Funniest pet names?

I've heard of Dfer (D for Dog) and Cfer (C for cat).......in fact I once owned Bfer (B for Budgie)!!!

My grandmother had a cat take up residence in her backyard, and she started feeding it. My mother would ask her about her cat, and she'd say, "That's not my cat!" The cat became "Not, my cat". :rotfl:

DS's best friend has two labs named Timex and Rolex, so they are watch dogs!

I had a dachshund named Weiner and a cat named The Black Flash.

We have 3 English Springer in our family

Belle of Southern Comfort ( whiskey)

Jack n' a splash (whiskey)

Remi - short for Remington

and 1 Beagle

Roxy Rue - she is a tri-color spotted beagle with cinnamon coloring, hence the rue

Growing up, my best friend named her Siamese cat, J. C., which is short for Just Cat.

My dad used to raise beagles. He would choose a book or play, and named the puppies after characters, so I grew up with Desdemona, Grendel, Moses, Hamlet, Romeo and Richard III, among others. He made the mistake of letting the kids name one litter of puppies: Mustard, Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Relish, Malt Vinegar and Pickles. He didn't make that mistake again!

When his border terrier had her lone litter of puppies during the M*A*S*H era, he named them after some of the characters on the TV series, although he did have to delve into the books for female names. Hawkeye was my best dog for many years. He and Trapper John had many a play date and reunion at the vet's office, where their sister, Hot Lips (yes the adopters kept their names) joined them occasionally. Even Father Mulcahey kept his name.

DH named our cats Scotty and Sulu after the Star Trek characters. Just don't ask Sulu to take you to warp speed or Scotty to beam you up. They go all hypercat on you!

Got a few...

We named him Skip. Yes, a 3-legged cat named Skip.

I like that!
My 3 legged cat is named Weeble.
Knew another 3 legged cat named Ilean.
and a 3 legged dog named Peggy.

None have been "handicapped" at all.

I tend to giggle when a pet is given a more human name (and when a person is given a name that I tend to think is more "pet-like"). :-)

All of my dogs have 'people' names :)
I have Eli, Lacey, and Callie.
Eli doesn't really have a nickname, Lacey has become Lacey Pooh, not sure why, and Callie Berry (Halle Berry)

Had a friend who had a dog named Cuervo, I always liked that one.

We have Dale, Bristol Dover and Allison. All named after Nascar.
Dale is a Tuxedo cat. He was injured as a very young kitten. They thought he needed to have his paw amputated. So we were trying to come up with a name for a 3-legged cat. He is mostly black, and 3 legs... came up with Dale Earnhardt. (he didn't need his leg amputated luckily, but the name stuck)
We stuck with Nascar names with our labs.
Bristol and Dover are track names and Allison (Ally) is for the Allison family.

Some great names. I'll have to remember Skip if we ever get a 3 legged animal.

So, my brother's late cat was named Airplane. He works in a hangar. Our minister used to have a cat he named Mousy Tongue (I think he liked Asian history). And we have a dog who was called Buddha when we adopted him, but he ate so much (and still does!) we renamed him Buda Pest Hungry.

I used to be a vet and a lady came in with her cat one time named 11:30.

I remarked on the unusual name and asked her why they name him that. She replied, "He wasn't black enough to be called Midnight."

Loved that story!

this one is my favorite so far

Loving these names. Very cute.

Like others here, I had a habit of naming animals 'people names'. A cat named Vanessa, long before Ms. Williams, but medium grey and green eyes - very pretty and elegant. A Manx named (Where's) Waldo, who never sat still. A 20 lb. black cat, Orson (Wells). A Beagle, Otis (perfect name to howl - Ooooh-tis). A horse named Jenny (I nick-named Hinny, for all you farm folk).

DH had a white Jack Russell with a very large, brown spot, named, yep, Spot. He took her to a Tai-Chi retreat one afternoon. Someone had white kid's face paint. To the delight of his instructor, he used that to paint a Yin-Yang symbol on half of Spot's spot, including the little dot. :joker:

Cats-named by my brother and I when we were kids, Shere Khan, Bagheera (all black and very big). Mom named the next two-Garfield and Miss Kitty. We were disgusted....no Disney mom, really?? My cat, a Siamese neighbor cat mix, Walter. My guinea pig we inherited, Wilbur. Many Gold fish named Henry, Henry II, Henry III, etc....I'd like another cat--looking for 'Fred' and another pig--Kevin.
Don't know about a dog though...

I tend to giggle when a pet is given a more human name (and when a person is given a name that I tend to think is more "pet-like"). :-)
I'm the same way. Our neighbor has a cocker spaniel named Mark. Cracks me up whenever someone says his name.

When I was a teenager we got a basset hound. We named him Reginald Mervin, but called him Reggie. We picked Reggie because we thought a basset needed a dignified sounding name. We picked Mervin because it was a family joke. When my brother was 3 he called wedgies "mervins." We had no idea where that came from, but since it was so funny and random, we had to add it to Reggie's name.

Right now we have a havachon puppy named Oswald Checkmark Kenny or Ozzie. When he is being a rascal, my kids called him by his full name at first, but they would always stumble over the names, so now when he's in trouble they just call him O-C-K. And they wonder why he just stares at them like they're crazy.

My dad had a dog named Binky when he was growing up

Our dogs name is Kaner Patrick, after a certain hockey player.....

We have a yellow lab that the kids named "Bo"... I never thought that fit him. After we had him for a few weeks, I started calling him "Kitty" because for a dog, he sure acted a lot like a cat. My son says I'm gonna give him a complex. LOL. He doesn't seem to mind, and answers to both. It's hilarious to watch people's faces when I yell "Come here, Kitty!" and a 70 lb lab comes running!

We got our first cat when my son was 18 months old. We asked him what he wanted to name him and he said, "Him Jim." We had Jim for 15 years. We now have two cats, a male and a female named Boris and Natasha.

We've had a rabbit named Bandaid that was supposed to be Bandit, but youngest DD couldn't pronounce it and Bandaid stuck.

Two guinea pigs at different times named Cinnamonger, and Guinea.

A dog whose name I couldn't decide on and just said Hey You when I called her. So I kept that name but made it look Hawaiian, by spelling it Haiu.

We had hamsters named Rover and Bowser, hence my tag fairy tag.

A parakeet named Holly.

We had a cat named JD (Jack Daniels), and one named Tiger Lily that we had to change to Tigger after taking to the vet!

We had 2 pets that came with names that we didn't want to confuse by changing, so we just altered the spelling. A cat named Preshuss and a Dalmatian named Sheebah.

We now have Buttercup and Lily Belle. Daisy was Buttercup's littermate, but we lost her last year at the age of 14. We then got Lily Belle to keep Buttercup company, but she still misses Daisy and Lily is mean to her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter