Funds tied to magic bands

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
So can everyone on your ressie have a different credit/debit/gift card/cash amount tied to their own magicband?

So can everyone on your ressie have a different credit/debit/gift card/cash amount tied to their own magicband?

No!

My son and dad were just at Disney at the beginning of December. Son decided to add his debit card to his magic band when he bought his AP. He then charged on his MB but it went back to the resort. They double charged him the charges. Then when we called to get one of them refunded Disney then charged my Dad (who had a CC on file at the resort). We are fighting with Disney to give my Dad his money back.

Only one card can be linked to your room for charging.
You can always charge to your room then either pay daily or after a few days.
You can also limit which bands can use it as a room charge, and when you get a print out of charges it will tell you whose band made the purchase.

You can add a separate card for each persons magic band in one room- we did this last year and it worked perfectly- however you have to trust that the cast member knows what they are doing as there are many reports of problems with this.

We travelled with my SIL and BIL in August at AKV and we each had our own, separate charging privileges. Something got messed up with my charging on our 5th day which resulted in them having to cancel and rebook our whole reservation and they had to set up the charging for the 2 separate credit cards again, so I have technically had them do thism twice for us.

No go on the gift card thing then? I have a feeling that I will just let them keep their gifts/money in the safe in the room and just go to Downtown Disney for one trip and let that be it as far as spending money goes. I did go and put a pin number on each of the four magic bands, but I believe I may go back and take away the charging abilities from the 12 and 10 year old.

I have a related question. Let's say you are a DVC member and you are going to WDW. You have also arranged for members of your extended family to come along and have their own rooms. Obviously, as the DVC owner, you are listed on the extended family's room. Can you link your card to your DVC room, but have them link their cards and magic bands separately to their own rooms.

I probably should have posted this on the DVC Board, but I saw this thread and thought of it.

So we have just returned and here is what we did.

I linked a single CC to all magicbands in our room but I set a spend limit on my DD's band.

I had been given misinformation that I could purchase a Disney Gift card and assign that to my DD's magicband.

My daughter enjoyed the freedom of being able to charge her purchases but I had the security of knowing she was limited. She is very responsible and this worked well for us.

I liked that the folio of charges also showed the name attached to the magic and for the individual charges.

We had no problem in May putting two different credit cards on our account and assigning 2 bands to each card. You also can go down each day or whenever and ask to see the charges to the accounts. You can then use whatever means of payment you would like to pay it at that time. So even though I had a credit card links to mine and my husbands bands I was able to use my debit card to pay it twice during our stay. Our friends who were with us just let them charge their credit card at the end of the stay. We LOVED the magic bands and this feature!

I have a related question. Let's say you are a DVC member and you are going to WDW. You have also arranged for members of your extended family to come along and have their own rooms. Obviously, as the DVC owner, you are listed on the extended family's room. Can you link your card to your DVC room, but have them link their cards and magic bands separately to their own rooms.

I probably should have posted this on the DVC Board, but I saw this thread and thought of it.

Why is this? :confused3
We are not DVC owners but have rented points many times. The owner books our reservation but is never listed as a guest in our room. We have no problem listing our cc as the card that our room account gets paid with. We do this while checking in online. I can only assume that if the DVC owner we were renting from was also staying at the same resort during our stay, he could still list his own cc card when he checks in.

Well, not a guest, per se, but technically they own the reservation. I rented points once before buying and the lady I rented from had her name on the reservation just above mine.

My concern really originates from the fact that I will likely be checking in for those who are renting my points. I will have my own room. And my parents will have their room under my name and theirs. And my parents-in-law will have their room under my name and theirs. And my other parents-in-law will have their room under my name and theirs. And we will all be in the same hotel at the same time. My concern was issues of confusion.

But it sounds like I shouldn't have a problem. Which is what I figured.

Well, not a guest, per se, but technically they own the reservation. I rented points once before buying and the lady I rented from had her name on the reservation just above mine.

My concern really originates from the fact that I will likely be checking in for those who are renting my points. I will have my own room. And my parents will have their room under my name and theirs. And my parents-in-law will have their room under my name and theirs. And my other parents-in-law will have their room under my name and theirs. And we will all be in the same hotel at the same time. My concern was issues of confusion.

But it sounds like I shouldn't have a problem. Which is what I figured.

But each family occupying a room will link their res # in their own MDE account and could then do their own online check in to keep it all separate. Then when you arrive, just pick up everyone's packets.

Otherwise they would have to give you their cc and you would hope the CM keeps it all straight with whose cc applies to whose room.

FWIW, I've rented 4x and never had the owner's name listed on the res anywhere. The only difference for me was that the confirmation email was forwarded to me from the owner and of course they retain full control if it.
I guess it depends how the owner enters it all in. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter