Furby. Ugh.

When they came out and it was the only thing my dd asked Santa for. Maybe we got a good one, but I have to say we were able to hold conversations with it and it was very cute. However, like all the other posters here, it would wake us up in the middle of the night and scare the crap out of us. We would be sound asleep and hear "oohhhhh" in that ET voice lolol. One night my husband got up chucked it across the living room and it smashed into 1000 pieces...no more furby :(

We got our money's worth out of the original ones when we moved. My brother was riding in the back of the moving truck listening to the boxes say "Dark. Scared." the entire ride! I bought a blue one in case my youngest wants one. If not I'll keep it myself.

Do you think they are suitable toys for a five year old girl?

I have a Goddaughter who has everything...two older sisters (so every toy under the sun), and very priviledged parents who can afford the best of everything for her. I need to find her a Christmas gift and wondered if a Furby would be appropriate.

Its my sister's daughter....if the darn thing is annoying as heck, it would actually be nice to know my big sis is being driven a little nutty as the result of the gift......:rotfl:.......I know, not nice but true!!! :rotfl2:

Ordered one from Walmart. Figured I could take back if needed to. The new ones are suppose to work/interact with an iPad app.

Do you think they are suitable toys for a five year old girl?

I have a Goddaughter who has everything...two older sisters (so every toy under the sun), and very priviledged parents who can afford the best of everything for her. I need to find her a Christmas gift and wondered if a Furby would be appropriate.

Its my sister's daughter....if the darn thing is annoying as heck, it would actually be nice to know my big sis is being driven a little nutty as the result of the gift......:rotfl:.......I know, not nice but true!!! :rotfl2:

I dunno, I think for pure irritation, Fijit would still win... but yes, even though the box says 6+, I think a 5-year-old will be fine. DSD21 had one of the originals, and it made me sooooo-oo-ooo happy to send it home with her to Texas when her visit was over....

Depending on how old the other nieces are, you might score a triple-hit... if DGD5 has it and the others start clamoring for it, your sister will be out $100+ to be triple-irritated. That would be worthy of the rotten sister hall of fame!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter