funny experiences meeting characters

ariel_459

Earning My Ears
anyone have any funny experiences meeting characters? rafiki stole my friends mickey ears and ran around with them for about 10 minutes, with my friend chasing after him.

We went to Minnie's house in Toontown and my 3 year old son lifted up Minnie's skirt to sneak a peek at her bloomers while they were trying to pose my son for pictures. The photographer laughed so hard that he couldn't take the picture.

If you've seen my avitar you've noticed Stitch with a pair of Mickey Mouse Ears. There is a very funny story behind it. I was a Cast Member on the College Program last spring/summer. We had our annual Summer Blast Party at the Magic Kingdom in August(I think). Lilo and Stitch were there signing autographs and just basically having fun. This was also the day of my College Program graduation and I had my Graduation Mouse Ears on. Stitch saw my ears as I passed him on the way to get food and he took them. He wouldn't give them back until I took a picture with him so I did and then just for fun I took a picture of him with my mouse ears. I will never forget the fun I had trying to get Stitch to give my ears back he kept holding them over my head, running away with them and such. Lilo and I find scolded him enough that I could get the pictures. That was my favorite memory from working down there and meeting the characters.

Also I caught Chip cleaning up the grassy area behind the rose garden one day. He was greeting kids and all of a sudden he jumped the fence and began cleaning. We were scolding him for it but the greeter was like he is such a good cleaner that we should leave him alone.

Sort of a different story here........

when we brought our grand daughter to DW the first time, she was only 4. She wanted to have an autograph book so she could get character autographs.

Well..........we're in the World Showcase area, and she insists that she needs her autograph book NOW.

She grabs the book and runs over to a family...just PARK VISITORS and she tells them that she NEEDS their autographs. :p

They were delighted with her and their signatures and comments to her were charming! One man wrote that her request MADE his trip! LOL LOL LOL

Our trip this last April, we didn't always have time to spend in line waiting for autographs. At one point, we saw Jessie and Bullseye at the MK. I gently reminded her that we didn't have a lot of spare time and she asked if we could spare ONE minute...."that's ALL I need, gramma" she said.

She stands near the two characters, opens her little autograph book and begins to SKETCH them! OMG it was SOOOOOOOOO funny! The horse sort of LOOKS like the horse!!!

One Christmas, back when they still filmed the parade live, we were sitting on Main Street Christmas day. During a commercial break, the Big Bad Wolf stole my toboggin (or however that is spelled!) This was the year MGM had opened, supposedly the coldest winter in 50 years. So my hat was VERY necessary. He stole it, I chased him, and the gingerbread men helped me get it back. Too funny!!

In March, when my boyfriend was there for his first time, the funniest thing was him trying to keep me away from all the male characters trying to flirt with me, mainly the guy from Treasure Planet. hehe It didn't work too well. ;)

I have a few cute stories. One time, I was playing with Goofy near the Partners statue. There is a little Goofy statue there, and I was posing like it. Goofy walks over, looks at the statue, then me, the back at the statue, then back at me, then starts laughing, and strikes the same pose himself.

Another time during an e-night, I was walking to Splash Mountain, and one of the countrie bears grabbed my arm, and we skipped through Froentierland to Splash Mountain together.

When my oldest nephew took his first trip to Disney World when he was three, he was very excited to meet Mickey. Well, there were crowds and crowds of people around Mickey, and my nephew couldn't get Mickey's attention. So, he ran over to Mickey, and kissed his butt because that was the only way he could get close to him.

Karen

When my oldest daughter was 3, we were in Morocco in WS. DD was napping in her stroller, and out came the Genie. He kept trying to tickle her with the curly-q from his chin, but she never did wake up...great pics though!

On the same trip, DD met the wicked queen from Snow White. She spoke to DD for a very long time, in a quiet voice which was in-character, but very nice. DD became obsessed with the queen that visit!

At the ice cream social last year, chip fed my 2yo ice cream. That was cute.

Last year, my Peter Pan fan (ds 3yo) had just bought a PP hat and sword and was wearing the hat sitting in his stroller. We then spotted Capt Hook, Smee and Wendy. Wendy gave ds a kiss at which point Capt Hook chased her and tied her up with one of the cordon ropes. All the while this was going on, Wendy was calling to ds 'save me Peter, save me Peter'. DS was far too shy to participate, but talked about nothing else for weeks afterwards.

On our 2000 trip, we went to Exhibition Hall because we had been told that all 7 dwarfs were there. My DD (then 4) was wearing a sun dress made by her great-grandmother. The material was a Snow White print with all of the dwarfs. The dwarfs really fussed over her and insisted that they take her picture (with their camera--provided by one of the staff) to keep in "their" house. It was so cute.

Same trip, same place, my DS (then 20 months) was asleep in the stroller and Sleepy went over and laid down beside the stroller w ith him for a good 5-10 minutes.

HauntedMansionGeek,

That's funny. We had the reverse experience.

My sister-in-law would always put the date and location of autographs in my nephews books after they got the autograph. Well she was doing this one time, while my brother, nephews and I were standing around her. She was passing the books back to the boys, when a passing person said "there's not a long line for this person, let's get her autograph first".

We had to explain that what we were doing and that she wasn't anyone famous. LOL

DS still talks about the swordfight he had with Mr. Smee.

So much fun. I wonder if there could be more "fun" if there weren't so much time spent on autographs. Our kids didn't get autographs on the last trip and this seemed to work in helping to give the characters time to play, but some seemed at a total loss of what to do.

We were in Exposition Hall with the dwarfs. DD and DS were having a wonderful time and Dopey took the stroller with 8-month-old DS sleeping and walked him around and around. What a precious memory that is!

2 years ago at MGM, the Pooh characters (Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore) were out back, each had their own trailer with their own lines for pictures. I got in line for Pooh and by that time Eeyore's line was done and he was back in his trailer. When I got to Pooh, we took a picture but then he wouldn't let go. I giggled a bit figuring he'd let me go, but no, we walked off, leaving a line of others wanting pictures, over to Eeyore's trailer, where he (or she???) gave me a big hug. My friends that day were calling him Winnie the Perv after that :) But I have pictures of him dragging me off to Eeyore's so that's a nice memory!

My own story happened to me. My partner and I were at the MK when he spotted Chip and Dale surrounded by kids. Knowing that they're my favorite (not including MICKEY!), he insisted that I wait for a pic.
I was just too darn embarrassed and said so. He walked over and insisted. I tried calling him back several times and finally, in frustration, said rather loudly, "No! They're here for the kids!!!" And he yelled back, "But they're your favorites! You have to!"
And stubborn me wouldn't.
'Lo and behold, Chip and Dale RAN over to me and grabbed me, and refused to budge, mugging for the camera, shaking and prodding me "demanding" that I smile for the picture. It's the best one taken yet!

Originally posted by RickinNYC
Chip and Dale RAN over to me and grabbed me, and refused to budge, mugging for the camera, shaking and prodding me "demanding" that I smile for the picture. It's the best one taken yet!
That is hilarious! Did you punch or kiss your partner after that? ;)

On 7/5 we went to Cape May Cafe for the character breakfast and Chip stole my DH's wallet. He had it on the table while we waited for our waitress to bring back our card. When my DH would put out his hand for the wallet, Chip would shake hands with him and switch the wallet over to his other hand like he didn't have it. He did this for a little while and then gave the wallet back.

My DD's absolute favorite is Pluto. She always has a Pluto pin or shirt on.
When she was 9, we went to the breakfast at H & V. She was wearing her Pluto shirt, hat and numerous pins!
When Pluto came over she was so excited, gave him a hug, etc!
But then after we got the picture with him....
He started teasing her....tickling, etc...it was very funny. Then just when she thought he was going to leave her alone...he grabbed her Pluto hat!
She chased him around the restaurant for amost 10 minutes.
Then he ran off to the kitchen. She was shocked. She knew she wasn't allowed back there. I just told her to wait and when he gets back he will give the hat back!
He came out wearing the hat, and just walked around like nothing was going on. And pretended like everything was normal. My DD wasn't tall enough to reach the hat, but just kept following him. After the whole place started laughing and having fun with it.....Pluto finally bent over and let her have the hat back.

Surprise......It had his autograph on it AND he had added another Pluto pin to her collection!!!

It was the most fun we've ever had at a character breakfast!!!

I love reading these!!

On our last trip ds8 was afraid of of the villains, but would still pose with them and get autographs. When it came to Jafar however it took a lot of arm twisting. When he got up there Jafar signed his book and then threw it on the ground. Ds turns around and says "Hey, that's rude you should know better!" So while posing for the picture Jafar kept pushing ds in the back and then as ds was walking away he made sure to wipe off any "germs" left by my son.

Same trip at MGM, we were walking along when Pinochhio (sp?) skipped up and grabbed my ds by the hand. They skipped off together to a character meet and greet spot and ds was first in line for a picture and autograph.

And my ds thinks that the Princess Jasmine has a crush on him to this day ;) !

In 1991 DH visited WDW and I was sitting in Tomorrowland and Pluto came up to me, grabbed me and started slow dancing with me. Then he started going faster and faster and spinning us in circles . . .DH has it all on tape.:p

1999 we were having b-fast at 1900 Park Fare and I think Alice was coming on to my DH:eek: She came over to him and said "what is that?" and DH was like "what?" and she said "on your face?" and DH said "a beard" and Alice said "a beard? what is a beard?" DH got all red and flustered . . .it was hysterical. :p

My wife and I were at Disneyland, and as we were leaving Goofy was hanging out near the main st station. A little boy about 3 went up to Goofy, Goofy bent down and gave the little boy a hug, and the little boy just hung on. My wife and just watched and smiled. It's amazing how the Characters can touch someone and make them want to hang on and never let go.

Keep the stories coming, these are great!

Here's one of my experiences... My fiance & I arrived at the contemporary and decided to eat at chef mickey's since it was dinner time. Well, my favorite character is Goofy and I managed to get pictures with everyone BUT goofy until I got my dessert plate. When I did, right before I could start eating, Goofy came by and took my plate from me and made me walk around the whole resteraunt with him before he gave my plate back! I managed to get my plate back, but every time I went to take a bite he would come by and tap me on the shoulder or give my fiance a kiss! :p it was ssooooooooo funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter