately or maybe those auctions are already expired. We got a day bed and a mirror and shipping out to California is about $100.

Ew...used furnature from a hotel that thousands of people have sat on/done God knows what? Not in my house...LOL!

;)

N.E.D.

We just won the auction and will be having the whole room sent to Texas! :sunny: We honeymooned at the Poly and fell in love with it immediately. We have returned many times since, and our 4 DDs love it too. To have reminders of our wonderful trips with us all the time is too exciting. Are we crazy? Won't deny it. DH is still trying to figure out how to install tiki torches in the back yard. ;)

Ilovestitch said:
Disney is actually the seller. They sell all kinds of things on eBay, this is just one of their user names.

This is not correct. Disney's Store name on Ebay is not MouseSurplus.

Does anyone have an idea of the dimensions on the rectangular Poly mirrors that this seller has available?

TXBelle said:
We just won the auction and will be having the whole room sent to Texas! :sunny: We honeymooned at the Poly and fell in love with it immediately. We have returned many times since, and our 4 DDs love it too. To have reminders of our wonderful trips with us all the time is too exciting. Are we crazy? Won't deny it. DH is still trying to figure out how to install tiki torches in the back yard. ;)

Thats just awesome :)

Clean it really well .. give it a fresh coat of paint and relive your honey moon every time you go to bed :)

heheh its going to be a bit for Animal Kingdom Lodge room stuff (Next week!!!)

Tiffany said:
This is not correct. Disney's Store name on Ebay is not MouseSurplus.

Correct. MouseSurplus does offically buy from Disney as a salvage reseller (they buy the stuff from Disney for resale), so it's verified merchandise but Disney has nothing to do with it after MouseSurplus buys it from them.

N.E.D.

I think it might be a cast member that is selling things perhaps, because Disney does sell things on ebay, but says its Disney. I used to be a CM, there is a wonderful place called Property Control. Basically its all the left overs and somewhat broken things that they decide they dont want to use anymore or cant use anymore and they sell them to Cast members. I once got a whole bunch of gorgeous christmas garland that was slightly faded from the sun there ( and I put it in a large box and shipped it home)
Heck I once saw some company cars for sale in this area. The stuff on the sellers store looks like things you can get at Property Control.

Very neat mind you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter