Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen D said:
I have two, both from the same night at Victoria & Alberts-- my husband and I went last September for our 10th Anniversary.

We were seated under the dome-- that weird area where due to some acoustic abnormality you can hear even quiet conversations at a table across the dome clear as day-- as if the people were at the table too. And I'm sure they could hear us. If the harp is playing it isn't bad but when the harpist is taking a break you can hear everything.

Two choice exchanges-- from one table, across the way, with a young attractive couple

1) Man to woman: "Will you relax? You can have your joint after dinner!"

2) And after the bills had been delivered to all the tables, a man and a woman, the man in a northern English accent: "What do you mean expense it? We can't ****ing expense it darling! We had all this ****ing caviar and this ****ing champage! It's seven or eight hundred dollars! We can't ****ing expense it!"

We were there for our 30th Anniversary a few years ago. Heard every word from the table across the room. Man was talkinf to Date/Wife? about "Cousin Brucie" We knew all about "Cousin Brucie's investments, vacations, homes and probably more things about "Cousin Brucie" than we or even the lady probably ever wanted or needed to know. :rotfl2:

Wonder if they heard our comments about the room acoustics. If they did, it sure didn't stop him from talking.

GOOFYFREEK said:
Ok I have to get a little set up to the hole thing so might be a little long but bare with me I thought it was funny.

Heading out of MK around 8pm. DM stops at the bathroom next to City Hall. While standing there waiting I hear this conversation. Father and son say to wife and daughter we want to ride Space Mountain before the park closes (9pm). Wife and daughter want to watch the parade. So she tells them to go ride and they will meet back there after the park closes. Bare with me this is the funny part. She tells them to ride the train it would be the fastest to get to Space Mountain. Yes SPACE Mountain not Thunder Mountain.

I hope you find it funny as I did. It was the conversation for the rest of the night. So fellas DONT LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE, especially if they dont ride rollercoasters :D

Actually, I got more of a kick out of thinking that OP wants us all to get naked with them while we read this !!! :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

Disneyholic said:
Actually, I got more of a kick out of thinking that OP wants us all to get naked with them while we read this !!! :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Another non-Disney but funny...

A little background: My daughter is 11 and has high-functioning autism - everything is black and white with her - no gray areas - so it was hysterical to get this response out of her one day!

My daughter had been in the shower and she must have used 20 towels - they were on the floor, edge of the tub, on the counter - you get the idea. Anyway, I wasn't happy to see it since I had just finished washing and now I had even more laundry to do. So as she was getting dressed, I said to her,

"I am getting really sick of telling you not to use so many towels in the shower!"

Her response to me was....

"GOOD! Cause I'm getting sick of you telling me about them!!" :rotfl2:

Needless to say, I almost died laughing and I don't think the towels have ever come up again! LOL

Disney-related:

I told my mother I wanted to make sure we got to Mexico next week when we visit Epcot to try the margaritas - her response had us all cracking up - she honestly said:

"Am I gonna need ID to get in there?"

My father, smirk on his face, looked at her and responded, "Yes and be careful - DON'T DRINK THE WATER." :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I may have posted this one in the past....but the best one uttered so far in my family was recently.

My 3 year old was on hubby's shoulders as we strolled around the lake at Coronado Springs. It was dark out already and we were enjoying the sights when he looked up and saw the spot lights from Downtown Disney. "Look!" he shouted. "Its House of Mouse. Let's go see Mickey!!!"

(if you have ever seen this cartoon show, the House of Mouse has spotlights out front :teeth: )

A few years back we were in DLR and saw a dad with a child (boy) of about one year old. The dad was holding the kid up to see Goofy, but the little one wasn't too interested. Boy's mom says something to the effect of don't force the issue to which the dad replied "I didn't fly half way around the country to have him NOT look at the characters!!!" :confused3:

We were on the Safari ride for the first time and DD was 6.5. She saw the place where the ostrich eggs are and was really excited about them. They were sooo big and weren't in much of a nest, etc. That was in Dec. We went back in May and oddly, ;) the ostrich eggs were still there. Now, DD is quite smart but pretty gullible and the magic definitely works for her. I always think the Safari is the most amazing place at WDW because some thigns are totally real, but then there is all of this that is not real, but seems real, so I get where she was coming from. So, there is it 5 months after she has seen the ostrich eggs and she is amazed that they are still there and is saying she needs to look up how long it takes ostrich eggs to hatch, but perhaps they are new eggs and the ostrich just likes laying them in that spot.

Fast forward to March a year later. Yeah, the eggs are STILL there. DD who is now 7.5 turns to me and says,"I am getting mighty suspicious about those ostrich eggs." :rotfl:

DW will shoot me, but here goes.
Educated woman who LOVES WDW.
First trip to AK.
First safari.
She says so seriously and obviously disappointed:
"You would think Disney could make the animals look a little more real, wouldn't you?"

I still ride her about that one.

Dh and I did the Segway tour (by the way, it was great fun!!). As we were headed to World Showcase we passed some other guests and a mom turned to her child (didn't see the child so I don't know how old they were - had to concentrate on where I was going :rotfl2: ). She said to the child, "Those are not real people, those are robots!" I know she was just kidding, but it was cute!

This one was unbelievable....
Dh :smooth: and I were renting watermice at the Poly, the CM was
appeared to be a south islander, which is very important to the story.
This east-coaster wassa - matta - you new yorker type. comes up to
the CM and says, "Hay ! So's I can put the charges on the room at my
own joint, right?" but here is my favorite part... THEN he says, "SO
BUDDY, WHAT COUNTRY ARE YOU FROM - HAWAII ??" :rotfl2: clearly
American government was NOT one of his stronger subjects. And by
the way he looked to be the age of maybe, Oh yeah! Probably born at
about the same time at the "country" of Hawaii became a state !!! :teacher:

I didn't think it was possible for someone to come up with a new name for teh Spaceship Earth geosphere but it happened a few days ago. We were on a bus from POFQ to I can't remember where. The route we were taking gave you glimpses of some attractions from a distance. At one point Spaceship Earth was peeking over the top of a line of trees off in the distance. A boy, probably about ten, turns to his dad and says "Look dad, the bubble thingie."

My daughter and I were sitting on the Omnibus at the entrance of Main street in MK, waiting for it to leave…when a snooty couple got onboard and asked the driver to “please drop us off first…at the entrance to Big Thunder Railroad…because we are supposed to meet someone there and we’re late.” :wave2:

This past week (May 13th) I nearly died when the DME driver made a point of telling everyone to be sure to get a refillable mug at your resort. He said that it was a great deal and that 'for only about twelve bucks, you can get it refilled at any resort or park, including the water parks during your stay'. The young couple in front of me said that sounded like a good deal and they were definitely going to get two and then just put them in their backpack to use in the parks. The driver said 'yeah, it's a great deal'. He sounded very confident of his information and no one corrected him. I'm afraid I didn't say anything either, but thought I would love to see the look on some of these people's faces when they try to get their resort mugs refilled in the parks.

We were at the Studios last week entering Indiana Jones. There was a man and his son standing just outside the turnstiles. As we passed by, we heard the boy, who was about 8 or 9, say to his dad, "You can't trick me again. I'm not going in -- I just know this is a ride." :teeth:

Here are a couple of funnies from just a few days ago. I was walking through Tomorrowland with my mom when a little boy (around 8 or 9) ran in front of us to a cast member. We couldn't hear the discussion but he shouted back "Dad, no beer here!"

Not to embarrass my own dad but we had a huge discussion about whether or not my parents had been on Buzz Lightyear before. I swear they did, they swear they didn't. After going on the ride, which they loved, my dad says firmly. "I have never been on Bud Light before." For the rest of the trip he kept calling it Bud Light and then when we were at AK, he asked if we were going to see the Bud Light Show (Bug's Life). I giggled every time. Oddly enough, he is not a beer drinker!

Sthronds said:
Not to embarrass my own dad but we had a huge discussion about whether or not my parents had been on Buzz Lightyear before. I swear they did, they swear they didn't. After going on the ride, which they loved, my dad says firmly. "I have never been on Bud Light before." For the rest of the trip he kept calling it Bud Light and then when we were at AK, he asked if we were going to see the Bud Light Show (Bug's Life). I giggled every time. Oddly enough, he is not a beer drinker!

LOL!

My 3 year old DS thinks Buzz Lightyear's name is Buzzlight Year, and last time we were at MK, we were in a store and he asked me if he could have a "Buzzlight" and I told him maybe later. I got a very strange look from a woman next to us, now I think she must have thought he was asking for a Bud Light!!!

Aidensmom said:
LOL!

My 3 year old DS thinks Buzz Lightyear's name is Buzzlight Year, and last time we were at MK, we were in a store and he asked me if he could have a "Buzzlight" and I told him maybe later. I got a very strange look from a woman next to us, now I think she must have thought he was asking for a Bud Light!!!

:rotfl2: That is too funny. My 2 1/2 year old DD does the same thing. She also calls mickey mouse mic mouse. Must be something with a name having more then one syllable.

Love this thread! :love:
I always hope there's something new to brighten my day.

Keep it up!

OK, I've read almost every post in this thread, and I even posted myself a while ago, but on Sunday afternoon (May 22, 2005) I heard one I haven't heard before.

We were at the TTC, waiting for the ferry to the Magic Kingdom. A lady standing next to us asked her son if he wanted to take the ferry to Epcot, or the subway. So her son asks "What subway?". She explained that both monorail tracks really go to Epcot, but one goes underground most of the way, so that people won't have to look at the ugly monorail tracks. I really wanted to hear her explanation of how to take the ferry to Epcot!

Next day, we were at Epcot (we took a bus, not the ferry or the subway :rotfl: ) and heard another woman arguing with a CM. She wanted to know where "It's A Small World" was. The CM directed her to Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom. The woman said "No, I was on it last year, and it was here in Epcot, somewhere in World Showcase". So the CM asked her if maybe she was thinking of Mexico (there are some singing dolls in there). The woman insisted that last year, Small World was in Epcot, and the year before that, too. Then, remembering that it had been closed when she was there recently, she told the CM that of course it had been in World Showcase, and that they moved it while it was closed.

And then there was the little girl at The Animal Kingdom who asked her mother why there weren't any live dinosaurs on display, and then answered her own question. "I know, mommy! They all died when you were a little girl."

Beth

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter