Fun things to do with DD2 and DD7.

bootleg89

Mouseketeer
I was hoping I could get some ideas on some thing fun to do with my DD5 and DD2. We are going to WDW in May and I want to make it special since it is DD2 first time.
Last time we went we only took DD7 who was 5 at the time and it was her first trip. We did character dining and the halloween party. She loved it.
This time around we're not going during the halloween time so I'm looking for something fun and exciting to replace it for DD2 first trip. We're doing the character dining already. I looked into the pirate boat ride but you have to be 4 and the pirate league you have to be 3. I don't want to do BBB, we're already taking our own costumes to dress up for the meal in Norway and for the meal at 1900.
Does any one have any suggestions on how I can make this special for them?
I thought about the air balloon in DTD but am not sure if DD2 would enjoy it.
Thanks for all you help!!

I was hoping I could get some ideas on some thing fun to do with my DD5 and DD2. We are going to WDW in May and I want to make it special since it is DD2 first time.
Last time we went we only took DD7 who was 5 at the time and it was her first trip. We did character dining and the halloween party. She loved it.
This time around we're not going during the halloween time so I'm looking for something fun and exciting to replace it for DD2 first trip. We're doing the character dining already. I looked into the pirate boat ride but you have to be 4 and the pirate league you have to be 3. I don't want to do BBB, we're already taking our own costumes to dress up for the meal in Norway and for the meal at 1900.
Does any one have any suggestions on how I can make this special for them?
I thought about the air balloon in DTD but am not sure if DD2 would enjoy it.
Thanks for all you help!!

I think you are putting too much thought into it. At 2, just being at WDW would be overwhelmingly special. Between the characters, the rides, and treats on every corner, I don't think your kids are going to be sad they missed out on extra specialness. Enjoy your character meals and take time out of your day to swim and relax, and your kids will feel completely special.:goodvibes

I agree with PP, you're already in Disney World, the kids are going to be thrilled! One thing that could be kind of cool for all of you is to go to Beaches and Cream and get a Kitchen Sink ice cream. My kids were 7 and 8 and loved this, they still talk about it. Kids think giant ice creams are awesome. It cost like 25 bucks but it can easily be dinner for your family, they throw in every dessert in the place and an entire can of whip cream! When they deliver it to your table they turn down the lights and make a big show of it so everyone in the restaurant is watching it be brought to you. After eating this if you feel you need some exercise rent a surrey bike and take a few trips around the Boardwalk. My kids loved the surrey bike also, the kids don't have to do any work, just ring the bell!

I agree with PP, you're already in Disney World, the kids are going to be thrilled! One thing that could be kind of cool for all of you is to go to Beaches and Cream and get a Kitchen Sink ice cream. My kids were 7 and 8 and loved this, they still talk about it. Kids think giant ice creams are awesome. It cost like 25 bucks but it can easily be dinner for your family, they throw in every dessert in the place and an entire can of whip cream! When they deliver it to your table they turn down the lights and make a big show of it so everyone in the restaurant is watching it be brought to you. After eating this if you feel you need some exercise rent a surrey bike and take a few trips around the Boardwalk. My kids loved the surrey bike also, the kids don't have to do any work, just ring the bell!

This........:thumbsup2

We have been to WDW several times and I have found that is the little moments that they remember. "Mommy remember last time we went to Disney, we were riding TTA and you were hot so I just sprayed you with my water bottle all over feet?" DD5 remembered this just the other day from our trip last sept.:cloud9:

Thanks for the replies. I just want to make this as special for her as I did for DD7. I know she probably won't remember everything but I think the ice cream idea would be great!!

be prepared to let big sis take the lead with characters. by the end of week yunger boys did well but at beginning of week, they wanted older guys to go first and see if it was okay. younger daughter is younger than older one at first trip. what does you daughter like to do? from what i have seen with my grandsons,with the younger boys it is the small things they enjoyed the most. we stayed at campgound and both younger boys love rideing in golf cart around campground as much if not more than the parks. for something special for her, look at everthing thru her eyes ,not ours. hope that helps you some.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but just be prepared that your 2 yo might be overwhelmed by things. My DD was about 2 the first time we took her to WDW and we thought our day at MK would be magical. She lasted about an hour before we retreated and went to Epcot. MK put her in sensory overload and she didn't/doesn't have sensory issues. Epcot was a huge hit with her and DH and I love it so it turned out to be a win/win.

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

My suggestion to make it special for a 2yo is is she/he is tired, cranky, hot, etc. put your touring aside, go back to the resort, walk them through the pool to cool off and then a nap.

At 2 material items can be as simple as the empty cardboard popcorn container, but a real luxury is being heard when they have had enough.

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but isn't just going to Disney special enough?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter