Funeral Attire

mommytotwo

DIS Veteran
What do you wear for a funeral? Do you wear darker clothing? My uncle's funeral is next week and I need to find an outfit. I am in my 20s, and was wondering what everyone else wears, especially when it is your relatives funeral.

I wear black (usually long skirt and short blazer). It is always an appropriate choice.

Actually, I think rules are more relaxed than they used to be, I have seen everything from very formal (everyone in dressy black)to jeans.

You know, the first time I saw jeans at a funeral, I did a double take and then thought...they are here to pay their respects and support for the family (it was the funeral of an 18 yo boy who was killed in a car accident)...just being there is enough, IMO.

But for a family member, I would definitely go with black or a dark color.

I am thinking of doing black slacks since it will be a late afternoon/evening funeral and a blouse. I usually wear black or darker colors.
My mom said that once during one of my dad's aunties funeral one of the cousin's wife had worn a red dress :rolleyes: .

sorry to hear about your uncle and i agree withyour choice of clothing
i almost always wear black slacks with a nice dark colored blouse

HOWEVER when my DFIL passed away at his request we all were to wear some color
i wore a long dark green skirt with a rose colored blouse

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

When my mom passed away, I wore black pants, a casual blouse, and a wool blazer to the funeral and wake. I knew it would be a long night, and comfort was going to make it easier for me for those long hours at the funeral home.

Karen

So sorry to hear about your uncle. Hugs for you! :hug:

Any dark color is fine...black, navy, gray, etc. Nothing bright or flashy.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I will go shopping before the funeral to see what I can find.

I wear Eddie Bauer Kahki's and a golf shirt usually a Mickey mouse one to try and lighten the mood.

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle...

I think any subdued clothing would be fine. Just nothing flashy that screams "look at me"- loud prints, plunging necklines, sparkles or stuff that looks like you'll be hitting the local nightclub after the service...

Sorry about your uncle. My mom just past on 9/1. I think dark is the right way to go but mainly nothing too flashy. I can tell you that at my mom's wake, I couldnt tell you what most people had on. However, I know if it was something flashy I would have noticed that.

I am so sorry for you loss :hug:

I also tend to wear black or darker colors. I think what you are thinking of wearing will work out very nicely for you; and would be very appropriate, too.

Jodi

Originally posted by mrsstats
Sorry about your uncle. My mom just past on 9/1. I think dark is the right way to go but mainly nothing too flashy. I can tell you that at my mom's wake, I couldnt tell you what most people had on. However, I know if it was something flashy I would have noticed that.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I agree with what you mean about not noticing something until it really stands out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter