Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
davandflav said:
One of the funniest comments I've overheard came from The Grouchiest Lady Ever. She was walking through Frontierland, looking confused and very angry. She then said, "I don't want to see this c**p, I just want to see the castle!" Needless to say, I don't think she appreciates the Disney experience like we all do! :rolleyes:
THAT IS SO TRUE!! Sometimes people just dont get it!! :cool1:

there are too many to even remember them all...

1. We had gorgeous weather the past few weeks - temps really high and it turned colder - big time - beginning Fri/Sat - overheard a young girl say to her friend "I didn't know it got cold in Florida..."

2. Woman and son from Canada asked "if we had to pay for these resort buses" and told us they paid $19 for a cab ride from Magic Kingdom to their Disney hotel on Friday night because they missed the resort buses.

3. We're getting on the monorail to go to the GF from Magic Kingdom and this family gets on and says "does this monorail go straight to GF?" Everyone on the monorail tells them it does - but it makes a few stops first. The wife insists that her friend told her there was a "direct" monorail to the GF and they would not have to make ANY other stops. They don't believe us and get off the monorail to take the boat! (br-r-r-r-r on the boat Sat night!)

4. In the line for Stitch's great escape, girl says "what is a Stitch?"

There are more...I can't think of them all. Lots of laughter this weekend for sure! :rolleyes:

The funniest thing I ever heard at MK definately came out of my OWN Mouth, unintentionally of course!!

A few weeks ago, we were finishing up a LONG day at MK with my DH, 2 kids, stepson and his wife, and their 5 month old baby.

Everyone else went on Splash Mountain at about 7 p.m. except me - I was left with my ds (2) and my step-grandson, 5 months. My son was being SO good, but the baby was really upset. My son probably sat there for 20 minutes playing with a small bag of trail mix. He was picking out the parts he likes, and putting the rest of the stuff (basically the nuts) in the little cup holders in the tray of his stroller. Then he'd move them from one place to the other, and back again. In the meantime, the baby REALLY started getting upset, and I'm trying to bounce him on my knee, and at the same time, my son decides he's had enough of this and he's getting out of the stroller NOW. So I'm saying "Please, Elliot, get back in the stroller. Come on Elliot, come on over here and sit, please. Come on, you can sit over here and play with your nuts"!!! Well, there was a young guy sitting next to me (with his infant child) who started to snicker (like you snicker in church when you know you shouldn't be snickering). I ALMOST DIED when I realized what I had said, QUITE LOUDLY, in front of too many people!!! I had to keep sitting there and wait another 15 minutes or so until they all came off the ride.... It was awful!

The funniest one I heard came today here in Michigan. My husband's company (based in Wisconsin) is having a meeting/conference at Disney World. When he mentioned that he was going to it in January to another employee, the guy asked "Really, is it open then?"

jgmklmhem said:
Not really funny and sad in many instances....but I have overheard some variation of: Shut up and have a good time!!!! too many times to count.

Our family version of this is "stop crying - this is the happiest place on earth!"

This was sure to get whatever kid was crying would get the giggles!

Barbara

I have a few. Last week we were checking into Pop Century. We were staying at AKL that week, but since we weren't getting in til late we decided that $55 a night was better than $164 since we would literally be in the room long enough to sleep. So 2 AM we're trudging through the parking lot and trying to find our way to the building. Mom points to the sign and says, "We follow this sign that says 'hip-a-dee-doo-da.'" Dead tired and slap happy I start laughing hysterically, "mom! It's Hippy Dippy Pool!" Randomly that weeks we'd sing the "new" version of Zip A Dee Doo Da.

Last year we met up with my cousin, her husband and two kids. She's in the Air Force, so they flew in from Italy to spend the week before we all flew home for Christmas. Our first AM there, we hear the kids running around next door and my aunt mumbles, barely awake, "you know those kids we're always complaining about? This time they're related."

On that same trip we were standing outside in back of the Contemporary between the main building and the North Garden Wing and a couple ducks waddle out to visit. My cousin's son (7 at the time) gets excited, throws his arms in the air, and yells, "my first American ducks!"

Our first full day that trip, we hopped on the monorail to the parks and it didn't smell all that good as any of you who have ridden in the past couple years knows. My cousin's daughter (3 1/2 at the time) gets this disgusted look on her face, pinches her nose shut and yells, "eeeewwww! Is that Magic Kingdom poop?"

That same day we were in Toontown meeting characters and had just left one of the rooms. As we passed a door, Cinderella walks out and my cousin's husband starts yelling, "oh my god! It's Cinderella! Look! It's Cinderella!" She waves and walks into another door and we're laughing at him as he realizes what he did, "what's wrong with me? She was probably thinking 'what's up with this guy? Should I call security?'"

Same day again (that was an eventful day!) We were riding Haunted Mansion and we get to the beginning of the ballroom part when the doom buggies move sideways so they're all side by side. Well my cousin's husband decided, I guess, that he wanted to try and scare me so he reached over to grab me but it was dark and he couldn't tell what he was reaching for then yells, loud enough for anybody within a few doom buggies on either side to hear, "oh my god! did I just grab your chest!?" I started cracking up, "no, that was my arm." He had a true look of horror on his face at the thought that he had just felt up his wife's cousin at Disney World, LOL! I can't imagine what people who overheard that thought.

We took a Wishes Fireworks Birthday cruise last week and spent the evening on the lake chatting with the CM. She told us the most common question in the Magic Kingdom is "Can you please tell me what time is the 3:00 parade??" LOL some people!

FigmentGuy said:
We took a Wishes Fireworks Birthday cruise last week and spent the evening on the lake chatting with the CM. She told us the most common question in the Magic Kingdom is "Can you please tell me what time is the 3:00 parade??" LOL some people!

When I worked at Disney, they actually constantly reminded us of proper ways to address that question. I didn't work at the MK, but had been in the Utilidors with friends who needed to pick up paychecks and such and there was even a random announcement to remind CMs. You aren't allowed to answer that question by saying "3:00" - you need to phrase it so that the guest doesn't feel stupid like, "well the 3:00 parade will pass this area at around 3:15"

You guys are cracking me up with this thread, lmao!I 'm amazed that people ask what time the 300 parade starts. I've read about people overhearing this at Disney on several other threads which makes me think it happens often...which makes me kind of sad... lol! I cant believe Disney actually tells CMs how to deal with this question! What happens if the parade is really going topass by at 3:00?? LoL, that's too funny!

...my girlfriend and I got on the bus at 2AM to take us back to the Port Orleans Riverside Resort. On the bus with us was two British couples approximately 40-50 years old. The one man seemed he had more than enough to drink at Pleasure Island that night seeing as stood on the seats of the bus and began yelling, "I'm an Adventurer!, I'm an Adventurer!" He then began pleading with his wife, who was laughing hysterically, to take him to Adventureland the next day, so he could be an "Adventurer!" Seeing as how drunk he was, I doubt he was there for the rope drop at Adventureland the next day. pirate:

OMG, RichWDW... that's soo funny!I would have been cracking up, lmao! It's nice to see people enjoying Disney World in whatever way they feel is the most fun - obviously this guy was living it up at Pleasure Island lol! And I, too, doubt he was there for the rope drop at the MK, lol!

A couple from last week:

In line at the Candlelight Processional, a teenage girl says to her friend "what is this show about". The friend says " The Christmas Story". Girl says "which Christmas story?". Friend says "THE Christmas Story".

A couple at AK are walking over the bridge in Africa. The man says "wonder what they are building over there? (looking towards the coaster construction)". Woman says "I think it's a new hotel".

All of these are so funny!

This was a long time ago at Disneyland...let's see, must have been 1991 - I was 10, I think. My mom and I were on IASW, and directly in front of us was a man and his approx. 4 year old son. I don't know if they're still there, but there were signs up as you enter the actual building - this one had a big purple octopus on it. The man says "Wook at that, wook at liwwle ole spider" and the son replies with "Geez, dad. That's an octopus. Can you pipe it now so I can enjoy my ride?"

LOL You should have seen the look on the father's face at that one. My mother and I were howling!

When me and my wife were on our honeymoon 13 years ago. We were waiting online with two little old ladies by themselves. They looked like the sterotypical cute little old ladies (blue hair and all). All of a sudden we noticed they were having an argument amongst themselves. Then the one little old lady said to the other one in a real loud voice: SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE. Me and my wife almost had to run off the line because we were laughing so hard. It was so funny hearing this coming from this lady.

Last spring I went ahead of our group to check us in at the Crystal Palace. A Mom and a son were having a real fight on the porch where you wait to be seated. She was trying to remove him and he was literally hanging on for dear life, to one of the pillars that supports the porch. I tried not to gawk but as I walked past them, she whispered -- in a hiss like the snake makes in Jungle Book -- "I am calling the airline and we are going home tomorrow!" It just cracked me up because at one point or another, we have all threatened our kids with similar stupid things we'd never follow through on!

DisOrBust said:
We were at Cape May for the character breakfast and this 7ish yo boy kept yyelling" hey squirrel you didn't sign my book" to Chip.

Ha the funny thing is i actually laughed out loud at that one and everyone in the computer lab here looked at me... :rolleyes:

oops haha

We visited WDW in November, and my DD, who is 6, had never been on a roller coaster before. During our planning process, I really talked up the Barnstormer as a good first roller coaster ride. She was very excited to go on it. Well, the day comes, and we went to Toontown Fair and got in line to ride. DD was literally jumping up and down, she was so excited to get on the ride. We got in the car, and started up the first hill. She had a HUGE grin on her face, but as soon as we crested the first hill, it faded a bit. She was fine for the rest of the (brief) ride, and we exited. As we were walking back toward Mickey's house, I asked her, "So, didn't you just love that? Would you like to go on again?". She looked at me, with a big smile on her face, and said, "No, thanks Mommy. That was the WORST thing I've ever done! I'm NEVER going on it again!". All this with a big smile! The whole rest of the trip, every single ride we went on, she would ask suspiciously, "This isn't a roller coaster, is it? 'Cause I HATE them!" I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I reassured her on each and every ride.

DebbieB said:
A couple from last week:

In line at the Candlelight Processional, a teenage girl says to her friend "what is this show about". The friend says " The Christmas Story". Girl says "which Christmas story?". Friend says "THE Christmas Story".

Too funny. Reminded me of a conversation my aunt and I had. We had spent he AM at AK and then went to Epcot in time to catch the last show of the Candlellight Processional which happened to be Jim Caviezel's last day. All week long we kept making corny jokes, "gonna hear Jesus tell the story of Christmas!" But I think the corniest one came that night. We caught the boat over to Morocco so we didn't have to walk and I don't know why (we know he's backstage by the theater) but my aunt just happened to say out loud, "wonder if they're bringing Jesus in on a boat (I don't think we ever called him by his real name that week, hehe)" without missing a beat I said, "nah, he probably just walked across the lake." We were all so exhausted since it was the end of the trip and we hadn't had that much sleep or rest that it was 100 times funnier than it ever should have been.

Last year at WDW I told boyfriend I was going to embarrass him so as we walked into PoTC I said, as we walked past the CM, (loudly and very know it all-y): "this ride is new, it was built after that movie did so well." Boyfriend shook his head and acted like he didn't know me.

My parents accompanied us on a trip this past October and when we came out of Mickey's Philharmagic, my mom (she's so cute but not too bright) said to me, "that show was really good but I just have one question: what's a 'philhar' ?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter