Funniest name of a town near you

Nutt, NM. Population -- about 5.

I've been by there a few times while I was growing up when the family drove down to Tucson from northern New Mexico. When the town's most notable feature is the Middle of Nowhere Cafe, you can get a pretty good idea of the size of the place.

No one has mentioned Christmas, FL???

Or Chevy Chase, MD?

Frazier's Bottom, WV The movie "Win A Date With Tad Hamilton" took place here (but not really), but the opening scenes were filmed in WV.

Blue Ball, PA
Intercourse, PA
Yep!! I was just thinking of those two. Love Shady Maple in Blue Ball though
and the story behind how Intercourse got its name is really kinda interesting NOT AT ALL what one would think

You beat me. Last time we were there DH got a call on his cellphone. When they asked what he was doing, he answered--"I'm in the middle of Intercourse":rotfl:
Better yet, there's a covered bridge between the town of Intercourse and the town of Paradise in PA. He should've called from there and then he could've told em he's on the bridge between Intercourse and Paradise. There's even a postcard out there for this bridge in PA. :rolleyes2

We recently Moved from Colorado to West Virginia and they have some different names here:

I live in Hurricane. There are towns like:
Frazier's Bottom
Bib Bottom
Big Chimney
Clover Lick
Droop
Mystery Hole
Monday Lick
Thorny Creek
Stony Bottom
Charmco
Mt. Echo
Crooked Oak
Fancy Gap
Love Valley
Bland

We recently Moved from Colorado to West Virginia and they have some different names here:

I live in Hurricane. There are towns like:
Frazier's Bottom
Bib Bottom
Big Chimney
Clover Lick
Droop
Mystery Hole
Monday Lick
Thorny Creek
Stony Bottom
Charmco
Mt. Echo
Crooked Oak
Fancy Gap
Love Valley
Bland

I can't believe that there is someone on the DIS from Hurricane! I am too!! It's such a small town..........:)

Cut and Shoot, Texas. Pronouced CutnShoot.

In East Texas we have Tenneha, Tempson, Bo Bo, and Blair. Four towns in a row on the same road.

In West Texas we have Muleshoe.

And of course Paris, Texas.

I fish just south of Houston on the coast and on the way to the boat ramp I pass through Liverpool and Amsterdam.

Not all that wierd but my sister lives in an old farm house in the country near a town called Russiaville, IN. But it is pronounced Rooosha-ville. :p

Hmmm, only one I can think of here is Bangs Beach, Maine :)

Someone mentioned Gnaw Bone, but there is also:

French Lick and Floyds Knobs in Indiana.

We also have:

Edinburgh, pronounced Edin-berg and Versailles, pronounced Ver-sales.

We definitely have our fair share of unusual names, but the closest one to me (by about 10 miles) is ....

Goobertown, AR :cheer2:

To give you an idea of some of the other aptly named cities in Arkansas, there's:
Possum Grape
Smackover
Weiner
Rector
Bald Knob
Gassville
Toad Suck
Yellville
Locust Grove
Sulphur Springs (don'tcha wish you lived here??)
Fifty Six
Oil Trough
Flippin

It makes you wonder what the original settlers were thinking on some of these! :rotfl2:

Funny in an ironic sort of way..Here in TX we have (on the same exit road sign) Welfare and Comfort.

Ok, I didn't read through the entire thread so I hope this isn't a repeat:
Big Ugly, WV

:rotfl: This thread is hilarious. We have some pretty weird town names here in New Jersey, too:
Ho-Ho-Kus (this was already mentioned, but I'm repeating it in case anyone didn't read the whole thread)
Hackensack
Teaneck
Mahwah
Weehawken
Madesquan
Kalifon

Just to name a few.

Petersville,MD.

Monks Misery, MD

New Erection,Va

Mousetown,MD

Vulcan,WV

Pie,WV

These are just some of the fun ones from the tristate area!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter