Fundraiser advice needed

Eeyore4me

<font color=darkorchid>Freeze Dried Pork Chops any
I will be doing the Breast Cancer 60 mile 3 day walk in Philadelphia in October and I am trying to come up with some different fundraising ideas. I need to raise $2200 and I'm currently at $500. I've come up with Beef & Beer, Car wash, Pancake Breakfast, and plain old begging:thumbsup2 It seems everyone I tell, no one seems interested in any of those. I do know times are hard all around, but I am committed to doing the walk, so....any ideas that people might find Unique & wouldn't shoot down?? Just hoping I don't have to fund the Whole walk myself!! ;)

Thanks for your help!

Lauren
3 day Philly
How the BREAST was won

How about approaching local businesses as sponsors. You could then wear a t-shirt advertising the names of your sponsors.

When I did the walk a few years ago I did a bake sale, make your own sundae bar, wore t-shirts advertising different companies each day during the walk. I wrote a letter to everyone explaining why I was doing the walk (for my mom-who just celebrated 20 years of being cancer free:banana: )and that seemed to get some donations flowing-people who remembered when my mom was sick, etc.

Don't give up-the walk is one of the most amazing experiences you will ever have!:thumbsup2

Hi fellow 3-Dayer!! I am doing the Chicago walk this weekend!! It is difficult to fundraise but keep at it, my team of 6 raised more than required with a bit of elbow grease.

The best fundraiser we had were coin drops... The first brought us over $1000 in 4 hours!!! The second was about $700.

Just be sure to check with the local officials about rules and regulations and make sure you go to any meetings they have about it so you can explain why you want to do it...

Good luck!!

I did the Avon walk for breast cancer last year and had to raise $1800. I did really well sending letters out. I sent them to anyone and everyone and got more than 3/4 of them back with a donation. I got some pink beads and made bracelets and keychains to sell. I did a bake sale but that was a lot of work. I had my kids help with the bake sale by holding a jar with my cause and pic of our aunt who lost her battle. Amazing how kids for a cause can rake in the donations. They also helped by making a pink lemonade stand and sold lemonade....once again, amazing how much kids on a mission for a cause can reel in. The kids were so proud of themselves. I also did a party where I charged a $10 admission. I had some local businesses donate food and drink for the party as well as prizes. We sold raffle tickets for the prizes (even to people who didn't come to the party, need not be present to win). Also had a 50/50 raffle and really made out when the winner told me to keep her part of the 50! A local bowling alley also let us do a fundraiser there where we did more raffle and 50/50 drawings. Fundraising is a lot of work and can be overwhelming. I had help from friends who were walking with me and we split the profits from the fundraising we did. In the end, everyone had made their minimum and we all walked. OH...don't forget to pass around a donation envelope at work (if you're employed outside the house) and maybe your spouse can do that, too. Use every opportunity you can. Mention the walk to anyone and everyone whenever you can fit it into your conversation and tell them you're collecting donations. They can't donate if they don't know. :)

I did not read any of the other posters so sorry if i repeat. but first thank you for your time and donations you are a special person.

our Dairy Queen will have Blizzard weekends and .50 from every Blizzard that is bought will go to your charity.

our Big Boy does celebrity servers and a portion of the net profits goes to your charity

bottle drives are great if you live in a state that has returnable bottles and cans. we raised 1,000 in an afternoon for my sons baseball team.

raffles are great

football squares are BIG money makers

and our biggest money maker is our Texas Hold-em tournament-but you do need to have a tax id # for that (maybe you could go under an organization in your town like the lions or rotary club, they will often sponsor some one so they can do a good deed it helps every one out and that's what they are there for)

Good luck :goodvibes

First of all, congrats on this massive undertaking! I did the walk in Cleveland last year and am volunteering at it this year, so I know what a huge commitment it is.

I did all of my fundraising online. There was a spot on my teams' website that had pre-written emails that you could customize. I sent them to all my friends (and a few people who I barely knew) and asked them to send it on to anyone they thought would be interested. I also made a point of sending a personal email to everyone who knew my mom. All of the women from her breast cancer support group were happy to contribute. If you have a particular person you are walking in honor/memory of, solicit her friends. After re-reading this, it sounds a little tacky to solicit the friends of dead people, but it really worked well for me (from a fundraising perspective, that is). My mom was a professional fundraiser, so I'm sure she would be proud of me for hitting up her friends. ;)

I know a lot of teams that went to local businesses (like Dairy Queen, etc.) to see what fundraising programs they already had in place. This way, they weren't re-inventing the wheel.

Have you been to any of the meetings the 3-Day sponsors? They usually have a time for people to share fundraising ideas. You can see what others in your area are doing and if it's been successful for them.

Good luck with your fundraising and your walk. Keep your feet healthy and have a fun weekend. Here's some pixie dust for good walking weather! pixiedust:

--Hillary

Thank you all SO MUCH for the replies!! I have been trying & trying...Not to mention having to get my lazy butt out of the house to walk all the time now, ugh! I'm annoyed though...no, I should say bothered by the fact that I am there for EVERYONE all the time no matter what someone needs help with. I asked my Girl Scout moms (I'm the leader, going on 6th yr), not a one. I haven't charged dues in 4 yrs, and I know these are not poor people. I've emailed EVERYONE I know, nada:confused3 My sister says I should get pushier!! Maybe that's the ticket!;) ;)
Thank you for the ideas, I'm going to sort through & see what will hopefully work for me. I do appreciate the well wishes, I need all the pixie dust I can get!!

Lauren:flower1:

Hi fellow 3-Dayer!! I am doing the Chicago walk this weekend!! It is difficult to fundraise but keep at it, my team of 6 raised more than required with a bit of elbow grease.

:cheer2: Way to Go!! :cheer2: Wishing you wonderful weather & Happy Feet!! I know how hard this is now...You go Girl:goodvibes :goodvibes

Lauren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter