• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't an "overheard at Disney" story - but a funny and memorable one for my family nonetheless.

A few years ago, when my DD was 18 we visited some friends in Florida who happened to have an orange tree in their back yard. After we arrived, she and my friends kids were out in the back yard sunning by the pool, when DD came in and asked if she could have a piece of fruit. So of course, my friend tells her to just get an orange from the tree! Sooo... a few minutes go by, DD is *still* standing by the tree just looking at it. I go out and ask her "what's wrong?" She looks at me - completely puzzled - and says "How do I get the Orange out of the tree??" Did I mention that it was a DWARF ORANGE TREE?!!

Yep - she's blonde.

So now... anytime anyone does anything flighty or we see something silly we look at each other and ask... How do you get the orange out of the tree????

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OK, here is something that happened last night. DS7 is a history buff & has really be interested in it since we spent a week in DC last month. We were excited to watch the History channel's show on George Washington. After 30 minutes he asked if there was electricity yet and then realized that Ben Franklin was probably working on it around the same time. He then asked if they had invented batteries yet. I told him no. After an hour watching this he turned to me and asked...ok they didn't have electricity and they didn't have batteries so how did someone video everything? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I will unapologetically call it Disney World for the rest of my life. I started calling it that in 1971, and I'm not about to stop now! :dance3:

Loves Disney said:
I have heard so many comments like that in line for both those rides!! Very funny indeed.

I hear a lot of people referring to the Magic Kingdom as Walt Disney World. I heard people talking to each other saying things such as, "Tomorrow we will do MGM, then Animal Kingdom and I was thinking after that we could do Disney."

michaelwilliammidd said:
This guy was actually smarter than you thought....who would have known that he would have the future vision. The captain must be talking about Will Turner of POTC.....I don't see why your making fun of the guy. :teeth:

To bump and tell my own story:

DH and I were at DL with two other couples. Angie, one half of one of the other couples, can imitate any voice with hilarious accuracy. We were on PotC and we were in the tunnel right before the battle. It was considerably foggier than usual and we couldn't see a thing, only hear the soundtrack. Knowing the track as well as she does, she, at the perfect moment, said, "Perhaps ye smokes too much." We all were howling and now say that ever time we ride.

This one I have heard several times, and really get out of sorts when I hear it. We are in Epcot World Showcase, the family walking next to us begin to talk about going to Disney tomorrow, DW and I just look at each other.....

While boarding the tram in the parking lot at MGM, a lady got on and asked the driver, does this go to Epcot? :rotfl:
As humurous as these stories are, you can't help but wonder why people don't read a little before going to disney to help them navigate and also to know what is available there so they make the most of their trip. :surfweb:

Originally Posted by Pitter
As humurous as these stories are, you can't help but wonder why people don't read a little before going to disney to help them navigate and also to know what is available there so they make the most of their trip.

I totally agree. Any vacation requires at least a little reasearch, especially WDW.

I was walking up the line and there was a family ahead of me. Well the little girl had to have her height checked, and she asks her dad "what's the stamp for?"
Dad - "That means you're not a shrimp anymore"
Girl - "YES!!!!!"

She seemed so excited over it, like that just made her day.

MeLaNie9 said:
During our last trip, we had just boarded the IASW boat when a very large, overweight woman tried to get on. The CMs wouldn't let her on saying that she was clearly over the weight limit (how they could tell that??? it's not like they had a scale there). Anyways, she was obviously quite upset and started pointing out other people either on boats or in line that she thought were too fat too, saying they should either get off their boat or also not be allowed to ride. It quickly turned into a bunch of people yelling at each other about how fat they were. Not quite in the spirit of the ride, but it was pretty funny.

:rotfl2: Why don't I ever get to witness these wonderful, wonderful things?

On our last trip to WDW DH and I were on the bus from the resort to MGM. We were seated near the back in seats that faced a senior couple from the east coast. As the trip progressed we had started chatting a bit so we were tuned into their conversation. As we approached the park and TOT came into view a few people on the bus got excited and the couple had the following conversation:

Wife: I don't know why I don't get that excited about things.

Husband (in a slightly surly tone): That's cause you're 100 years old. What are you? Some kind of idiot?

DH and I could barely contain our laughter. We ran off the bus to repeat the conversation to each other. To this day we occasionally answer each others questions with "That's cause you're 100 years old. What are you? Some kind of idiot?" :)

Kteacher said:
I think there might have been a thread like this, but we overheard something so funny last weekend I just had to share. While we were in MGM Studios we heard a teen telling anothere teen that they were going to see the " Ozzie Osborne Christmas lights" :rotfl: Now those would be some interesting lights!!!

OK, here comes my confession. When I first heard about the Osborne Lights, I thought it must have something to do with Ozzie Osborne family. After all they have a tv show and the lights are in MGM Studios. Stupid of me I know to come to that conclusion, but it seemed reasonable.

I later did some research and found out all about them and the family that the court ordered to get rid of the lights. I am from the Pacific NW and have never in my life heard of these xmas lights, the Osborne family or anything about the controversy. I think that people living closer to the South know all about it, but for those of us living farther away we don't have a clue!

Luckily I didn't reveal my thoughts about the Ozzie Osborne lights to anyone other than the dark recesses of my mind! Well, until just now.

My DGD at the Flights of Wonder when the toucan flew out "Oh - I've never seen a Pecan before!"

Man and his son, while walking past two macaws in the Oasis one morning.

Son: Dad, look! Can we stop?
Man: No - keep moving. They are all fake anyway.

My friend, while walking up to the Safari Ride:

"Are we going to get a Transpass?"
(Transpass = turnpike passes in Maine at the time)

I have two funny comments I overheard, both concerning stressed out families...

We were on the bus to MGM and this whole family was bickering with each other. Apparently one of the kids had lost something expensive and they were all blaming each other and in a terrible mood. Finally the dad said (very sternly and loudly).... "Look, I paid $5,000 for this trip so you all just need to shut up and START HAVING FUN!!!

The other funny comment was when we were walking around World Showcase and we passed by this lady who was on her cell phone screaming "DON'T YOU TELL ME TO SHUT UP!!" It just seemed so out of place cause she was surrounded by all these happy families!

The funniest thing I heard while waiting to enter the turnstiles at AK: "Now this is Adventureland little Jakey. We get to ride Jungle cruise here." It was all I could do to keep myself from saying: "hello????? You're in the WRONG park! LOL!

Last week on the Jungle Cruise, the boats got backed up and CM started telling jokes. He asked, "Why does Ariel wear sea shells?" Well, the kids on the boat said, "Because she's a mermaid," but that wasn't the answer. The answer was: "Because 'B shells' were too small and 'D shells' were too big.
All the adults were laughing, but the kids just looked confused. :rotfl2:

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

We just heard this one last week, as we were on our way out of one of the parks one night. A tired Mom turned to her son and said "No, son, there's not a Fastpass for the parking lot."

LadyZolt said:
Last week on the Jungle Cruise, the boats got backed up and CM started telling jokes. He asked, "Why does Ariel wear sea shells?" Well, the kids on the boat said, "Because she's a mermaid," but that wasn't the answer. The answer was: "Because 'B shells' were too small and 'D shells' were too big.
-Dorothy (LadyZolt)
:lmao: Add that guy to the JC skipper Hall of Fame. :lmao:

On our last trip, DS, four years old, said something that had DH and I spontaneously giggling for the rest of the day. When had just started walking around the World Showcase at Epcot when DS said he was thirsty. I asked him what he wanted, and he said "I think I'll take a Margarita." :scared1: :lmao:

(You think maybe mom is a little too addicted to those frozen concoctions? :blush: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter