• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fun in the sun passes

vintagegal

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone!

I would like to know if anyone has any personal experience with the FITS passes. I would need them for a 9 day visit in May for my family. I have to tried to get the Disney Visa package with no luck, so I thought this might be the best option. I just want assurance that a US resident can use this type of pass. The 7 day pass is my other option, I guess. What is the best thing to do:confused:

Just got back last night.:(

We used the FITS pass without any problems. We checked in on April 2, went to MK to activate the our passes. I just needed to show ID and sign the voucher. My son (12 years old) just had to sign his voucher. Our passes looked like hopper passes. The only difference is that our names and the date they expire were on the back. When we entered the park we had to the finger scan and that was it.

We didn't have any trouble using the breakfast vouchers. I can't tell you anything about the other parks, we never left disney.

We ordered our tickets from ticketmania. I plan to use the tickets in the future.

Thanks for the response! I felt a little leery after finding out about the passes not being sold any longer at Ticketmania. I called them this morning and they said "no" they did not have them any longer, but that other places may still sell them. My mother (traveling with us) is leery too and thinks we might be better off buying the sure bet (7dPHP). I just would'nt want any glitches after spending that much money on the passes. Did they ask for just a driver's license or some special ID? Did they say anything else to you? I hope I'm not fretting too much. :wave:

I just wanted to let you know we used these also in Dec/Jasn trip. I had gotten five passes so like you I was very worried. I have to say they were great. I read all the fine print on the passes and nowhere did they state you had to be from outside the USA. The breakfast vouchers saved us 100. for the meal and we came and went to all the parks including PI and DQ without any problems. The only thing i didn't like was we had to return home before my 39days were up. :( I will get them again if they are available. What a deal! Gina

Sosorry I meant to say 30 days not 39. I guess it's time for bed. Good night. Gina

We used them in jan for our 16 day trip. I agree they were wonderful and the only bad part was leaving WDW before the 30 days were up?!

Thanks everyone. I think I will order these today if they are still available. Does anyone know what time Guest Services closes on any given day? My mom will be flying in the afternoon of our first day, and we would probably want to activate the passes around 6 pm or so. Is that too late to do so, or is the Guest Services window open until park closing. BTW, my mom has already started packing for this trip (6weeks or so away!) She's a bit excited I would say!

We are looking forward to a return trip to Ft. Wilderness cabins!

Sorry I forgot to say before, my DD16 and I use the same registration to post. Is that OK? She is the REAL vintage gal and loves Audrey Hepburn as you can see.

Guest services remain open until the parks close, we activated ours @ 8 pm right outside of Epcot , by the international gateway. We used them without a problem .

I bought mine from Paramount on Monday, they shipped them yesterday. These are a great buy, even better than the Stars and Stripes Passes or 6+3 hopper passes we were planning to buy at SOG. Now we can even go on the day we arrive (2pm) rather than hang around the pool to save an extra day cost.

They also include a free character breakfast, which we weren't going to do (due to the cost), but now can.

Adults $311, child: $251, $15 shipping.

mbelec,
What are the expiration dates on your FITS? Does Paramount have any that don't expire on 5/31 of this year?

They expire May 31. But we're arriving the 28th, so will be able to use them until we leave on June 7 (or beyond if we were able to stay :( ), which is considerable savings overall. The Character b.fast can be used anytime in that period as well, and was a bonus to us.

I still haven't ordered my passes yet. My mother is very sceptical about these passes and would rather have a ticket in hand instead of having to activate a voucher. My teenagers would rather have the FITS passes, as they would like unlimited access to DQ and the water parks. Is it possible to only buy for my children or would I have to have an adult pass to activate at Guest Services? I think I may have to just buy a 7dPHP for Mom only as that might be what it takes to appease her.

Yes, I understand they need adult passes, but what I mean is do they need a parent with a voucher as well. I'm just so confused about what to do. I am trying to please everyone and as you may know, that is a hard thing to do. I would just as soon go for the FITS passes and be done with it, but Mom does not believe we will be able to use this at the gate. :confused:

I think you can buy whatever you want, then activate them, even if it's just for the kids. My sis-in-law is coming on this trip, but is just picking up a hopper or stars and stripes pass, since she's only staying 5 days. So, your Mom could get what she wants there, and you or just your kids could get the FITS. We're going to be there for 11 days total, so it makes sense for us, since we'll probably use the water parks as pools most afternoons (staying at SOG, where I understand the pools lack somewhat). I also think my kids will really enjoy DQ and might want to go more than once, which would get expensive.

Everything I've read on this site states that no one has had any problem with these passes.

Thanks for the advice. Now we are on to packing and the other important questions such as "How much stuff can we cram into the back of the Suburban and still be able to see out of the rear view mirror?" LOL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter