Fun/creative way to present giftcard?

eeyorefan74

DIS Veteran
My DH's cousin recently got married and we're having a family shower for them this weekend. They didn't have a wedding or reception, and don't have a lot of money, so I was thinking of getting a giftcard to Target or Walmart so they can get what they need. Anyone have any ideas on a way to present it, other than just in a congratulations card? I've seen some cute ideas for teachers recently, but not weddings.

You could put it in a pretty picture frame or photo album that they could reuse for their wedding pictures.

My DD's school had a dance and raffle. I made a flower arrangement (you could purchase one) and put several gift cards between the flowers. It went over really well! Since it was college sophomores I included cards from Starbucks and Olive Garden to give them a chance to get away from school food!!

Along the same lines as the flowers, but a terracotta pot with garden stake labels insert gift cards into them and fill the pot with inexpensive seeds, maybe a pair of gloves and shears.

I hosted a bridal shower last weekend.. the bride received a home depot gift card inside of a paint can filled with colored tissue paper. You can decorate more with ribbon hanging off the handle.

I bought these puzzle boxes for some people this past Christmas. You put the gc in the puzzle and they have to solve it to get it out. One was a maze puzzle, and the other you just had to fugure out how to open it. They were fun.

When my BIL got my sister a Disney Gift Card to take on our trip for her birthday, he got a Mickey mylar balloon and wrapped it in a box, when she opened it, the balloon popped out and the GC was dangling from the end
of it. -- Maybe not as good for a bridal shower, but it was really cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter