• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fun, Sun & Strong Water Rum...*Yo-Ho*...23 Nights @ Sapphire Falls...A May 2022 TR

For some reason I stopped getting notifications on your TR so I'm just catching up now! I always sneeze more than once :rotfl: it's very awkward in this time period lol

Omg that's a crazy price!

Josh loved Anthony! He said he never realized how many kinds of rum were out there until Anthony showed him what they had at Strongwater. He still talks about him all the time lol

That's what I'm getting when we go back!

Someone else said they weren`t getting notifications either....wonder why.

lol...you`re a sneezer too.......imagine us all getting together at the same time......we`d clear the place!!

We were the same, had no idea initially just how many rums there were and how many areas they come from. And yes, they all know their stuff when it comes to rums. Anthony is a character for sure and knows his stuff. The first time we brought Fernando a Scottish rum they were amazed. The barman with Lenny at that time was called Brad and he said no, you get whisky from Scotland.....lol......but it was very nice, we all had a taste. Now we try to bring something different every time. And they have given us so many tastes of very unusual ones over the years too......

Sattina who is usually behind the bar is also one who knows her stuff, but they are all excellent at giving you suggestions to try.

I think rental prices are slowly coming down, but not by much. I never thought we`d be paying $2000 for a rental car ever. Well it was just under it, but even so....crazy prices. Haven`t looked for September yet......:scared:

The Tres Leche is divine!!! It almost looks like a winter warming dish, but it is delicious and the portions are very large!! You`ll love it ::yes::

I wish the Velocicoaster had EP!!!

Then, I believe we`d do this ride time and time again......and then some more. I cannot do justice to how amazing this ride is and now we`ve ridden it so many times, it hasn`t lost any shine........in fact we probably love it more.

This morning, I can`t remember how long the line was, maybe 45 minutes but could have been longer, we just didn`t pay attention. But, it doesn`t feel a long line and we felt as if we were on in no time at all. However, again in the line I began to get incredibly nervous to go back on it......I trust Universal implicitly with safety, so I wasn`t worried about that.....I think it was just good old excitement nerves, but my goodness my palms were sweating!!! Tom laughs as he doesn`t get that nervous feeling, he just can`t wait to get on the rides.

We were soon at the front of the line and immediately asked for the back row......the two behind us immediately said Darn it.......lol......I`m guessing they were going to ask for the same thing...the back row is the best.....although we do love the front too.

I was still so nervous getting on, but, once we were off, you don`t get the chance to be nervous........we were loving this!!!! Upside down numerous times, wind in my hair, face being drawn back was just what we needed this morning........it certainly wakes you up if you were ever feeling sluggish.

The upside down sections I think are our favourite parts of the ride. To be completely out of your whole seat while dropping from the highest peak or being turned over water or just twisting around the regular turns on this behemoth of a ride is simply tremendous! It blows our mind everytime and you do feel as though this coaster is a proper ride, it`s not too short the way some are but we`re always disappointed when it ends.........and then we can catch our breath!!

This is the best coaster Universal has ever come up with!!

We did ponder on going on again, but the line seemed much longer this time and we decided not to bother, but we were tempted as the exhileration you feel from this ride beats every ride in the park.

Coming back up to go through Hogsmeade as we do like our castle pictures........nicest Castle in Orlando of course........:rolleyes1

i-LpHn53p-X2.jpg

I forgot how much the ride messes with your hair........lol........

i-dPTN4Cw-X2.jpg

I swear we must have pictured every square inch of these parks over the years......and weirdly this trip we took the least amount of pictures ever, but still quite a lot. And there`s always something new to take a picture of on every trip too.

i-Pm27d2q-X2.jpg

i-wsHkB6K-X2.jpg

It was very busy today. Not only were there regular crowds, but there were lots of school groups with it being a Friday, but they didn`t impact crowds anywhere......I think the folks with the wagons and huge strollers were enough for everyone. We never once felt the school groups caused any problems whatsoever.

i-mZWDqXx-X2.jpg

We bought a Pumpkin Fizz and went round to one of our favourite areas to watch the Velocicoaster......round the back area of the 3B`s......

You get the best view of the ride and you are close enough you can see and hear the riders excitement and love of this ride. We certainly don`t find it intrusive or annoying.....we love it, and everyone around seemed to love it too. It just makes you smile.

i-Vv84sQ8-X2.jpg

i-8Wqvw74-X2.jpg

I think we sat here for about 15 minutes and lost count of how many times the coaster passed us, everyone just beaming with laughter and excitement....and a few who maybe found the whole thing a little too much.......lol.......

We share a pumpkin fizz as it is very sweet, so one is too much for one person and we both like it, as we are the very odd folks that do not like Butterbeer in any form. Well, except ice cream and fudge.....but that doesn`t count ☺️

Back out to Hogsmeade, we didn`t go in any stores as they were just bursting at the seams with people and that`s never fun so we meandered out and just took a few pictures and enjoyed the bustle of the area.

i-HJC4wgZ-X2.jpg

No chance on Hagrid`s today......I know folks say the line is usually less than it states, but we had no desire to wait over an hour for any ride and this was another that we couldn`t wait till it gets EP. It`ll always be a popular one for sure, but it`s time they had it with Express. It is a very good ride and exceptionally themed, but we won`t wait for it.

i-dhscC5R-X2.jpg

i-Z83smP2-X2.jpg

We did ponder Mythos for lunch today, but it has disappointed us so many times, we just didn`t want to risk it again. Concierge had told us if we wanted a reservation they would get us one today, maybe some other trip. The annoying thing is, inside it is a beautiful and unique restaurant, but too many things set it back in our opinion and experiences.

i-5TCqtQF-X2.jpg

Poseidon had been scrubbed up and repainted and it does look amazing, but we didn`t get the love this place gets. I know some folks love it, some like it for the water vortex, but we found it boring. I`m sure one day we might before they inevitably change it to something else.

i-hVLdNRt-X2.jpg

One place we always find some calm and quiet is to the back of Mythos on the lagoon......you get some amazing views here and now of course the VC too......but even here the little touches are lovely.

Listening for the troll under the bridge is always fun and it is quite loud when you do notice it, but details like this we love.

I can`t remember the first time we came down here, but again, there was no-one else here so it has always been a little corner of the park to hide from the crowds for 15 minutes or so. I think it was 2009 the first time we came down, before that we hadn`t explored enough to know it was here.

i-jFZqz8s-X2.jpg

And of course the man himself..........

i-hhSd3nv-X2.jpg

Apologies if I bore you rigid with Velocicoaster pics and tales, but we just find it a tremendous addition to the park, and much needed grown up coaster that really does whoop you!

i-27nWVJN-X2.jpg

Dr Seuss area is highly coloured and certainly vivid enough to stay with you after you leave!! Certainly the memories of Cat in the Hat are enough to give normal people pause for thought!!!

I always think of @Raeven when I see Honk Honkers....I know she likes that sign!!!

i-JHgnXCn-X2.jpg

i-PFMK4XF-X2.jpg

We didn`t join the line to meet the Grinch, but he did interact with folks passing by between guests.......that is one funny character for the parks.

i-gpdJjNn-X2.jpg

We never choose to eat in Circus McGurkus, but it is incredibly vibrant to look at and inside is lively too. You do go through it on one side of the trolley train, but we didn`t do that one today, it`s a cute ride and gives you amazing views over the park and lagoon. The food is not for us though.

i-jZfjwx8-X2.jpg

More works going on around the parks. The Caro-seuss-el is down for a complete revamp and paint job, and the area around too, so the boards are up temporarily. There are some updated pictures on some of the main social media sites and it does look fresher than before.

i-g75qbcw-X2.jpg

Well, we hadn`t quite decided where we wanted to eat lunch today. We were going to the Mall this afternoon, but didn`t want to eat there, so we opted for Confisco Grille, a definite favourite of ours.

We asked if they had any availability, the lady on the door said 20 minutes, so we said we`d wait, popped inside to sit in the cool and she shouted us to take us to a table....I never got to sit down.

Our table was over the far side of the restaurant and it was so cool in here...and not too busy either. I don`t really want to be making reservations and some folks said we`d struggle without any.....but we managed to eat everywhere we wanted without one.

I glanced at the menu and couldn`t decide, she asked if I wanted a cocktail and recommended their sangria. I laughed and said no thanks. A couple of years back we saw one of the bar staff bring out a huge plastic bag for want of a better word, filled with the sangria already made up and they poured it into the container behind the bar for serving.......er, no thanks......looked like an industrial solvent and I would question the quality of the wine involved in such a mix :eek: I prefer drinks freshly made up....but all the same, we both ended up with Fanta.....it was hot out there so I think we drank two each as well as water.

i-CB4m7B6-X2.jpg

Not as busy as I thought it would be.

i-mt4Fwnd-X2.jpg

The menu is nice and does change fairly frequently, so after much thought and consideration Tom went for the Chipotle Chicken Wrap which came with fries.

i-SZ7tjr6-X2.jpg

I was having a love in right now with Ahi Tuna, so I opted for Ahi Tuna Nachos and asked for extra jalapenos even though she assured me it was very, very spicy (it wasn`t) so I did get a little pot on the side to add them.

i-8Qz3V6x-X2.jpg

Tom enjoyed his sandwich it was fresh and he finished it all, although the fries were cold.....something we noticed from the last trip and this one too, some components on dishes were not as warm as they could be in various places which is annoying. So he did send the dish back for fresh fries which wasn`t a problem. The lady taking care of us was very nice.

The tuna was lovely. Not really something I`d have with nachos generally, but it was very nice and fresh too. Just too many chips and not enough toppings. I`d get this again though.

More to follow :)

I wish the Velocicoaster had EP!!!

Then, I believe we`d do this ride time and time again......and then some more. I cannot do justice to how amazing this ride is and now we`ve ridden it so many times, it hasn`t lost any shine........in fact we probably love it more.

This morning, I can`t remember how long the line was, maybe 45 minutes but could have been longer, we just didn`t pay attention. But, it doesn`t feel a long line and we felt as if we were on in no time at all. However, again in the line I began to get incredibly nervous to go back on it......I trust Universal implicitly with safety, so I wasn`t worried about that.....I think it was just good old excitement nerves, but my goodness my palms were sweating!!! Tom laughs as he doesn`t get that nervous feeling, he just can`t wait to get on the rides.

We were soon at the front of the line and immediately asked for the back row......the two behind us immediately said Darn it.......lol......I`m guessing they were going to ask for the same thing...the back row is the best.....although we do love the front too.

I was still so nervous getting on, but, once we were off, you don`t get the chance to be nervous........we were loving this!!!! Upside down numerous times, wind in my hair, face being drawn back was just what we needed this morning........it certainly wakes you up if you were ever feeling sluggish.

The upside down sections I think are our favourite parts of the ride. To be completely out of your whole seat while dropping from the highest peak or being turned over water or just twisting around the regular turns on this behemoth of a ride is simply tremendous! It blows our mind everytime and you do feel as though this coaster is a proper ride, it`s not too short the way some are but we`re always disappointed when it ends.........and then we can catch our breath!!

This is the best coaster Universal has ever come up with!!

We did ponder on going on again, but the line seemed much longer this time and we decided not to bother, but we were tempted as the exhileration you feel from this ride beats every ride in the park.

Coming back up to go through Hogsmeade as we do like our castle pictures........nicest Castle in Orlando of course........:rolleyes1

i-LpHn53p-X2.jpg

i-dPTN4Cw-X2.jpg

I swear we must have pictured every square inch of these parks over the years......and weirdly this trip we took the least amount of pictures ever, but still quite a lot. And there`s always something new to take a picture of on every trip too.

i-Pm27d2q-X2.jpg

i-wsHkB6K-X2.jpg

It was very busy today. Not only were there regular crowds, but there were lots of school groups with it being a Friday, but they didn`t impact crowds anywhere......I think the folks with the wagons and huge strollers were enough for everyone. We never once felt the school groups caused any problems whatsoever.

i-mZWDqXx-X2.jpg

We bought a Pumpkin Fizz and went round to one of our favourite areas to watch the Velocicoaster......round the back area of the 3B`s......

You get the best view of the ride and you are close enough you can see and hear the riders excitement and love of this ride. We certainly don`t find it intrusive or annoying.....we love it, and everyone around seemed to love it too. It just makes you smile.

i-Vv84sQ8-X2.jpg

i-8Wqvw74-X2.jpg

I think we sat here for about 15 minutes and lost count of how many times the coaster passed us, everyone just beaming with laughter and excitement....and a few who maybe found the whole thing a little too much.......lol.......

We share a pumpkin fizz as it is very sweet, so one is too much for one person and we both like it, as we are the very odd folks that do not like Butterbeer in any form. Well, except ice cream and fudge.....but that doesn`t count ☺️

Back out to Hogsmeade, we didn`t go in any stores as they were just bursting at the seams with people and that`s never fun so we meandered out and just took a few pictures and enjoyed the bustle of the area.

i-HJC4wgZ-X2.jpg

No chance on Hagrid`s today......I know folks say the line is usually less than it states, but we had no desire to wait over an hour for any ride and this was another that we couldn`t wait till it gets EP. It`ll always be a popular one for sure, but it`s time they had it with Express. It is a very good ride and exceptionally themed, but we won`t wait for it.

i-dhscC5R-X2.jpg

i-Z83smP2-X2.jpg

We did ponder Mythos for lunch today, but it has disappointed us so many times, we just didn`t want to risk it again. Concierge had told us if we wanted a reservation they would get us one today, maybe some other trip. The annoying thing is, inside it is a beautiful and unique restaurant, but too many things set it back in our opinion and experiences.

i-5TCqtQF-X2.jpg

Poseidon had been scrubbed up and repainted and it does look amazing, but we didn`t get the love this place gets. I know some folks love it, some like it for the water vortex, but we found it boring. I`m sure one day we might before they inevitably change it to something else.

i-hVLdNRt-X2.jpg

One place we always find some calm and quiet is to the back of Mythos on the lagoon......you get some amazing views here and now of course the VC too......but even here the little touches are lovely.

Listening for the troll under the bridge is always fun and it is quite loud when you do notice it, but details like this we love.

I can`t remember the first time we came down here, but again, there was no-one else here so it has always been a little corner of the park to hide from the crowds for 15 minutes or so. I think it was 2009 the first time we came down, before that we hadn`t explored enough to know it was here.

i-jFZqz8s-X2.jpg

And of course the man himself..........

i-hhSd3nv-X2.jpg

Apologies if I bore you rigid with Velocicoaster pics and tales, but we just find it a tremendous addition to the park, and much needed grown up coaster that really does whoop you!

i-27nWVJN-X2.jpg

Dr Seuss area is highly coloured and certainly vivid enough to stay with you after you leave!! Certainly the memories of Cat in the Hat are enough to give normal people pause for thought!!!

I always think of @Raeven when I see Honk Honkers....I know she likes that sign!!!

i-JHgnXCn-X2.jpg

i-PFMK4XF-X2.jpg

We didn`t join the line to meet the Grinch, but he did interact with folks passing by between guests.......that is one funny character for the parks.

i-gpdJjNn-X2.jpg

We never choose to eat in Circus McGurkus, but it is incredibly vibrant to look at and inside is lively too. You do go through it on one side of the trolley train, but we didn`t do that one today, it`s a cute ride and gives you amazing views over the park and lagoon. The food is not for us though.

i-jZfjwx8-X2.jpg

More works going on around the parks. The Caro-seuss-el is down for a complete revamp and paint job, and the area around too, so the boards are up temporarily. There are some updated pictures on some of the main social media sites and it does look fresher than before.

i-g75qbcw-X2.jpg

Well, we hadn`t quite decided where we wanted to eat lunch today. We were going to the Mall this afternoon, but didn`t want to eat there, so we opted for Confisco Grille, a definite favourite of ours.

We asked if they had any availability, the lady on the door said 20 minutes, so we said we`d wait, popped inside to sit in the cool and she shouted us to take us to a table....I never got to sit down.

Our table was over the far side of the restaurant and it was so cool in here...and not too busy either. I don`t really want to be making reservations and some folks said we`d struggle without any.....but we managed to eat everywhere we wanted without one.

I glanced at the menu and couldn`t decide, she asked if I wanted a cocktail and recommended their sangria. I laughed and said no thanks. A couple of years back we saw one of the bar staff bring out a huge plastic bag for want of a better word, filled with the sangria already made up and they poured it into the container behind the bar for serving.......er, no thanks......looked like an industrial solvent and I would question the quality of the wine involved in such a mix :eek: I prefer drinks freshly made up....but all the same, we both ended up with Fanta.....it was hot out there so I think we drank two each as well as water.

i-CB4m7B6-X2.jpg

Not as busy as I thought it would be.

i-mt4Fwnd-X2.jpg

The menu is nice and does change fairly frequently, so after much thought and consideration Tom went for the Chipotle Chicken Wrap which came with fries.

i-SZ7tjr6-X2.jpg

I was having a love in right now with Ahi Tuna, so I opted for Ahi Tuna Nachos and asked for extra jalapenos even though she assured me it was very, very spicy (it wasn`t) so I did get a little pot on the side to add them.

i-8Qz3V6x-X2.jpg

Tom enjoyed his sandwich it was fresh and he finished it all, although the fries were cold.....something we noticed from the last trip and this one too, some components on dishes were not as warm as they could be in various places which is annoying. So he did send the dish back for fresh fries which wasn`t a problem. The lady taking care of us was very nice.

The tuna was lovely. Not really something I`d have with nachos generally, but it was very nice and fresh too. Just too many chips and not enough toppings. I`d get this again though.

More to follow :)
I feel the same way before getting on VC. So nervous! I get very quiet. LOL

Mythos was a disappointment and we haven't gone since. This trip we are going to try Lombard's.

Loving your report!!!!

For some reason I stopped getting notifications on your TR so I'm just catching up now! I always sneeze more than once :rotfl: it's very awkward in this time period lol

Omg that's a crazy price!

Josh loved Anthony! He said he never realized how many kinds of rum were out there until Anthony showed him what they had at Strongwater. He still talks about him all the time lol

That's what I'm getting when we go back!
It’s not just you Raeven I also stopped getting them!

I'm a week late to the party and it's almost 1/3 of the way over!!!! :eek: 23 days is NOT enough!!!!! :goodvibes

Glad you had an uneventful travel day... And I agree, not getting tested until you're at the airport is very stressful!!! My sister and bil went on a cruise last month and they couldn't get tested until they were at the cruise terminal waiting to board the ship... That's cutting it very close!!! Too close if you ask me!!!

You know, with all the people you and Tom know, Universal really need to put you on payroll as Resort Ambassadors... Just saying!!!

I feel the same way before getting on VC. So nervous! I get very quiet. LOL

Mythos was a disappointment and we haven't gone since. This trip we are going to try Lombard's.

Loving your report!!!!

Aww thank you......yes, I go quiet too when I`m nervous.....and fiddle with my neck chain apparently......I never noticed I did that.

Lombards is lovely. We enjoyed a really nice lunch last month there. It was fairly quiet too so we walked straight in, it`s such a lovely restaurant too, I`m sure you`ll love it.

Hagrids and Velocicoaster are in desperate need of EP.

One day Confisco Grille….one day!

Loving the pictures!

It`s long overdue for Hagrid`s for sure, who knows with the Velocicoaster.

You`ll enjoy Confisco, it has such a nice menu and food is normally excellent. If you can, ask for upstairs, you do get such a nice view of the park from up there.

Thanks.......:)

I'm a week late to the party and it's almost 1/3 of the way over!!!! :eek: 23 days is NOT enough!!!!! :goodvibes

Glad you had an uneventful travel day... And I agree, not getting tested until you're at the airport is very stressful!!! My sister and bil went on a cruise last month and they couldn't get tested until they were at the cruise terminal waiting to board the ship... That's cutting it very close!!! Too close if you ask me!!!

You know, with all the people you and Tom know, Universal really need to put you on payroll as Resort Ambassadors... Just saying!!!

I KNOW!!!!! Right......it needs to be longer........lol......

Oh that would be dreadful to have it done like that at the terminal......yes, too close, glad they made it ok though. We could have done it online with a video consultation, but we didn`t want to risk something going wrong so close to leaving, so doing it at the airport seemed easier......would have been completely gutted if it hadn`t have been ok.....

lol.....we have been accused of being Universal/Loews shills before but Resort Ambassadors does sound better.....oh that would be fun!!! ::yes::

Good to see you Nancy......:wave2:

Great report so far! The food porn pictures popcorn:: All your pictures are great!

And this I have to say without shame or embarrassment (ok maybe a little) this was me.....who now I do believe I could run if my *** was on fire!!!
I would be running too. The only way I want to be close to alligators is if there is a glass wall between me and them. When we did our swamp tour, there was a whole area with alligators and alligator education. We did enjoy it. Our swamp ride tour guide, got a little too close to the gators for me - dh LOVED it.
They used to do a beef and pineapple pinchos, but this was a lot nicer, and I loved the other one.
I am NOT a fan of fruit mixing with meat :sad2: :laughing: That is one thing we would probably disagree on lol. Just nope...nope nope nope ...NOPE!!!! lol and raisins too lol.

Now that I'm all caught up. I am the same as you, I just like to look around stores and not be followed around or have them explain each thing I look at.

We loved VelociCoaster. It is so fast and smooth and it's over before you really know what's happening or coming up! Going down that top hat :scared: :scared1: I was screaming the whole ride. Dh looked at me and asked if I was ok...or did I need a medic :rotfl: I was screaming and laughing the whole ride! It definitely blows your hair off! We did wait in line to ride Hagrid's. We loved that one too! Dh even said it was worth the wait. I loved both rides - probably hagrids a little more as I am more wimpy and love a more non-twisty upside down ride. Don't get me wrong, I'll be riding velociCoaster when we do our family trip! I won't miss it. I probably wouldn't ride it back to back as I can suffer from motion sickness - but once is GREAT!

It's great you had a good meal at Confiscos. As I told you, it was our least favorite meal our whole trip. The service was extremely slow and our food was cold and bland. We had some great meals while there - sadly that was not one.

Can't wait to hear more!!!!

I think rental prices are slowly coming down, but not by much. I never thought we`d be paying $2000 for a rental car ever. Well it was just under it, but even so....crazy prices. Haven`t looked for September yet......:scared:
I think you will be surprised by the prices for September. Our rental car has gone down 60% from the original price in LA. And now includes a one way drop off which usually raises the price. I was very glad to see that!

back home & all caught up :flower1: Things are off to a really great start, loving the pictures! Think it‘s grand how you have forged such great relationships with the staff at the resorts. They work such long hours, surely, deserve to be recognized.

you couldn`t make it up, but we managed and had a good old laugh about it.
Love how you look at things
He`s into his second week now and is positively loving this new move.
He’s a rising star & will absolutely go far
and completed the Attestation form
More forms, dear God, the hoops are endless
I sneezed.

7 times.
And the world stopped lol. It’s true, everyone stops dead in their tracks
Tom is well versed on putting the luggage somewhere discreet while I take pictures of the rooms we go into.......and today is no different!
There’s an art to it. i gave up years ago, the flung on the bed luggage is part & parcel for us in the pics lol
It`s a nice drive, now that we don`t go through a few backwater towns that look like you may never leave them......we had been told by concerned friends not to drive that way..
that is a very good thing indeed
Big hair, don’t care lol. Have you looked around at the great unwashed in the parks, ewww. love that Gru line in minions….sums it up best…something to do with a dip in the hotel pool doesn’t equate to a bath.

Great report so far! The food porn pictures popcorn:: All your pictures are great!

I would be running too. The only way I want to be close to alligators is if there is a glass wall between me and them. When we did our swamp tour, there was a whole area with alligators and alligator education. We did enjoy it. Our swamp ride tour guide, got a little too close to the gators for me - dh LOVED it.

I am NOT a fan of fruit mixing with meat :sad2: :laughing: That is one thing we would probably disagree on lol. Just nope...nope nope nope ...NOPE!!!! lol and raisins too lol.

Now that I'm all caught up. I am the same as you, I just like to look around stores and not be followed around or have them explain each thing I look at.

We loved VelociCoaster. It is so fast and smooth and it's over before you really know what's happening or coming up! Going down that top hat :scared: :scared1: I was screaming the whole ride. Dh looked at me and asked if I was ok...or did I need a medic :rotfl: I was screaming and laughing the whole ride! It definitely blows your hair off! We did wait in line to ride Hagrid's. We loved that one too! Dh even said it was worth the wait. I loved both rides - probably hagrids a little more as I am more wimpy and love a more non-twisty upside down ride. Don't get me wrong, I'll be riding velociCoaster when we do our family trip! I won't miss it. I probably wouldn't ride it back to back as I can suffer from motion sickness - but once is GREAT!

It's great you had a good meal at Confiscos. As I told you, it was our least favorite meal our whole trip. The service was extremely slow and our food was cold and bland. We had some great meals while there - sadly that was not one.

Can't wait to hear more!!!!

I LOVE fruit with meat....chicken/shrimp/beef with pineapple.....duck with cherry sauce......pineapple with bbq chicken pizza are among some of our favourite dishes....and love fresh fruit or dried cranberrries with chicken and salad.......good job we`re all different!

I never understand the love for green beans or hummus........bleurgh.....but one of my nieces could live off of both!!

We did wait for Hagrid`s at the OI event and I was glad we did as it was a lot of fun, but if I`m going to wait one for only one it would be VC.

Apart from some cooler parts of our dishes, which happened in other places too this trip, we loved our meals there. Since 2007 we have eaten there so many times and it`s always been lovely, so we`ll forgive a cool part of a dish. But, I do know what you mean, we`ll never go back to BigFire again yet, it does get some good reviews.

Nope, no gator trips ever for us......

Glad you`re still reading along and happy you like the pictures, all down, or mostly down to Tom for those......:)

When you all passed Mythos by, I just KNEW you were going to end up at Confisco Grille!

lol......I think we`re too predictable at times!!

We said our next trips we`re going to try some completely new places, not so much in the parks, but outside for sure....so many options!!

I think you will be surprised by the prices for September. Our rental car has gone down 60% from the original price in LA. And now includes a one way drop off which usually raises the price. I was very glad to see that!

Oh that`s good to hear. And yes, dropping off at a different place does add the bucks.

Haven`t seen a big drop yet, Tom was looking last night at rental for September, but didn`t say anything positive! He`ll keep checking though.

back home & all caught up :flower1: Things are off to a really great start, loving the pictures! Think it‘s grand how you have forged such great relationships with the staff at the resorts. They work such long hours, surely, deserve to be recognized.

Love how you look at things

He’s a rising star & will absolutely go far

More forms, dear God, the hoops are endless

And the world stopped lol. It’s true, everyone stops dead in their tracks

There’s an art to it. i gave up years ago, the flung on the bed luggage is part & parcel for us in the pics lol

that is a very good thing indeed

Big hair, don’t care lol. Have you looked around at the great unwashed in the parks, ewww. love that Gru line in minions….sums it up best…something to do with a dip in the hotel pool doesn’t equate to a bath.

Yay....you`re back!!

Oh I agree......they all work so hard and some we`ve known for a long time, so time spent chatting and catching up is always priceless to us. They are among some of the nicest folks and we`re so lucky to know them so well.

Thanks....we think he`s a superstar too. He`s settling in so well with this firm and absolutely bursts when talking about everything. And I love seeing him in a suit every day again....his last place went casual before the pandemic and although he still kept his clothes smart, he always looks so good in a suit.

lol....yes, even coughing slightly anywhere brings nervous glances from folks.......yes, I wonder if that will ever end now. Same with the paperwork, I think that will an ongoing thing now, even if they get rid of testing, we`ll always have to show proof of vaccination and boosts, don`t mind that of course, just lose the pointless testing.

Yes, we do take advice now on where to avoid with some places. You know that backstory of course which prompted us to think twice.......lol......

Oh there were some folks that needed to be introduced to soap and water this trip.....no excuse. We all get hot, but goodness me huge difference from stale stench off of some folks. Yes, Gru captured that well!! My hair had a complete mind of it`s own this trip especially the fringe with the damage I had to that.....still not properly grown out yet and gets worse in the sun of course!!!

Nice to have you back and posting........:wave2:

After our lunch, which had been lovely, we headed back out into the heat, and after the cool of the restaurant it does feel even warmer than it was probably was.

We wander through POE and enjoy how quiet it is as most folks are already in the parks now and it is gorgeous how they have designed this area. We didn`t go wandering to find all the little hidden treasures for pictures today, I think we have most of them anyway, today was just a slow meander out.

i-RXwxPMn-X2.jpg

You can hear the cats meowing under the balcony and they are very realistic, a lady once told me they had real cats up there.......lol......yes, of course they do.

i-RcXTmbB-X2.jpg

i-XfXbpP2-X2.jpg

The Christmas Shop is one we always wander back through on the way out. We never buy anything as we keep all those purchases for the Christmas trip but we are always tempted as they do have some lovely merchandise.

i-mpjJMP8-X2.jpg

I did give in and buy this shirt though......mainly because they do change the merch and I wanted this for my goddaughter, suits her perfectly.......::yes::

i-ghzgWNx-X2.jpg

Heading out we were going for the boat as we very rarely if ever walk to and from Sapphire, and we hadn`t noticed this outlest served up a couple of dishes, mainly amd meat and cheese sampler and a caprese salad...we thought that sounded nice along with the cocktails they serve, but we never did get around to doing this either!

i-DJ3Sfht-X2.jpg

And folks ask us how we can possibly fill our time here for longer trips.......I swear we would need two years with no gaps to do all we`d want to do. And still not do everything. We are always relaxingly busy....sounds a decent description.

The boat is always a pleasant way back home, and there is a lovely cool breeze on the boats which is very welcome after the heat of the park. We only waited a few moments for the boat to depart, there were only a few of us on it so we had just made it before it set off.

i-M6N3Vck-X2.jpg

i-4KW94Zz-X2.jpg

i-7MNQg5J-X2.jpg

This is definitely the nicest way to get back home......pulling up in the car isn`t the same as rocking up in the boat, and it`s even prettier at night to pull into the lagoon.

i-8tsm4dv-X2.jpg

i-3ZxwjqH-X2.jpg

The water wheel not going was missing, but it still looks incredibly pretty and one of the nicer looking hotels in the UOR group of hotels.

i-xJR5P46-X2.jpg

This afternoon, after we showered and changed, we headed to the Mall at Millenia hoping to change a product we had bought at Christmas and pick up some make up and moisturiser from Clinique.

But first we dropped Tom`s park watch in for a battery as it had just died last night, so they said give them 20 minutes, which was ideal for us to go to Macy`s.

On our December trip, Tom had wanted to surprise me with a bottle of the only Chanel perfume I like as part of my Christmas gifts, Chance au Fraiche, so when I went to the bathroom in Macy`s at Christmas, he rushed over to the counter, told the woman what one he wanted and she told him there was a bigger bottle did he want that, he said yes he did and she popped it in a bag for him. I kind of knew he had bought it, but we go along don`t we.......😉

Fast forward to Christmas Day.......I open the perfume, look at the box after I had torn open the plastic covering......and it`s the wrong one. The boxes do look similar and Tom would never notice the difference, so can`t blame him. I told him we`d change it when we came back, saw the return policy was within 90 days.

I emailed Macy`s International with the receipt image and an explanation.....3 times, no reply. So we decided to just chance it and take it back this trip. So, we wandered into the store and met a lovely young man behind the counter, explained what had happened although I had torn the cellophane wrapper I hadn`t brought it out or used it, and he happily exchanged it for us with the correct perfume and added in a few miniature bottles of the same perfume which was handy and nice of him too. It had been as easy as pie. We had said if they hadn`t exchanged it we`d have given it to someone who would wear it as I wouldn`t.

Next up was Clinique for some treats......there used to be a lovely young lady worked there for years and we always bought from her when we went. This time there was a much older lady working (there`s a reason I mentioned her age) I was looking around and she asked if she could help me, I mentioned a couple of things I wanted and was about to ask for a few others.....when she said oh yes, I can help you....you could be doing with a bit of help round the eyes and around your mouth couldn`t you.....then quipped it comes to all of us eventually!!!!!

i-5DxmWnc-Th.gif

What the heck was this woman on!!!!

Who says that to a paying customer....well, I wasn`t a customer anymore...I didn`t even respond to her initially, I turned and looked at a very shocked and angry Tom who was actually stuck for words (doesn`t happen often) and then looked back at her, smiled at her very sweetly and said Remember when I asked for your opinion....me neither, pulled myself up to my full 5`7", flung my shoulders back and swanned off.

I don`t know what her reaction was as I didn`t look, but I wasn`t rude to her, she had no reason to complain about me, but how rude!!! Like really rude. Never had anyone try to sell me products like that before! Afterwards we just laughed about it, but I did send an email to their head office and I did get a reply back this time.

Funny woman.

Back home and we did have an hour`s nap today which was lovely and then we got ready to have dinner in Ocean Prime.

It had been a while since we had been here, but thought we`d give it a bash for a change instead of Eddie V`s. We used to go here regularly, it`s always busy and quite noisy but we did like it. The lovely lady who was floor manager had left during the pandemic, and she was missed, she knew everyone by name after only meeting them once and we always enjoyed seeing her. The ladies on the desk were lovely I have to say and it is a very welcoming place.

It isn`t too noisy tonight, there is a man singing in the bar area, but he isn`t intrusive which was surprising as it`s not a huge place, big enough though.

i-V759nGM-X2.jpg

We had a lovely waiter, Matthew who was new to us and he was very nice and immediately brought over some bread for us and our water waiter kept our glasses filled up with vigour.

I have to say the light in here is not ideal for pictures, and we won`t use the flash so as not to disturb others, so food pictures aren`t the best.

i-SRvD2N7-X2.jpg

I had missed Berries and Bubbles.........🥰

Tom was driving so I wasn`t going to order a bottle of wine on my own, so I had two cocktails over the evening and very nice they were too. My second cocktail was a spicy pineapple based tequila cocktail, but we never got a picture of it for some reason.

i-t4NR6dW-X2.jpg

Tom ordered the NY strip as is his norm served medium rare, I went for my norm of the 8oz filet served rare with an au poivre sauce.......and we would share the au gratin potatoes which we do enjoy here as they have jalapenos through them, they are delicious.

i-4vHDKmG-X2.jpg

i-vmTJRTk-X2.jpg

i-PtXq45v-X2.jpg

Tom`s was perfect. Thankfully. Mine was overcooked.

I`ll admit I am so very fussy with steak, it`s one of the few things I will send back if it`s not right, and as soon as I cut into it, it didn`t feel right. We were quite unlucky as our waiter seemed to have disappeared at this point, so it was a time before he came back, by then I had eaten some potatoes, a slice of Tom`s steak and I was done.

He was mortified and said they`d do me another, I didn`t want one as Tom had finished his by now and we do like to eat together, so he sent the assistant manager over to apologise and explain they`d like to cook me another, again I said no thanks I was fine, and I really was.

We just asked for the check and at that point the manager Michael came over to say hello. Our friend had made the reservation for us so Michael wanted to check in, he didn`t remember he had met us a few years ago through the same friend, but he is a nice man who takes tremendous pride in his restaurant. I liked him more when he said they didn`t like Magical Dining and probably wouldn`t be taking part in it this year if they could avoid it. We hate Magical Dining so this was music to our ears, I just want the regular menu and not a cheaper version. So it was nice to see him again and they came with the check and they had taken my meal off it at least.

It had been a nice evening regardless of the steak not being right. It`s just disappointing when somewhere that steak is their signature dish can get it so wrong and this was the second time they had overcooked my steak, our last visit in 2019 was the same.

You may not be able to see this as clear as it was in the flesh, but this guy in the centre of the picture was the image of George Michael. I mentioned it to one of the ladies and she said yes, he did look like him and it was intentional with the way he dressed and style of hair and facial hair........it did make me look twice I have to say, he did look good!!

i-xqtqkKV-X2.jpg

We got back in the car and once we were parked we headed straight into Strong Water.......for a Friday night it wasn`t too bad and we got two seats at the bar and our best guy Lenny was working tonight which was nice as we thought he was off.

Tom asked him for a Mai Tai which is incredibly strong I hasten to add......and I asked lenny to surprise me, create me something special........and he never disappoints!!

I have no memory of what was in it, but it was gorgeous!!!

i-fVLv9RX-X2.jpg

One of my favourite guys!!!

i-GfHjV5Z-X2.jpg

We were lucky tonight, we got to chat to him for most of the evening as it wasn`t too busy, he really is the nicest person and after knowing him for almost 6 years he knows only too well the kind of drinks we like, but we also have the same sense of humour and he is just a fun guy. He had shared his wedding pictures with us once, so we always ask how Mrs Lenny is and always bring her a special huge bar of Galaxy chocolate that we know she loves, just for her!!!

Our evening passed so quickly, but we laughed so much my sides really did hurt a lot!!

We chatted to Maggie and Fernando too this evening and the lovely Maria had popped over from Orchids to say hello, always lovely to spend time with them all.

If there was a down side to this evening, it was the guitar guy who is on once a week....not a fan of his at all. He`s loud and the music all sounds exactly the same, although we are assured it is different, but he`s so loud!! The couple who sing on a Saturday night are very different, she has a lovely voice and sings very middle of the road songs that everybody loves and they don`t overpower the room.

And before we left for the evening.....I asked him to make me something else off menu and he came up with a similar drink but slightly different........wow!!! It would knock your socks off!!

Tom stuck to another Mai Tai, and they are delicious too, but I liked my special fruity concoction!!

i-CjJ6HKX-X2.jpg

Before we knew where we were it was after 11pm....not that late in the grand scale, but we were now yawning our heads off...so time to say goodnight to everyone and head for bed.

We did watch some tv for half an hour, then I was out for the count, again.

It was turning out to be the best trip so far.

Shame to hear about the steak!

And as someone who worked in retail I would NEVER have said that. I was mortified for you! Thankfully the young gentleman was able to exchange the perfume!

Those Strong Water drinks looked divine!

No, you`d never say that would you....to anyone.......and what made it worse, this woman was not the usual type of lady that sells make up on those counters.....she was not looking her best is the nicest description I could come up with.

Yes, completely different to the young man on the Chanel counter.

Drinks were lovely........🥰

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter