Fun Family Tradition while Onboard

missyp

DIS Veteran
We are getting ready for our 4th Disney Cruise. I assume since many out here are repeat cruisers that some of you have a fun tradition that you always do on board. Example- Most nights around midnight we order Mickey Bars to the room and talk about our day while eating them. Most of the time our kids are off on their own, so it gives us a chance to hear what they did that day (if they make it back in time for midnight). Does anyone else have any fun traditions? Would love to hear about them, and maybe add them to our list.

We do, we do! We always bring a bottle of champagne (or cava, prosecco, etc. depending on the country we are boarding in) and the adults have a toast right after the Sail Away Party! Also, every night before bed the kids order the cookies and milk and I order the cheese platter from room service. We really miss those evening treats :)

We do second seating and order snacks while we're getting ready.

I have my own personal tradition: I pre-order room service coffee so I can drink my coffee on the verandah (with my book) while the rest of my family sleeps in.

Do you have the coffee delivered in the morning? I would hate to have everyone woken up by room service knocking. I have read that lots of people order it the night before and that it is still hot. I would love to know how hot it really is. I am always the first one up and need my coffee. I quietly sneak out and go up on deck and grab coffee and come back and sit on the veranda as well.

We have a Mickey Bar tradition too but it is to order Mickey Bars as we are getting ready to leave CC (or the last port on a cruise that does not go to CC). We sit on the verandah and enjoy the ice cream while watching the ship pull away from port. It is a sweet spin on a time when we are starting to get sad that the cruise is ending.

Late night pizza runs! Each night, two of us are volunteered to head upstairs to fill up the drink cups and retrieve pizza for everyone's before bed snack.

We have a couple. We always have mimosas on embarkation day. Sometimes in a limo, sometimes in the hotel before going over to the port, and one time we drove from Orlando so we got there early enough, parked in a gas station lot, and had our mimosas before going over to the port. We always get a drink before we watch the Sail Away Party and finally we go to a bar after the sail away and take a shot!

There are so many! Here are three:

1) Bingo -- every session. Boys get a passion cream freeze, I get a bloody mary or espresso martini.
2) The boys get warm cookies and milk every night.
3) Full-on pirate costumes (even though they are not really into the party anymore).

There are so many! Here are three:

1) Bingo -- every session. Boys get a passion cream freeze, I get a bloody mary or espresso martini.
2) The boys get warm cookies and milk every night.
3) Full-on pirate costumes (even though they are not really into the party anymore).

I am doing Bingo this year as a family if I have to drag them!!!

Do you have the coffee delivered in the morning? I would hate to have everyone woken up by room service knocking. I have read that lots of people order it the night before and that it is still hot. I would love to know how hot it really is. I am always the first one up and need my coffee. I quietly sneak out and go up on deck and grab coffee and come back and sit on the veranda as well.
I use the door hanger order form and usually choose 7 or 730a time. They knock lightly. I keep my dollars handy for tipping and just have them put it on the desk. No one even stirs. Coffee is delivered in insulated pitcher. Very hot. Ask for extra cream. :)

Ours is similar to OP. Midnight is cookies and milk room service as well as a cheese plate for me and a carafe of coffee which stays nice and hot for in the morning. This way I can get up, have coffee on the veranda without waking the kids.

Our tradition is that everyone is pretty much on their own until dinner. We may hang out together and we may not. No pressure, no guilt.

My tradition is to order Mickey Bars for the entire table the last night of the cruise. I get kidded by the family but I don't see anyone sending their Mickey Bar back to the kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter