Funniest pet names?

When I was a teen there was an older cat who would hang out near our house, he was friends with our kitty and we fed/took care of him. However, he had a bit of palsy so his tail shook all the time uncontrollably. We named him Shake N' Bake.

Back in the day there was also the classic MC Hamster.

We let our teenage DS name our last kitty we adopted 3 years ago; he is a huge Stars Wars fan and Marvel fan so you can image the names that were thrown out there; little kitty became Jango, short for Jango Fett the bounty hunter; fits him to a T; this cat is fearless and completely crazy but we love him immensely

I have two hairless Chinese cresteds.

The girl is Paris Hairless Hilton. That's her paper name and she gets called Paris Hairless. I only add the Hilton when she's been very bad.

We have a 7lb Yorkie named Hercules. My husband said that if we were getting a little dog, he had to have a big dog name. Usually gets a giggle when people first hear his name!

Now we have a female dog named Olive. It's a perfect name for her and we've actually met another little puppy named Olive as well.

We have an "Olive" as well, she's my favorite of our seven! She's a little "odd", so I named her that after the children's book "Olive the Other Reindeer".

Terri

These names are great! Our dogs have normal dog names, Prince Maximus (Max or fatty, for some reason he gets really excited when you call him fatty) and Oliver Twist (Ollie)

Growing up we had a German Sheperd named Big Dog. She was a stray that came to our house and never left. We also had cats named Black Kitty and Baby Kitty. Yeah, we were really creative.

I had a hamster when I was younger named "Toronto blue jays" no idea why I named him that but I did. My parents hated the name so he then became "hamster" the hamster.... Then shortened to hammy...

My aunt had a fluffy all white cat named Ohno. That's what her husband said when he came home and saw his wife had taken in yet another stray cat.

We have a 7lb Yorkie named Hercules. My husband said that if we were getting a little dog, he had to have a big dog name. Usually gets a giggle when people first hear his name!

:-D

At the place I used to work at, we had a tiny white Maltese that would come in. His mom picked him out and he would come in wearing his jewel encrusted tiny collar, or his faux fur/leather coat when it was cold. His dad made sure to pick the name - Diesel :-)

One of the other dogs, a big and stubborn bulldog was named Steve. I always thought that was funny.

I tend to giggle when a pet is given a more human name (and when a person is given a name that I tend to think is more "pet-like"). :-)

Funny stories from everyone.

We named our terrier Fletcher after the Jessica Landsbury character in Murder She Wrote (J.B. Fletcher). Our Fletcher was nosey and curious about her new home, so teh name seemed to fit. She earned the nickname "Poohpa" because we had a hard time training her to go #2 outside.

We have another dog named Molly, which isn't that unusual. But just like kids, you start giving them a nickname...Tomale (like TOW-MATER).

I was wondering if anybody named their dog "Tucker." I always wanted to do that, but it sounds like something else when you are loudly calling your dog in from outside.

:rotfl2:

Funny stories from everyone. We named our terrier Fletcher after the Jessica Landsbury character in Murder She Wrote (J.B. Fletcher). Our Fletcher was nosey and curious about her new home, so teh name seemed to fit. She earned the nickname "Poohpa" because we had a hard time training her to go #2 outside. We have another dog named Molly, which isn't that unusual. But just like kids, you start giving them a nickname...Tomale (like TOW-MATER). I was wondering if anybody named their dog "Tucker." I always wanted to do that, but it sounds like something else when you are loudly calling your dog in from outside. :rotfl2:

My aunt has a Havanese named tucker! haha I didn't even think of that!

We have a fishtank so we have those sucker fish that keep algae down.

So far, we've had Hoover, Dyson, and we are currently on Bissell.

My darling kittygirl is a Russian Blue, so, her name is Blue. She came named that way so we kept it.

Growing up we had a German Sheperd named Big Dog. She was a stray that came to our house and never left. We also had cats named Black Kitty and Baby Kitty. Yeah, we were really creative.

At our old house, we had a stray cat that I think came with the house. We took care of her but refused to give her a name because we didn't want to get attached. Then she went off and had babies because one day she came to visit and had a baby with her. They both showed up so much we just started calling them Mama Cat and Baby Cat, LOL.

We had a love bird that my kids named Coconut (Coco for short) because they said she looked "tropical."

But probably the most interesting was a black cat that we found in our backyard (when I was a kid). We tried to find the owner but no luck. My Dad said he refused to have a cat because he couldn't stand them. But he is a big softy. So he named the cat Fido and refused to acknowledge it as anything but a dog :rotfl2:

My parents have a cat named Shadow the One Eyed Sewer Cat. We were at Walmart and my father saw this sad little kitten in the parking lot. A chase ensued and he was crawling all through the sewer pipes for him.(He ended up in a ditch with a big drainage hole) Long story short, we kept it and the kitten had a massive infection in his eye and it was better to just remove it. Gosh that cat must be about 17 now. I'm convinced that cat is my father's favorite child ;)

I used to be a vet and a lady came in with her cat one time named 11:30.

I remarked on the unusual name and asked her why they name him that. She replied, "He wasn't black enough to be called Midnight."

Loved that story!

:-D

I tend to giggle when a pet is given a more human name (and when a person is given a name that I tend to think is more "pet-like"). :-)

100 yrs. ago I dated a guy named Mike, whose family dog was named: Mike. Always thought that was weird.

We got a long haired pure white kitten from a friend who had a cat living in his auto mechanic's shop (his cat's name was Hub Cap). :thumbsup2 Our white kitten used to shoot up in the air when startled, hence the name "Popcorn".

Oh, just remembered DH's childhood cat was named Wishbone. Thought that was cute.

My daughter raises a few pigs on their small farm and they had one called Mrs. Thomas Jefferson, but that got shortened to Tommy. The two they have now are Francis and Kevin (Bacon).

Our nieces and nephew got a new hamster shortly after my father-in-law died, so they named it after him - a hamster named Grandpa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter