>> Funniest Overheard Comments Part II <<

That reminded me of this one from several years ago.
Overheard from the stall next door to me in a WDW restroom -

Little Girl (crying): Grandma, I'm scared of the flush!
Grandma: Oh, honey, don't be scared, it's just an automatic flush.
LG: It's what?
Grandma: It's automatic.
LG: It's magic?
Grandma: It's automatic.
Grandma: No, it's (enunciating carefully) aut-o-MAT-ic
Grandma (finally cluing in to the fact that this was going to work in her favor): That's right, honey, it's MAGIC.

We were leaving SM and I heard one woman say -no TOT is the one that drops you....there are no drops on haunted mountain....:confused3

After getting in the boat for the pirate ride, the lady sitting in front of me turned around and said "Is this a water ride?"

I looked at her with a straight face and said, "Yes, and there is a really big drop coming up too."

Well we go around the corner and she screamed her head off as we went down the little dip.

Now whenever we hear somebody say something idiotic we look at each other and say "Is this a water ride?"

Geesh, getting in the boat should of been your first clue......:rotfl:

HAHA ive been asked that SO many times, its hillarious! What they actually mean is 'when does the parade get here!'

I have also been asked:
- What time exactly will the rain stop *** I wanna go outside on some rides!
- Oh my god I can't believe Im meeting you - you must have known Diana , what was she like!? (Im english, and therefore must have known her! I was also 11 when she died)
- Have you had tea with the queen?
- Do you go clubbing with Princes William and Harry?
- So where are you from? Engand. Oh what part of america is that and how did you get here - drive?
- Did you have to learn English to come and work here? (My name tag says i am from england!)

This made me laugh so hard!!!! My mom is from England and still has her accent even though she has been here for 20 years. She gets asked the stupidest questions. These are some of my favorites:

1. Do you have to translate for your kids? (My Mom's family still lives in England and they wanted to know when we talked to our Nana or Grand Dad if we need a translator)

2. How do you guys celebrate Thanksgiving or 4th of July? (I love this one it is just too funny!)

3. Do your kids understand you? (since my Mom uses words such as nappy (diaper), trolly (shopping cart), bonnet (hood of the car), football (soccer) etc... Actually all her kids use these words since she stayed at home with us)

Oh I know there are more but I can't think of them! This gave me the best laugh today thanks!

Just yesterday, my party (dad, sister, her boyfriend, and moi) were standing in line for Space Mountain at Disneyland when the ride sputtered and died. The last shuttle to be unloaded when the power went off and the lights came up was apparently a junior cheer team from Fullerton, and they began "entertaining" the masses with a group rendition of "If You're Happy And You Know It". This, as you may imagine, got old fast, and one curmudgeonly old gentleman yelled from the balcony, "No, I'm NOT happy!", which began a torrent of heckling (including the obligatory "Free Bird!").

They ran... so far away... ran into them later on the Astro Blasters (which also broke down, and launched them into a spirited recital of the Flock of Seagulls hit. (No word on how that was received.)

During the Monsters Inc show

Marty (to a little girl): What do you want to be when you grow up?
Little girl: Elephants!!!
Marty: ... So... do you have to go to school for that?

hehe. little kids are funny :P

Both of these were overheard in the line for SM...

A little later in line the same group of girls was shouting to another group of girls behind them in line.
Girl from group 1: Do you have an odd number in your group back there?
Girl from group 2: No.
Girl from group 1: How many do you have?
Girl from group 2: 9

I am glad to see our schools are doing such a good job educating our young people.

:sad2: :rotfl: :lmao:

This thread is so enjoyable!

In January, DH and I were standing in line for Louie and Baloo. There was a dad in front of us with a little boy who looked to be aroun 7, a little girl about 5, and a baby in a stroller. The boy and girl had been loudly playing around and having a good time in line. When it came to be their turn, the little girl headed up there with no problem. The dad pushed the baby up there. When it came time for the boy to go, he got an absolute look of terror on his face and screamed "NO!! NEVER!!!!" and he ran the opposite way. He screamed with such conviction, passion, and terror that DH and I could not help giggling. It just came out of nowhere. The kid was doing just fine in line. Poor kid. :(

Not sure if you're familiar with the show "Arrested Development" that used to be on Fox, but season 3 had a lot of episodes take place in a fictional place called "Wee Britain". I love the United Kingdom part of the World Showcase, and so does my daughter, and we kept referring to it as "wee Britain".

Mr. F? LOL

I did the Disney College Program, and worked at Magic Kingdom. These are some of the questions I was asked...

Guest- Where is the Tower of Terror?
Me- MGM (3 years ago)
guest- Is that in Tomorrow Land?
me- No ma'am that is a whole other theme park
guest- What are you talking about? We are at Disney right?
me- Yes, you are at Disney, there are 4 theme parks, you are at Magic Kingdom, MGM is a whole other park.
guest- I don't think you know what you are talking about, and walked off

My favorite question of all time... What time are the 10PM fireworks?

I'm a CM and was directing guest traffic on Main street around 6pm on a MVMCP night. A young girl, probably about 9 or 10, came up to me and started chatting. Her parents were, I assume, resting nearby or in a shop. We had the following exchange

Me: "So, will you be staying for the Christmas party?"
Her: "No, we're going to Epcot instead"
Me: "Oh, that should be fun. What are you going to do there?"
Her: "Well, my parents will get their maragaritas and get really drunk and I'll walk 15 feet behind them and pretend I don't know them."

It was all I could do not to burst out laughing. And then, her dad walks up to her, sweet as can be, and we chatted for a bit more. I had the hardest time not laughing at him as I pictured he and his wife drinking around the world, and this sweet little girl acting like she's never met them

I was standing in line to see Daisy Duck and a mom a couple of families behind me was having a very loud conversation with what I assume was a member of her party asking where she and the kids were. She replied "We're in line to see Donald Duck's wife." Apparently the person on the other end of the phone misunderstood and she corrected, "No, no. Not Donald Duck's ex-wife. Donald Duck's wife."

I didn't even know Donald had an ex-wife. :eek:

I was standing in line to see Daisy Duck and a mom a couple of families behind me was having a very loud conversation with what I assume was a member of her party asking where she and the kids were. She replied "We're in line to see Donald Duck's wife." Apparently the person on the other end of the phone misunderstood and she corrected, "No, no. Not Donald Duck's ex-wife. Donald Duck's wife."

I didn't even know Donald had an ex-wife. :eek:
with his anger management issues, are you surprised?

Coming off the bus on the way into Magic Kingdom looking at the ferry on the lagoon.... "There's the cruise line"... and she was serious!!!

Coming off the bus on the way into Magic Kingdom looking at the ferry on the lagoon.... "There's the cruise line"... and she was serious!!!

Heck, if her husband had been quick on the uptake, he could have saved a BUNCH of money on a "cruise"

hehehe

As the bus driver strapped my DD's wheelchair down, he said to DD, who was dressed as Cinderella "You're late for work".:goodvibes

While on line last month for ice cream in the MK, I was carrying one of our friends little girls who is Asian and 2 women commented to be heard "why would you want a kid who doesn't look like you?"

Not sure if that was stupid, mean or both:confused3
Ignorant and mean, that's for sure...I applaud your restraint-I would have said some not very nice things to them.:mad:

A few years back at AK, my mom and I were walking through the forest trails. There was a family walking just ahead of us, and the kids were looking up and commenting on all the cool birds perched up above. The dad (who was one of those really arrogant, jerky types) scoffs & says with this disgusted tone "those birds are all just fake-they're not REAL!"
My mom was really miffed at this guy-after they were out of earshot, she says "I wish one of those birds had made a big dropping on his head-then he could see just how fake they were!!"
(and, as she also pointed out-even if they had been fake-why spoil it for the kids?)
Some people just don't know to enjoy Disney, I guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter