Fun and Unique Poses for Pictures at WDW - Inspiration Needed!

kbmartin

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! My trip with DH is very quickly approaching. Last year, we took a ton of photos around the World, but I have to admit, we did not have any really unique or fun shots. Most of them are, well, just us standing in front of WDW "landmarks." I am looking for some inspiration for this trip!

Do you have any pictures that are exceptionally fun, unique, and have cool poses that you would be willing to share? I just don't want more of the "same old, same old." We will be headed to all four parks plus Universal and Downtown Disney. We'll be staying at Pop Century. Just letting ya know in case anyone has specific photos to those places. :-)

Thank you in advance!

Also in my signature, the first link, a link to other links, will have many different ideas. Several I particularly like are the ones I have put together of the many cast members who make our visits what they are. Give some of them a look, you may get some ideas.

Enjoy.

I thought of this after I had my picture taken but you could mess up your hair like Doc Brown and point at the vehicles while posing by the Delorean and Train (or have your head partly in the Jaws shark) at Universal. some interesting ones for WDW would be to pose by the giant Coke display at HS and act like you're gonna drink it. Or mime a golf shot by Spaceship Earth at EP
Photo of me from video years ago just getting my head out of Jaws (more recent photos not as funny(I was just standing by the display in those)
jaws2.jpgjaws.jpg

Last edited:
Also in my signature, the first link, a link to other links, will have many different ideas. Several I particularly like are the ones I have put together of the many cast members who make our visits what they are. Give some of them a look, you may get some ideas.

Enjoy.

Love these!

Ask the disney photographer for any new ideas. If you are by Tower of Terror they will take a pic of your scary or afraid look. You can also do silly faces. When we the leave the park on our last day we have pictures of us waving goodbye and we will also do a sad pouty face because we are leaving. We have also done a picture of our favorite ice cream treat.

Tom's got a blog on this, although his photography is so far above mine, it makes me weep.

Thanks for the shoutout.

The OP commented on standing in front of landmarks, and that is all too common, and leads to dull photos. My biggest recommendation would be to place yourselves in the environment, rather than just standing in front of things. Not only will this give your photos greater dimensionality (and not just make it look like you took one shot and greenscreened the backdrops!), but it makes the poses irrelevant. All too often, the purportedly "unique" poses are just reflective of the background anyway.

Photography skills are irrelevant to all of this. Anyone can do it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter