Funny Smell

ImTempest

Mouseketeer
While staying at BLT in June/July, I did a load of laundry. When I pulled it out of the dryer, I noticed all of the clothes smelled really bad, like a chemical smell. I ended up washing them twice before the smell went away. Then when I went to take a shower, I noticed the smell again very strongly in the shower water, but it faded after a couple of minutes. Anybody else had this problem at BLT?

I doubt if BLT has different water than the rest of the property. Disney water is probably treated with different chemicals than what your home town uses on their water supply so you notice it.

:earsboy: Bill

We stayed in a studio this June and I did a load of laundry at the Guest facilities and didn't notice a smell [and I have a very sensitive nose]. Wonder if the previous guest used something in the washer that caused it? :confused3

some people are saying it is sulfur in the water - but I have a problem with sulfur - allergic to it - so if I was drinking it think my system would have problems. It does not.

the new high power washers like BLT uses - they need to have the doors open when not in use - because they have a larger problem with mold - don't know why - but when I brought one got told to kept the door open until the inside was dry????

now all of the Florida's water taste a little different than what I get in Ala - until I move to a city that uses well water instead of lake water - that water was undrinkable - although they kept telling us the water was fine????? It would leave stain on your clothes as well as a smell. So got bottled water to drink and brought my clothes to a laundry mat (in another city) until I moved back.

after that Disney's water was fine!!!

My bad - I should have put in more details. We were off a Disney cruise, with a 10-day stay at BLT after. When we first got there, on Day 1 I did two loads of laundry (dirty clothes from the cruise) - no problem and no smell. It was another load I put in on Day 8 that was the problem. And since the smell was in the water in the shower and the kitchen water, I know it was something with the water supply. Needless to say, we didn't drink it.

I would contact DVCmembersatisfaction.com and let them know about your experience. It could be a combination of things but they might need to be aware that it happened. It could be that your laundry experience was because it was a front loading washer and the shower was another reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter