• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Funniest opinions you have heard about yourself?

When I worked in retail I had a young girl tell me I looked like Hannah Montana! :lmao:I do have long blonde hair with a fringe (bangs to you Americans), but that's where the resemblance ends!

Last week someone told me I looked like Hillary Clinton. I don't even remotely look like her. This was someone that I didn't know so she had no reason to insult me. I didn't take it as a compliment. At all.

I've been told I look like Brooke Hogan and one of my former teachers told me I looked like a young Anna Nicole (absolutely not). The only thing I have in common with them is blonde hair and height lol. I definitely don't have the um... "girls" that would make resemble Anna Nicole haha.

I get told the same thing (well or people say it to my husband). Sometimes it can be really hard to be introverted.

:)

ugh - the whole snobby thing. The moment you are quiet, you are snobby or rude. I am not a quiet person (rather the opposite actually) - but in situations around new people, I can feel uncomfortable and get very quiet.

Another time, I had a close friend think I "looked down on her". Acckkkk! I talked to another friend about this and she said that I was the absolutely last person on earth who could look down on somebody. I do a lot of dumb and stupid things...but not that.

When I was dating my husband, his best friend was very suspicious of me. He thought I was dating DH to get Canadian citizenship. I ROFL'd when DH told me since the major reason holding me back from committing to DH was knowing I would have to stay in Canada. I had every intention of going back home until I met DH.

I once discovered I was sleeping with a whole bunch of my coworkers. I don't recall sleeping with any of them, but it must have been true because I was told so LOL

I WISH someone had started such a rumor about me. ;)

I WISH someone had started such a rumor about me. ;)

If you would have worked where I did, I'm sure it would have happened. The joke was you could start a rumor at one end of the building and start walking to the other end. And the rumor would beat you there LOL

If you would have worked where I did, I'm sure it would have happened. The joke was you could start a rumor at one end of the building and start walking to the other end. And the rumor would beat you there LOL
I didn't know that you worked in my old building!

I don't like the taste of alcohol much, so I always grabbed a Coke or water when socializing with a group from our church in Michigan--most others had beer or wine. About 5 years into being there, one person did a spit take when I took a margarita at a party. That is when I learned that the whole group thought I never drank because I was a recovering alcoholic. Uh. nope, just don't like the taste much.

I don't like the taste of alcohol much, so I always grabbed a Coke or water when socializing with a group from our church in Michigan--most others had beer or wine. About 5 years into being there, one person did a spit take when I took a margarita at a party. That is when I learned that the whole group thought I never drank because I was a recovering alcoholic. Uh. nope, just don't like the taste much.

That was exactly what I was going to post. Well, not the margarita part (mine was a vodka cocktail), but I discovered that my co-workers thought I was a recovering alcoholic.

When I was in University, I guess I was a bit vain because I didn't like to wear my glasses out in public (even though I really needed them). I had a couple of people tell me I was rude and stuck-up, and it turned out they had smiled or waved at me and I didn't smile back or respond. I finally had to confess that it was because I couldn't SEE them without my glasses.

I've been told that I look like Princess Leia by more than one person, but I just don't see the resemblance.

Co-workers have also told me that I'm too cheerful first thing in the morning. If they drank as much coffee as me, they'd be happy too.

I've been told that I look like Princess Leia by more than one person, but I just don't see the resemblance.

Co-workers have also told me that I'm too cheerful first thing in the morning. If they drank as much coffee as me, they'd be happy too.

You gotta stop wearing those cinnamon buns on the sides of your head. :)

Another one- When DH and I were getting our house ready to move we stored some things in my mom's basement so the house would look more open. My mom worked at a large office in town, when she went to lunch the next Monday her friend told her she had heard DH and I were divorcing. Mom was ???. Her friend said someone had seen DH moving out of our house and so assumed that was it. :rolleyes2

My deceased father's old lady (aka my mom :)) tells me that this couple has been saying really great things to her cousin about me. They said that I am the greatest guy their daughter ever dated. They just keep going on and on about how awesome I am. Of course these facts are all irrefutable, immutable and indisputable.
:joker:

But the funny thing is I never dated their daughter and probably have never even spoken to her. We supposedly dated in the early 90s. I am just glad they have a positive opinion of me, even if their recollection is off.

After a class presentation we got these cards filled with anonymous feedback from the other students. Most were typical stuff like interesting topic blah blah, but one of them said I had a very pretty voice and they liked listening to me. It was nice but surprising cause I never thought about my own voice before I guess. Also I've been told that people can't believe I'm funny and sarcastic. Usually I'm quiet so they're surprised when I talk and I'm not a snob.

Add me to the list of introverts who has been called snobby or stand-offish. I've actually heard that a few times.

Same here...also new staff are afraid of me for the same reason but I am the most easy going person in the office!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter