Fun Facts V 2.0

I wonder if you can create a playlist. :laughing:

The quinine found in tonic water wards off Malaria. British explorers would drink it to keep from getting the disease. Some British guy said to himself one day, "hey, this could use a splash of gin." The rest is history.

A Ukrainian scientist who invented the musical condom. A baby loudspeaker and motion sensor embedded in condom produces an array of musical tones during the course of love-making. :rolleyes1

Isn't that ironic?

The quinine found in tonic water wards off Malaria. British explorers would drink it to keep from getting the disease. Some British guy said to himself one day, "hey, this could use a splash of gin." The rest is history.

So is that why it's called "tonic"? I always wondered about that.

90% of all product shots featuring a watch show the time 10:10.

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" sentence, mentioned in the first page, is the standard sample sentence used by font developers showcasing their product.

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" sentence, mentioned in the first page, is the standard sample sentence used by font developers showcasing their product.

And every typing class I ever took!

A human baby and a chimpanzee will match in development until approximately 18 mos. of age, with the exception of expressive language.

Chimpanzees and humans have 98% identical genomes.

Niagara Falls is actually 3 separate waterfalls - American, Canadian (also called Horseshoe) and Bridal Veil. You can take an elevator down 175 through bedrock to the base of the Bridal Veil and walk on a series of wooden stairs & decks - that structure has to be rebuilt every year because it's destroyed by ice in winter.

There is only one vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

It's lettuce.

Every other fruit and vegetable is available in some processed form.

In the computer field when someone talks about a bug in a program or debugging some code the concept actually goes back to an actual bug that was found in an early computer, the Mark II I believe.

There is only one vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

It's lettuce.

Every other fruit and vegetable is available in some processed form.

This man knows his fruit! :thumbsup2

Strawberries, unlike most berries, are not a fruit.

Fruit have seeds on the inside. Strawberries are a false fruit that are actually just a thickening of the base of the flower, with the seeds on the outside.

PEZ was invented as a breath mint to help adults stop smoking. The orginal dispensers did not have cartoon heads and were designed to look like a cigarette lighter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter