• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Funniest thing you've seen at a wedding

We didn't notice it until we watched the video, but at our reception one of the kids in attendance was beating the you know what out of the other kids. She was literally terrorizing the dance floor through out the reception (she was about 7 at the time). At one point you just see her crossing the corner of the screen dragging some poor little boy by his legs. It was hysterical :lmao:

Another wedding the best man did the toast and referred to his wife (who was sitting with me as both our DH's were in the wedding party) as his "current" wife. The whole place errupted in laughter, she was mortified. It still comes up today at get togethers.

This is just a personal one of mine, but I just lose it (think full body, hysterical laughter with tears streaming down the face) everytime they sing Wind beneath my Wings at a wedding. For some reason they ALWAYS have this song on my dad's side of the family. Luckily it is usually before the ceremony while the guests are being seated so I have time to compose myself. People probably think I am having convulsions and it is a big reason why we tend to show up late now to ceremonies (I know....we are "those" people).

Hmm, haven't been to many funny weddings. A funny moment I can think of is at my brother wedding a few years ago. My daughter (who was 4 at the time) was the flower girl. She refused to walk down the aisle. She just stood at the end of the aisle staring at everyone. A whole bunch of people ended up trying to coax her down. It was funny to see everyone near the front of the aisle on their knees like they were calling a dog, "Come here, M, come on, you can do it." :rotfl: I ended up having to get up and walk her down, holding her hand. :rolleyes1

This was the same wedding where the bride's half-brother got into a fight with her father, who happened to be high and drunk and the bride ended up crying in the bathroom for quite awhile. Once the father of the bride got kicked out, things were much more pleasant and it turned out to be a fun wedding.

My cousin was recently married in a gorgeous chapel located on the campus of The U of Maryland. A huge hawk-like bird got into the chapel and was flying around crapping on everything and everyone:rotfl: Really took away from the sentiment of the ceremony but Holy Crap..there wasn't a dry eye in the place from laughing so hard:lmao:

I don't think i've ever seen a literal translation of that term before!!!:lmao:

At mine I had a great aunt who was about 80 at the time and very hard of hearing. Well my husband to be walks down the aisle with the minister and she turns to her sister and yells " WHO'S THAT?",
her sister/my grandmother says "Its XX"
Aunt- WHO?!
grandmother- XXX, The GROOM!
Aunt- Oh?

And they had met many times before!:lmao:

Also, I had a beach wedding- the day before the bridal party was hanging out at the beach with some family members. One of my bridesmaid's boyfriend was playing with my 3yo ring bearer- they were throwing sand balls at each other. So the next day at the ceremony, the boyfriend looks at the ring bearer and the 3yo is balling up sand, looking at the boyfriend and shaking his head as in "yes, this is going to you":rotfl: But his mom caught him and made him drop the sand:lmao:

Hmmm...well...I went to a wedding recently where the "bar" consisted of three of those atheletic type coolers like they have on the sidelines at football games with handwritten signs on them identifying what was inside (e.g. '7-Up and Jack'). Frat party chic.

In our professional wedding video, and the better one my SIL took for us, there are many images when looking down the aisle to the back of the church of DH's aunt leaning into the aisle, holding her camcorder up, taking pictures. She didn't realize until after the wedding that she didn't put a tape into the device. We still ask her to tape every event for us. It's the joke that keeps on giving! We just really appreciate that she tried to record our wedding for us.

At a wedding to which we were invited 2-3 years ago, the BM gets up to give his toast. He proceeds to say that his brother obviously paid attention to the adage that a woman will look like her mother as she gets older. He said his brother had selected very well since A's mother was beautiful. Then, he asks the bride if she'd ever taken a look at their father. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: The room was in stitches and everyone always brings up his wedding toast as one of the funniest ones ever.

Some of these are very funny- some make me cringe a little

At my oldest sister's wedding- my other sister got inebriated at the reception and sat down at a table with her husband's family- and did a running commentary on the wedding party and guests... the problem- was that the camera filming the reception was right there next to her- and her commentary was on the video. The next morning I popped the video into the VCR and we watched the wedding at the small post wedding get together- at my parent's home. I was sitting on the floor- and could hear my sister so I started slowly turning down the volume on the set until it was basically muted. Luckily when it got to the really bad parts- most people were saying goodbye and heading home.

At my wedding- our son was 6 months- (yes we did it backwards) and we assumed his "dress" shoes were fine- but apparently his foot had grown a bit- and the shoes were tight- he cried for the start of the ceremony until his godmother took him out and was checking him to see if anything was poking him and took his shoes off and he was silent. While sitting up on the alter though- I nudged my husband and asked if he thought that was a bad omen- he didn't appreciate the comment- so I'm cracking up laughing and he's bright red.

Also at my wedding there was a strange couple that came in just as we were about to get started- I assumed they were with my husband's family- he assumed they were with mine (we had a pretty small ceremony with like 75 guests total). At the end of my ceremony one of my friends stopped to help them out of the pew (they were old) and she asked who they were- and found out that they were at the wrong wedding. We got a great shot of them in our video though lol.

I attended a wedding where disposable cameras were placed on each table for guests to take pictures of themselves for the bride and groom to later develop.
Well the alcohol flowed and many of these cameras ended up finding their way to the rest rooms. The bride and groom had a VERY INTERESTING collection of anonymous body part photos.

At one wedding, during the wedding dance "I'm too sexy" started to play & the groom went out to the middle of the dance floor & started dropping clothes:scared1:

Bride in full princess ball gown peeing in a urinal (wedding party was called in to witness the event and take photos)…she figured it would be easier to mount the urinal then to try and if into a stall :confused3

She was a real class act
DING DING DING We have a WINNER!:thumbsup2 :lmao:

OK. This takes the cake for weirdness ... try to picture this.... for a late afternoon wedding. The groom was a clothing designer. Not a famous couture-type designer but a designer for a very large manufacturer who provides clothes to places like Sears, Penneys, etc. At the wedding, as you drove through the party center's long winding tree-lined entry, he had placed 'blow up' dolls on metal support stands spaced about every 150 feet along the side of the road. There must have been 30 of them. Each one was wearing one of his designs - casual wear, summer dresses, a wedding dress, even PJ's and one in a bathing suit coverup! But, oh wait, it gets better! Each 'doll' had a couple of helium baloons tied to its wrist. So, it looked like they were oddly waving, like zombies, at each car as it passed! :scared1: It was sooooooo eerie and creepy. We were so astounded that we drove through the exit and went back around to drive through and see it again! Inside, we barely made it through the processional. We were trying to properly contain our 'shoulder-shaking' laughter as the bride entered the ceremony because all we could picture in our minds was her walking down the aisle, waving to absently to her guests, with baloons tied to her wrists.:rotfl:

Well, I guess if you can't make it to Bryant Park, this is the next best way to show your collection. :lmao:

Oh my, where should I start - and this is my own wedding!

My two flower girls had fits at different times about wearing their head pieces so I don't have any pics of them together dressed the same.

My husband's aunt who he hasn't spoken to in years, but invited out of respect to his grandparents, decided the sign of peace was the appropriate time to make amends and walked up to the sanctuary to greet us!

My cake crashed on the way to the reception, and my grandmother in law had to fix it with straws and extra icing she had made because she didn't like the first batch. My husband's aunt didn't know that I didn't know about the cake crashing and mentioned it in our receiving line outside of the church. his grandmother was horrified that I found out. To top it off she is a diabetic and didn't have time to eat before the wedding because she was fixing the cake so they stopped at McD's and brought lunch INTO the church. You could smell the fries wafting through the church.

The priest handed my husband my ring upside down so my husband thought it was the wrong ring and he refused to put it on my finger. I had to tell him to put it on me!

We have a pic of some guy dancing at our reception that no one recognizes. At least he is having a great time.

And the funniest thing -- watching my priest dance to Strokin'.

I thought of another one. To our wedding, my Dad's sister wore what looked like a strapless French maid's outfit, only with a pink bodice. She was about 45 then, and really the worse for wear if you KWIM. So, my Mom's uncle goes up to my Mom and Dad to ask who brought the hooker to our wedding. Mom and Dad laughed and told him that it was my Dad's sister.

Bride in full princess ball gown peeing in a urinal (wedding party was called in to witness the event and take photos)…she figured it would be easier to mount the urinal then to try and if into a stall :confused3

She was a real class act

That's classy with a K right there! :rotfl:

This happened at my wedding -

For whatever reason - the lady at the tux place wrote down a 46" waist for DH's tux pants - well - he was 36"! Of course, he was in charge of picking up his tux - day of wedding, which was at 7pm. So - he puts on these HUGE pants - and freaks - knowing I'm going to freak! Being the good redneck family - my uncle pulls off his CAMOFLAUGE GLOW ORANGE suspenders and gives them to DH so his pants won't fall down during the ceremony! To celebrate the fact that the crisis was adverted - (and to calm nerves, so I'm told) - my future DH, my Dad and my Uncle start doing tequila shots :scared1: ! DH was a little buzzed for the ceremony - during the part where the preacher asked him a direct question - you know the one that goes - "Do you take this woman to be your wife?" He didn't realize he was being addressed - and just had this blank look on his face - it was a 9-month pregnant pause!! OMG! (He did finally answer - after I squeezed the **** out of his hand!)

I actually didn't know about the tequila shots until about the first anniversary! And then to know that it was MY DAD and MY UNCLE that contributed to DH's delinquency - oy vey!

My brothers wedding my SILs dad walked her down the aisle in his garage shirt, holes and all and his name on the chest. DH didn't believe me for the longest time until we found the video, he almost peed himself laughing.

Our wedding my maid of honor was signing the license and her three year old REALLY wanted her attention and wasn't getting it. Finally he walked up behind her and lifted the back of her dress over her head, flashing everyone behind them. All of DH's French friends were trying not to laugh and look, she was ready to kill.

DS stuck cake up his nose at the reception, in the pictures it looks like he has a giant brown booger.

A friend of my family (my brother's best friend growing up) has always been a little odd. He married a girl even odder still. The bride made her own dress out of royal blue tafetta with lace overlay. She wore decorated Keds for shoes. They had a bag piper for their wedding instead of piano, organ, etc

The best things though, happened at the reception. The groom passed out on the bathroom floor with everything "hanging out". This sparked a fight that got physical---between the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom!!!! :scared1: :scared1:

Just mine.

The flower girl was nervous and refused to look up going down the aisle and walked right into the minister.

Unity candle went out in the middle of the service (MIL commented that it's a sign that marriages need work to stay lit....).

DH2B and I, during the rehearsal, didn't practice "the kiss" because, well, we'd kissed before, right? Well, his version of the kiss was longer than mine, and the whole congregation laughed as it looked like I was pushing him away. LOTS of reception comments about his new cold wife. Sigh.....

I know a few others who think it was me..

I was doing the limbo at my DD's wedding and had taken my shoes off.. Didn't realize how slippery the floor was and as I went under the stick, I fell and just kind of "rolled" away..

I was wearing a blue-green dress and was dubbed, "The Rolling Pickle"..

And yes - it was all caught on video..:eek: :eek: :eek:

More cute than funny. At my cousin's wedding (one month ago today), after the Unity candle was lit and it was nice and quiet, her 2.5 year old niece shouted "happy birthday".

It had been her older sister's birthday party the night before, so it was obviously the right thing to say at the time. :)

My brother-in-law got drunk at his wedding, and announced to the entire hall that he was going to be a father.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter