Fun/creative way to present giftcard?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by eeyorefan74, May 23, 2007.

1. eeyorefan74

eeyorefan74 DIS Veteran

My DH's cousin recently got married and we're having a family shower for them this weekend. They didn't have a wedding or reception, and don't have a lot of money, so I was thinking of getting a giftcard to Target or Walmart so they can get what they need. Anyone have any ideas on a way to present it, other than just in a congratulations card? I've seen some cute ideas for teachers recently, but not weddings.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. christinadei

christinadei <font color=red>Tagless for eternity (well, until

You could put it in a pretty picture frame or photo album that they could reuse for their wedding pictures.

4. Hedy

Hedy <font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind

Nice picture frame?

5. Bildmouse

Bildmouse <font color=teal>Where does the time go!<br><font

My DD's school had a dance and raffle. I made a flower arrangement (you could purchase one) and put several gift cards between the flowers. It went over really well! Since it was college sophomores I included cards from Starbucks and Olive Garden to give them a chance to get away from school food!!

6. patsal

patsal <font color=FF3399>I've discovered I don't need to

Along the same lines as the flowers, but a terracotta pot with garden stake labels insert gift cards into them and fill the pot with inexpensive seeds, maybe a pair of gloves and shears.

7. LisaNJ25

LisaNJ25 DIS Veteran<br><font color=aqua>I paid $300 back i

I hosted a bridal shower last weekend.. the bride received a home depot gift card inside of a paint can filled with colored tissue paper. You can decorate more with ribbon hanging off the handle.

8. tmarquez

tmarquez DIS Veteran

I bought these puzzle boxes for some people this past Christmas. You put the gc in the puzzle and they have to solve it to get it out. One was a maze puzzle, and the other you just had to fugure out how to open it. They were fun.

9. WaltD4Me

WaltD4Me <font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate

When my BIL got my sister a Disney Gift Card to take on our trip for her birthday, he got a Mickey mylar balloon and wrapped it in a box, when she opened it, the balloon popped out and the GC was dangling from the end
    of it. -- Maybe not as good for a bridal shower, but it was really cute.