Funai Classic Golf Transportation

DisneyTracey

Earning My Ears
We plan to visit WDW this October and we would like to see the Funai Classic Golf Tournament. Does Disney provide busses from the resorts to the tournament?

Last year, there were buses from the far side of the Epcot parking lot. We were staying at Saratoga Springs and had a car so we just drove over. Just beyond the gates, there were signs directing you to the golf tournament transportation. The tournament is not run by Disney anymore, the Orlando Chamber of Commerce is running it now, I believe.
HTH

When you were there last year, did you think the crowds were affected by the golf tournament or not?

We didn't think the crowds were that bad. Of course, Tiger Woods didn't play last year so I don't know if that was a factor. It didn't seem to affect the parks at all except for the traffic coming into the MK. They do block off the street around the Poly because the golf courses are just across the street. Didn't seem like it was a very big deal to anyone not going to the golf. HTH

No, Disney does not provide any special bus transportation from the resorts to the tournament golf courses.

As the other posters stated, there is a bus staging area in the Epcot parking lot that provides transportation to the tournament. We had a rental car so we just drove to Epcot.

One option would be to take a bus to Epcot and walk from the bus stop over to the golf tournament bus area.

A second option would be to go to one of the parks and then catch a bus to the Polynesian Resort. The golf courses are right across the street from the Polynesian (5 minute walk).

Troy

If you can get to they Poly, its a short walk across the street. You can even bum a ride on a security golf cart like we did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter