funny experiences meeting characters

When DD was about 2 1/2, Cinderella came out in toontown, took her out of my arms and took off with her.

Eeyore took our stroller one time and pushed it for a while.

"Matt?"...Cpt Jack Sparrow's helper took my 21 y.o. sister's sucker on the last trip.

We had several cute interactions while we were there in January.

1) Chip and Dale kept tickling DD 5. It was her birthday, so maybe they thought she needed a birthday tickle? I dunno - but it was hysterical!
IMG_0200.jpg

2) DD met Aladdin, Jasmine, and the Genie in Morocco in Epcot. She adores Jasmine and Aladdin and was so excited to meet them, esp. Aladdin (she had already met Jasmine at breakfast.) Aladdin convinced DD to give him a kiss! It was so cute!
DisneyPhotoImage80.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage81.jpg

3) When she met Aurora in France, DD dropped into a huge curtsy. Aurora played with her very well. It was quite sweet.
untitled5.jpg

4) DD kept trying to copy Minnie's poses, with her foot out in front. Then they both just kept laughing!
DisneyPhotoImage146.jpg

untitled2.jpg

5) DD was so excited to meet Alice in Wonderland. But she was not too keen on the Mad Hatter. We got him to move away so he wouldn't be in the picture, but instead he climbed up a tree and was hanging in it in the background. So funny!
IMG_0211.jpg

My own story happened to me. My partner and I were at the MK when he spotted Chip and Dale surrounded by kids. Knowing that they're my favorite (not including MICKEY!), he insisted that I wait for a pic.
I was just too darn embarrassed and said so. He walked over and insisted. I tried calling him back several times and finally, in frustration, said rather loudly, "No! They're here for the kids!!!" And he yelled back, "But they're your favorites! You have to!"
And stubborn me wouldn't.
'Lo and behold, Chip and Dale RAN over to me and grabbed me, and refused to budge, mugging for the camera, shaking and prodding me "demanding" that I smile for the picture. It's the best one taken yet!

That is a great story! :thumbsup2

Gideon (from Pinocchio) wiped a "booger" on me because I told him he was a naughty kitty for making Pinocchio miss school. :rotfl:

We were in Epcot and Mulan walked up to my son, who was sitting in his stoller. She said, "Oh, you are just too cute!" And she gave him a kiss!

evidently this is only funny to me and stitch, but during MNSSH in 2005, when he was in the timekeeper/monsters inc building, we decided to replace him with the tiny stuffed stitch and try to convince the people in line behind me that the stuffed one was the real one and was waiting to meet them. although i don't think they spoke english, so it was even more ludicrous than i make it sound.

tried pulling the same sort of thing at DAK, where stitch went as far as to pluck a leaf off a tree and place it on his head to 'camouflage' himself.

he was also awesome at MVMCP last year during the dance party. it was slow so i got him off to the side and he started freak dancing for the camera.

i think due to flash issues, this photo is way too dark, but it's worth taking a good look at:

132389610-S-1.jpg

the best to me though is when the characters are so out of their mind bored that they instigate on their own. here, hook & smee plot a sneak attack on an unsuspecting couple which has them literally running throughout the park and tackling eachother:

100423077-S-2.jpg
100423750-S-2.jpg
100424018-S-2.jpg

last time around, i saw foulfellow and gideon contemplating buying a mickey bar.

ETA: forgot this one.. genie and abu window shopping

132385593-S-1.jpg

This is such a great thread!!

DF took me on my very first trip to WDW last year (I'm 24). I thought there was no way I would want anything to do with the characters, but I freaked when I saw Tigger.

So anyway my story. Tigger, Eeoyre and Pooh were signing and doing pictures. there was one line for all three. Eeoyre was in the middle and kids kept passing him up to go from Tigger to Pooh. So when it was my turn, I made a big deal of skipping Tigger (even though hes my fav) and going right to Eeoyre. Well after that Eeoyre wouldn't let me go. People would come up to have there turn and he'd motion them to just skip him like everyone else. It was great!

OMG! I totally forgot about this! lol

Thanks for bringing this thread back!

I have so many more interactions now that make this one seem tame!

My best memory regarding characters at a Disney park can't be characterized as funny but it is, for me, one of the reasons why I do think of Disney as “Magical”.

Several years ago I was at Epcot Center with my wife, in the open area that comprises Universe of Energy and Horizons (yes, it was a long time ago…) when we saw a woman with a companion, approaching Mickey and she began to touch his face (she was blind). Mickey gestured to some other characters (I don't remember very well, I think they were Goofy and *maybe* Chip and Dale) and they approached and stood very still to allow the woman to feel their faces also. It was really a beautiful moment that showed a lot of compassion and understanding.

My best memory regarding characters at a Disney park can't be characterized as funny but it is, for me, one of the reasons why I do think of Disney as “Magical”.

Several years ago I was at Epcot Center with my wife, in the open area that comprises Universe of Energy and Horizons (yes, it was a long time ago…) when we saw a woman with a companion, approaching Mickey and she began to touch his face (she was blind). Mickey gestured to some other characters (I don't remember very well, I think they were Goofy and *maybe* Chip and Dale) and they approached and stood very still to allow the woman to feel their faces also. It was really a beautiful moment that showed a lot of compassion and understanding.

How wonderful!
It brought tears to my eyes :)

When my friends I went to the DPPP on 1/26 we went to LTT before the party started. Well the first character we met at our table was Dale. All I did was tell him to pose so I could just have a picture of him... he basically did a hand stand against the closest wall to our table! It was too funny! We weren't expecting it at all! :O)

that reminds me.. chip.. i guess making sure the camera was working okay

100253054-M-2.jpg

ETA: for some reason, i neglected this.. it's in my avatar.. nothing will ever top this (although it's from DL)

133422858-S-1.jpg

On my kid's first trip to WDW, DS8 "stitch" , DD5 "princess" head out from our perfect breakfast at CRT...& we are let into Fantasyland at Rope Dope. We head straight for Winnie Pooh, only to run into Tigger, who proceeds to ride in the honey pot sitting in the middle of my kids. "princess" kept telling Tigger, "there you are, there you are" through the WHOLE ride. MAGIC :wizard:

We were at MGM Studios this past Friday and were sitting on the benches near Sounds Dangerous so we were right in front. The Queen from Snow White came walking very close to us, I said Hi Queen and she just stared at me. So I said "Happy Holidays" since it was the christmas parade and she said "To early for That" I replied "Happy Thanksgiving" and she said "Too Late for That" always staring me straight in the eye, and not breaking character. The kids loved it! :lmao:

Chip and Dale fought over my daughter last Wednesday at MGM. When she first walked up to get her picture made, Chip grabbed one hand and kissed it. Then Dale grabbed her other hand and kissed it. Then they started pulling on her arms.

DSC01948.jpg

Then Chip rips his vest open and holds up his fists for a fight. Dale then pretended to rip his heart out and throw it on the ground and stomp on it.

DSC01949.jpg

Finally Chip hugs Dale and tells him he wins. Dale took my daughter by the arm and started to walk off with her. He was waving goodbye to everyone. The handler finally convinced him he had to stay and greet everyone else.

DSC01950.jpg

I just discovered this thread, and want to add some of my own:
1. Back when CSC was playing the characters would come down in between shows for pictures/autographs. I was waiting to see Mickey when it happened- he got down on one knee and "proposed" (I don't remember what happened to cause it). It was the sweetest thing. I then asked him what would Minnie say. So he put his finger to his mouth in the "shhhh" motion.
47b7d803b3127cce85ee3931e69f0000003.jpg

2. This is also from CSC. I was waiting for Pluto to come down, so I could see where he would go for pictures. Well, he took my hand and walked me over to his spot (and I was first in line). The picture was great:
P2241409.jpg

3. I was picked by Alice and Mad Hatter to ride in a teacup with them:
47b7d803b3127cce85ef8fd147580000003.jpg

4. I was fought over by the Tweedles. Is that an honor?
47b7d803b3127cce85e88fd7a6bb0000003.jpg

47b7d803b3127cce85e88c66e6930000003.jpg

5. I got lucky enough to see Prince John and the Sheriff in Toontown. The Sheriff tried to steal my money and got huffy when I wouldn't give it to him. I asked Prince John how his mommy was doing, and he did his signiture PJ pose (pulling his ear, thumb to his mouth). For the picture, we are doing the PJ pose:
47b7d611b3127cceba26ddcde4a10000002.jpg

This has to be one of the most touching stories I have ever heard. The Magic of Disney never ceases to amaze me.:)

When my DS was 4, we took our first trip to WDW with him
Well, he had been afraid of The Big Bad Wolf

We went to the Cape May Cafe character breakfast and I went up
to fill my plate, when I came back, my husband asked if I heard my son screaming. I did not, but he explained when Goofy came to say hi to
my son, he lost it

he thought he was The Big Bad Wolf :rotfl:
Poor little guy

This one happened last week during our trip
We took our DS7 and DS4 to get their photo with Stitch
He also signed the autograph books
When the pics were done, I was going to put the books and the pen
back in my bag
We didn't have the pen, couldn't find it anywhere
Meanwhile, the CM is saying "Thank You" and trying to move us along
Well, it turns out Mr Stitch hid our pen in his ear :lmao:

Donald is my son, Carter, most favorite....so of course we had to get a picture with him. :love: We found him and Daisy and the boys got a picture with them. They were wearing their hats which had the mickey face and ears....well donald took Carters hat and put in on his tail feather. I thought that was the end of liking Donald as no one could take his hat!!! :eek: But Carter turned and looked for it and Donald kept turning so he couldn't see it. Daisy then started to help Carter and they got the hat so Carter turned to Donald and said "Thats not nice!" to which Donald got down and gave him a hug!! Mind you, the entire time Carter was laughing with Donald.

The next year, when we saw Donald the first thing out of Carters mouth was "Don't take my hat this time". The kid still talks about it and he was 2 when that happened!! :rotfl:

A few years back we were at Epcot on Jan.2 and for some odd reason found Sleeping Beauty(Princess Aurora-or however everyone refers to her) in a garden in France with no one around(that was the odd part). Anyway, we were there with our 16 month old DD who just fell in love with her and ended up having her own half hour playtime with Sleeping Beauty. She sat in Sleep Beauty's lap and they just kept throwing helicopters and having a wonderful time together. Our DD would take a few steps away from her and then just run back into her lap and give her big hugs. This is probably one of our best memories that we have of coming down to Disney even after being there more times than we can count. Our DD is now 3 and Sleeping Beauty is still her favorite princess. It was fun because she had no idea who Sleeping Beauty was before that but like I said before, it is a wonderful memory to have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter