• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
spedtchr said:
This didn't happen at Disney but in our bathroom at home. My DD (2 at the time) walked in the bathroom on DH. She had never seen him before. She came running to me with jubilation. Saying, "Mommy, Daddy has a tail like tigger." That was 4 years ago. She now thinks our dog has two tails.

:scared1:

That is just too funny! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That is too funny about the "tail". My DS(3) calls it that aswell. I figure its alright to just let him call it that,especially at that age. I figure if he decides to start talking about his "tail" in public,nobody will know what he means :blush:

ElaineHN said:
Not specifically *hahaha* funny ... but kind of funny in a sweet way and it melted my heart ...

Last time I was at Disney was in 1997 very early in my pregnancy with my daughter. As my hubby and I waited in a long slow line for a ride with my (then) 6 year old son, a little girl a bit younger than my son nudged her mom and said with a bit of petulant awe ... "Mom, it *IS* her! She just doesn't have her Snow White clothes on ... "

I wasn't 100% sure what was going on and I tried not to eaves drop ... but eventually the little girl and my son started talking and I smiled at the mom and she then whispered to me that her daughter thought I was Snow White!

I didn't know what to say ... I was flattered (though thoroughly confused) and I truly hoped the mom and dad weren't thinking "Oh my goodness, my child is nuts!" I do have dark hair with bangs ... and I did have a white bow in my not-quite-shoulder-lenght hair ... and pale skin and blue eyes ... but I think that's about where the similarities end!

Through the eyes of a child ...

princess: Elaine

I have very dark hair, fair skin and red lips, When my DD was 2 she was obsessed with Snow White - she would cuddle up on my lap and play with hair and say "mommy you look just like Snow White". Well one day she was not getting her way and she yelled " You do NOT look like Snow White, you look like the Wicked Queen!!!".

We still laugh alot about that and she now likes to buy me little trinkets with the Wicked Queen on them.

So my mother and father are walking up to the RNR...

Mom: Hey, does this go upside down? I'm not going if it does

Dad: It doesn't go upside down (Yes, he was fully aware of the 2 barrel rolls)

Mom: Then why is the car upsidedown back there?

Dad: So that you can see inside the car.

Mom: Oh that makes sense

overheard while we were at the MK last week:

"At night, when it is all lit up, you can see this hotel from our room in the Contemporary."

"this hotel" was Cinderella's castle.

Boo Mc said:
We were at Epcot last week when I heard a man tell his wife "Hey, let's go to Interventions".

I've been reading this thread now for about 1 1/2 hours and this almost made me fall out of my chair laughing!

The first night we checked in to Beach Club Villas my DH told me "I've seen the pool and it isn't anything special. Let's go to Cape Canaveral".

When we were descending the ramp from the monorail to the Magic Kingdom Saturday, a little boy in front of us starting yelling to his family that he saw the "Disney Cruise Line Ship!! We're going on the Disney Cruise Line Ship!!"" Of course, this was the ferry boat back to the Ticket and Transportation Center. I can only imagine his face if he saw a real cruise ship!

CAD3655 said:
We were in MK last March waiting for the Wishes Fireworks to start. My DH and I were traveling with a friend and her husband. This trip was the first time our husbands had met as we live in different parts of the country...As we were waiting for the fireworks on the curb, a small boy maybe 6 or 7 poked his head between me and my DH and started talking to me about the castle.

Child: How do you think it changes colors like that?
Me: Hmmm...I bet it's magic...
Child: Wow it's really cool...do you think they are painting it? How can they do it that fast?
Me: I don't think they are painting it either...pixie dust? Maybe it's magic lights?

Friends Husband to GF: Please tell me I am hearing things! Is she explaining to her husband how the castle changes colors?!?!?!?!?!
These are all hysterical but for some reason that one got to me. Luckily I'm not at work. I just laughed out loud and can't stop!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The funniest thing I have ever heard came from my DS (6 at the time) at Disneyland.

He is a HUGE Buzz Lightyear fan, and we had a rare opportunity! We were cruising along about to get on the monorail, when, there, ALL ALONE (except for CM) was Buzz! We could not believe it! No line of kids waiting, no crowds, NADA!

DS went up to him in shock, got the autograph and a GREAT pic! He got to spend a little more time than normal which was nice. As the crowds appeared, I told him to say goodbye. He did, and turned to walk towards me.....then he said.
"Darn it, I should have pushed his buttons when I had the chance!!"

I just about fell over, and have told everyone I know. So cute!! :love:

One of our favorites from one of the wonderful WDW tram announcers... "Lower your head and watch your step. If you don't lower your head, watch your language!"

My 8 year old asks me: Mom, how long can you stay at this hotel? (as we pass through the Contemporary Hotel on the monorail)
Me: As long as any other hotel, as long as you have money to pay for it.
DD8: But can you stay long?
Me: ?
DD8: (something like) Doesn't the name mean for a short time?
Me: (LOL) It's not the Temporary Hotel, it's the CONtemporary Hotel! It means it's modern!

Ok so this didn't happen at WDW but it's Disney related. DD was having a bit of a tantrum because she wanted to look at my Disney scrapbook when my mom was looking at it. My mom let her look at it and she started flipping the pages saying things like "WOW, my daddy knows Buzz" or "mommy and lion king guys". She got to a page with Mickey and Donald cut outs...she said "Oh there is Mickey...and there is Chicken Mickey"...so funny! That's what I get for having a very verbal (almost) 2 year old :rotfl:

bopper said:
My 8 year old asks me: Mom, how long can you stay at this hotel? (as we pass through the Contemporary Hotel on the monorail)
Me: (LOL) It's not the Temporary Hotel, it's the CONtemporary Hotel! It means it's modern!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

These stories are so hilarious.

Mine is almost more sad than funny. My daughter and I were at AKL in the evening, talking to one of the CM's about the animals on the savannah. He had come to WDW from a game preserve in Botswana and was telling us some very interesting things about the different animals - he obviously knew a lot and really cared about them.

Well, a large man comes up to us and says to the CM: "Are these animals on the menus in the restaurants here?" The CM looks kind of shocked and says: "No, sir, we don't eat the animals from the savannahs." The guy was clearly very disappointed and said "That's a real shame. I'd like to try some of those."

I think the animals were moving away a little nervously. My daughter and I were both a bit horrified - what was he thinking of eating? The zebras? The giraffes?

Oh well.

Teresa

bopper said:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

My dd11 wanted to contribute one:
We were walking in Fantasyland and spotted a woman with a map. She says "Well, right now we are in Toon Town (huh?)...so over that way (pointing toward Toon Town) should be Adventureland."

:confused3

Teresa Pitman said:
These stories are so hilarious.

: "Are these animals on the menus in the restaurants here?" The CM looks kind of shocked and says: "No, sir, we don't eat the animals from the savannahs." The guy was clearly very disappointed and said "That's a real shame. I'd like to try some of those."
: \

loved the little kid stories also!
:teeth: :dog: :dog2: :pug: :teeth:

dizneegirl said:
One of our favorites from one of the wonderful WDW tram announcers... "Lower your head and watch your step. If you don't lower your head, watch your language!"

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter