Funny but new Disneyland holiday decoration..

Acesurfercarter

Hey Look!! I'm On Invisible Mode!!
Hey, I went to DLR yesterday and I guess it was just one of those weekends that aren't important and is the time when disney takes down the Halloween decor for the long awaited winter season decorations. I found this one a little silly because it wasn't done:D
287022112.jpg
Maybe the snow fairy missed a couple spots?
287022111.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I don't like it though. BUT, it does look a million times better than the castle being turned into that horrid pink cake. ;)

Thanks for sharing. I don't like it though. BUT, it does look a million times better than the castle being turned into that horrid pink cake. ;)

Are you talking about something they did to the WDW castle? How unfortunate. DL's castle was beautiful for the 50th.

Cool with the snow!

Yes, the horrid pink cake was what they did to the WDW castle for WDW's 25th Anniversary in 1996. I had the distinct displeasure of seeing it in person! LOL!

I don't think it was so much an unimportant weekend as it was time for them to start the transformation.

Never quite sure about posting links to other sites on here so I will share in this way:

Here is a link to the official press release on Disneyland News.
(If that is not allowed, mods, please delete the link.)

Here is the excerpt from the release that talks about the castle, snow, etc... at DLR:

"Snow Blankets Sleeping Beauty Castle, Creating New Look For The Holidays At Disneyland Resort

ANAHEIM, Calif. (October 26, 2007) – New enchantment arrives in Disneyland as the holiday season finds “Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle” covered in freshly fallen snow. With its exciting new look, the Castle will serve as a shimmering centerpiece for a daytime holiday celebration, and as a snow-capped stage for the new music, lighting and special effects that will precede the legendary “Believe ... in Holiday Magic” nighttime fireworks spectacular.

The Castle will create a magical sense of wintertime enchantment throughout the holidays at Disneyland, adding to the many delights that traditionally welcome guests when Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure parks are transformed into dazzling holiday wonderlands.

By day, “Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle” will be a sparkling Disneyland landmark and photo location for holiday visitors from around the world. As evening arrives, the Castle will undergo a transformation as special lighting effects and a new musical score take guests on a journey that dramatizes a young child’s dream for snow!

This magical spell will build to the highlight of the evening: the fireworks spectacular, “Believe ... in Holiday Magic,” which will take guests on a journey of sights and sounds of the season and will end with a touching rendition of “White Christmas” and one of Disneyland’s most beloved holiday traditions: a climactic snowfall that swirls down on Main Street, U.S.A., small world mall and New Orleans Square. To top it all off, the beautiful blanket of snow on the Castle will begin to shimmer like never before!

Such holiday magic may be found throughout the day in both Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure during the holiday season. Themed entertainment, sparkling decorations, tasty treats and the annual holiday transformations of “it’s a small world” and the Haunted Mansion will add festive seasonal fun and warmth to Disneyland Resort visits from November 16 through January 6...."

I appreciate what they are trying to do, but I am a native Southern Californian. No snow here! (well, except for the mountains)

From the pictures, it looks like the smurfs have invaded Fantasyland. :rotfl:

And I am so glad I missed out on that cake / scary clown castle :scared1:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

The Disneyland castle is going to have snow gradually put on it as it gets closer to Christmas.

Don't ask me how I know this...

;) I won't. But I know things too. :bitelip: Maybe we should start our own group! Then we can share all the little secrets that are not public yet. :lmao:

I am referring to this....
sorry! I think it was horrid.

castlecake.jpg

You think that is bad. I went to WDW on our hone moon during this ugly cake year. Had not been there since a kid. So I have a pic of us kissing at the castle. Just not what I was hoping for. I wanted the real castle. Funny I can not find any pics of the Castle other than that one as I was too disappointed to take a pic.

On a side note dont forget you can change your theme for disboards, right now I have the Christmas one on cause I just like it :thumbsup2

I'm a born and raised So. Cali girl myself and really I kind of like how the castle looks with the snowy patches. I'm looking forward to taking the kids many times this season for the "snow." My boys always liked it and now with our little princess being 1 yr old she is going to love it! This is one of my favorite times to be in Disneyland. I was wondering about the snow on the castle and how it would end up looking though when I heard about it a bit ago but its not bad at all.

BTW, I remember seeing pics of that horrible pink castle cake in WDW. :sad2: I also know many were afraid that something bad like that was going to end up happening here to the DL one for the 50th. Thankfully it didn't and it looked lovely. I'd love to know what the higher ups were thinking when they decided though on that WDW thing. :lmao:

oh and also WOO-HOO with the new decs in Haunted Mansion Holiday :D. Small World... that's another story.... lol

I'm a born and raised So. Cali girl myself and really I kind of like how the castle looks with the snowy patches. I'm looking forward to taking the kids many times this season for the "snow." My boys always liked it and now with our little princess being 1 yr old she is going to love it! This is one of my favorite times to be in Disneyland. I was wondering about the snow on the castle and how it would end up looking though when I heard about it a bit ago but its not bad at all.

BTW, I remember seeing pics of that horrible pink castle cake in WDW. :sad2: I also know many were afraid that something bad like that was going to end up happening here to the DL one for the 50th. Thankfully it didn't and it looked lovely. I'd love to know what the higher ups were thinking when they decided though on that WDW thing. :lmao:

Oh yea I totally agree with ya! Going to DLR during this time of the year has become a family tradition every year. It is my favorite holiday and my favorite time of the year to go there. One of my favorite things during the holidays is the snow falling...it is so cool! And I love it. I am again looking forward to going and seeing all the snow and stuff again this year!

Now call me tasteless but that pink castle is hysterical1

Oh yea I totally agree with ya! Going to DLR during this time of the year has become a family tradition every year. It is my favorite holiday and my favorite time of the year to go there. One of my favorite things during the holidays is the snow falling...it is so cool! And I love it. I am again looking forward to going and seeing all the snow and stuff again this year!

Not to mention the yummy holiday foods.:goodvibes I just have to hope the fireworks don't scare Skylar cause she is only 13 months old and we have never stayed that late with her yet. But this time of year we usually do stay for that and make it a point to go for it in the past. We had found a great spot to watch from and then go over to an area for the snow that was away from the craziness of Main St. LOL If she does well we will go a few times for it then. I love how this time of year because such a tradition for so many families. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter