Funny Dis Mishap Stories

Bichon Barb

<font color=darkorchid>Mmmmm. French fries. Oh to
Enjoyed the Disney Souvineer stories! How about funny mishaps at WDW.

When my younger son was 2 1/2, we stayed at FW in my in-laws motorhome. My husband and our 4 1/2 yo son went to the pool. The little guy was still in diapers, but he was old enough to know he shouldn't be and liked his privacy -- if ya know what I mean. So I told him I'd wait outside while he did what he had to do. I walked out and shut the door. As soon as I did this, I realized it would lock. I tried for about 45 minutes to talk him through unlocking the door, but he couldn't get it. When my DH and DS got back, I discovered that they didn't have a key with them. We tried another half hour trying to get the little guy to open the door, but he kept going back to the TV and watching cartoons. DH had a great idea. He went over to the power hook up and pulled the plug. That got the little guy's attention.

There is a bedroom in the back of the motorhome, but the bed is very high up. I don't know how he did it, but DS was able to climb up, and we talked him through opening two emergency window levers. We popped the window open and hoisted the 4 1/2 year old through, and he was able to unlock the door. Whew!

The story is funny now, but believe me, it wasn't funny at the time. I was ready to call in the National Guard.

B. Barb

April 1997. My dd is turning 5 during this trip. We are all excited, and arrive very happy. First day we head to Garden Grill for dinner. Uh Oh.... Characters. Which we thought she would be happy to see. She was... from a distance.

Because her first glimpse of characters was at a meal, and she saw them sit down at a table, she refused to eat at a table. THE ENTIRE TRIP.

The second day we did several wild rides, and then at MGM did the backlot tour. After doing body wars and star tours and a couple of other ones, we thought wow... she is doing great - the wilder the better. Well, she hadn't eaten much that day, only a couple of snacks (THANK GOODNESS it wasn't more) and proceeded to throw up everything during the backlot tour ride - you know about as CALM as a ride gets!!! We think she got sick from the heat of the ride and the fact that she had eaten junk only - ice cream and chocolate (refusing to eat anything we got at lunch or breakfast as a character MIGHT sit down with her even in places there were no characters and mom and dad promising profusely that they would NOT sit next to her).

Luckily we were the last row of the last car (the poor couple sitting next to us- at least they didn't get any on them!!!). After the ride we told the CMs and they retired that car. Hubby went to clean his shoes, and DD and I went to wash her up (what we could) and proceeded to spend a fortune for a new outfit, and underwear and shoes.... because we couldn't clean it all up.

From that point on during the vacation we spent every minute in line shoving animal crackers and cheese and crackers into her. We have a bunch of mommy with character pics, and daddy with character pics, and not a single one with our dd and a character. And she succeeded in eating NOTHING at a meal the entire trip despite making us order for her. As soon as the food arrived she clammed up and started staring around looking for the big furry things.

Lainy, that is too funny. Try to reason with a five year old, right?

At the time these things happen, you are really upset. But when you look back, the mishaps make the funniest memories.

B. Barb

Well my family thinks its funny. At chef Mickeys we were all doing the napkin waving dance when Goofy came up behind me and started to dance too. Well, I being a doof, did not notice turned right around, got knocked by Goofy and went flying into a table!! Table crash, dishes everywhere. Everyone looking at me!! All the characters and waitstaff come over to help out. So even more people, looking at me. Goofy dusts me off, Donald trys to brush me with his tale, Mickey and Minnie put their hands over their mouths with laughter!!! Then they start the napkin music again and dance myself and my 3 kids into the conga line. I was sooooo embarassed. Good side, they comped the meal and apologised for Goofy many times. Every time my kids see Goofy now they ask him if he remembers hip checking their Mom into the dinner table. He always says YUP!!!!

This is hearsay from my mother. My sister is 24 years younger than me and on her first trip ex-utero she was 3. She was potty trained but refused to "go" when she was in the parks. Everytime my Mom took her into a bathroom, she said that the screams were like someone was trying to kill her. She was fine when they went back to their room, but wanted no part of a public restroom.

At least you didn't say your daughter screamed at the meals, Lainy.

My parents have always been of the belief that old-fashioned training pants are best because the child won't like it when the wet runs down their legs. That was their strategy at WDW. They just took extra clothes into the parks each day. At one point my Mom called me and said that she thought that Jaime's eyes would be turning yellow soon because she was holding everything in for so long.

Luckily for them, there was typically only one accident per day and it only took her 5 days (out of 7) to decide she could actually use the public facilities.

At 3 my DD put her head through the some railings at EPCOT and got stuck. CM was very helpful, but grandpop saved the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter